BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Noticed that Chris Taylor gave the penalty away. Shocking player, massively overrated when here.

Bit harsh. I can't say I ever remember anyone rating him, tbh! 

He was a steady Eddie at best.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How did Davenport get on? 

I didn't get down to the game as I didn't find out it was on until I read RoverCanada's post, by the time I would have got there i'd have caught the last 10 minutes or so. I didn't get home from Swansea until 4 so I was having a lie in.

• Like 2

Rovers where superb today. Candlin didn't have his best game and was replaced by Butterworth. He was fantastic when he came on driving forward, he missed a penalty but apart from that was superb. Mom imo was Buckley on the right. What a game he had. Scored the second by beating one man and driving to the box turned back inside leaving another defender and finishing with the outside of his foot. Really good head on him. Intelligent play defensively and offensive, calm and composed, made the right choices a joy to watch. The back four all played well, evans in particular who supported the attacks down the left and got on the scoresheet. Davenport had a steady game without standing out. Travis was also superb and from watching Davenport maybe five times live and seeing quite Abit of Travis I know who I would be playing. Travis is the better player imo and a few around who go regular echoed that sentiment. Mols kept making excellent runs but nobody ever picked him out . Lyons looked tidy when he came on. All in all a superb 6-0 win with a missed penalty and post and bar struck in either half.  Og, Buckley, Grayson, Vale, Evans and Simmonds the scorers.

Edited by Oldgregg86

Superb performance today by the Under-23's - very much like the performances we saw last season.  Buckley was back to his best having been moved back to midfield from full-back and he and Mols tore their defence apart in the first half.  A real team performance in which everyone contributed and completely outplayed an experienced but very ordinary Blackpool side.  Hopefully, this will give the lads some much needed confidence for the League campaign.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Rovers where superb today. Candlin didn't have his best game and was replaced by Butterworth. He was fantastic when he came on driving forward, he missed a penalty but apart from that was superb. Mom imo was Buckley on the right. What a game he had. Scored the second by beating one man and driving to the box turned back inside leaving another defender and finishing with the outside of his foot. Really good head on him. Intelligent play defensively and offensive, calm and composed, made the right choices a joy to watch. The back four all played well, evans in particular who supported the attacks down the left and got on the scoresheet. Davenport had a steady game without standing out. Travis was also superb and from watching Davenport maybe five times live and seeing quite Abit of Travis I know who I would be playing. Travis is the better player imo and a few around who go regular echoed that sentiment. Mols kept making excellent runs but nobody ever picked him out . Lyons looked tidy when he came on. All in all a superb 6-0 win with a missed penalty and post and bar struck in either half.  Og, Buckley, Grayson, Vale, Evans and Simmonds the scorers.

21 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Superb performance today by the Under-23's - very much like the performances we saw last season.  Buckley was back to his best having been moved back to midfield from full-back and he and Mols tore their defence apart in the first half.  A real team performance in which everyone contributed and completely outplayed an experienced but very ordinary Blackpool side.  Hopefully, this will give the lads some much needed confidence for the League campaign. 

its great to hear that it was a good performance and the lads played well. I really wish I could have got down and watched. 

can I asked what formation did we play? Has anybody replace Dunn as Johnson number 2? 

how did Grayson play? wasn't he the captain?

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

its great to hear that it was a good performance and the lads played well. I really wish I could have got down and watched. 

can I asked what formation did we play? Has anybody replace Dunn as Johnson number 2? 

how did Grayson play? wasn't he the captain?

Grayson played well and scored from the spot. Didn't have to much defending to do but had alot of the ball as rovers played out from the back.  Don't know about dunns replacement. He was there today and I saw waggott hovering around the car park.

Formation and line up was 

Fisher

Doyle.      Downing.    Grayson.   Evans

Buckley.        Davenport.    Travis.   Vale

Mols.      Candlin

Simmonds, Lyons and Butterworth came on second half.

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Grayson played well and scored from the spot. Didn't have to much defending to do but had alot of the ball as rovers played out from the back.  Don't know about dunns replacement. He was there today and I saw waggott hovering around the car park.

Formation and line up was 

Fisher

Doyle.      Downing.    Grayson.   Evans

Buckley.        Davenport.    Travis.   Vale

Mols.      Candlin

Simmonds, Lyons and Butterworth came on second half.

Any idea why Waggott was there? Any sign of Mowbray? 

Dunn is an agent now i think so that could be why

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any idea why Waggott was there? Any sign of Mowbray? 

Dunn is an agent now i think so that could be why

No idea . Didn't see Tony.  Probably right. I spoke to Willem Tomlinson who has been out with a quad problem but he said he's back in contention for the next game

• Like 1

Looks like the game will be shown on LFCTV tomorrow at 5:45pm. Not sure if it’ll only be subscription or free. The commentator is trying to make it sound like Liverpool are well in this though!

Good first half. Like last season all over again.

HT 2-0 (Davenport, Evans)

Left before the end so missed the late excitement! Not sure why Nuttall didn’t take the penalty.

Probably a fair result in the end. 3–1 might have flattered us slightly.

Do Liverpool train their youngsters in the fine are of hounding the referee? Always in his ear and making him book happy. A red card was odd on in the second half.