BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

A fairly comfortable win tonight against a very weak Doncaster side.  Having gone three-up in no time the players started to ease up and drop the pace which allowed Doncaster to pull a goal back.  The second half followed a similar pattern with the Rovers over-elaborating at times and therefore missing opportunities to finish off Doncaster.  When we upped the pace again we got another two goals.

Brereton grabbed a couple of goals and missed a real sitter.  Personally, I thought he had a mixed night. Showed one or two neat touches but lost the ball on numerous occasions and was easily knocked off the ball.  Nuttall looked the sharper of the two - and he wasn't at his best tonight.  Danny Butterworth and Harry Chapman did well on the flanks and Davenport had a better game tonight.  He looks very much in the Corry Evans style - sitting in front of the defence, winning the ball and then moving it forward without ever really crossing the half-way line himself.  This was his best performance so far and showed a great deal of promise.

Tyler and Charley Doyle were very comfortable at the back and young Carter and Thompson did well at full-back.

Doncaster were very poor though - they looked to be a young side and certainly were well below the level shown by Everton over the past couple of weeks.  At the end of the day you can only beat what's in front of you and tonight we did that - with more care it could easily have reached double figures.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Don Said said:

John Buckley signs a new deal after well publicised interest from the 'big' clubs - good news

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/march/buckley-buoyed-by-new-deal/

That's great news! I have watches 4-5 games and he has probably the best overall. Seems to have a bit of everything you look for in a midfielder. Can drive forward with pace and go past people, passing is good but also have a very high workrate defensively. Not suprised to see him linked with larger clubs, so delighted to see him commit.

Expect him to be given his debut before the end of season. 

Yes, he has voiced his ambition to break into the first team and I think he should be given a chance. He’s still young at U23 level and already stands out. Some of our kids should begin having some training with the first team- train more with men to get closer to men’s football 

Edited by Tugay's Right Foot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Yes, he has voiced his ambition to break into the first team and I think he should be given a chance. He’s still young at U23 level and already stands out. Some of our kids should begin having some training with the first team- train more with men to get closer to men’s football 

I think it's been well reported that some of the U23's are training with the first team regularly. Magloire, Butterworth and Buckley has been mentioned by the LET. Mowbray has indicated he will blood some of them, esp if(when) our season falters.

Just saw an interview with Buckley. He's been at the club since he was 6(!), and also said he has been training regularly with the seniors

Edited by briansol

4 hours ago, briansol said:

I think it's been well reported that some of the U23's are training with the first team regularly. Magloire, Butterworth and Buckley has been mentioned by the LET. Mowbray has indicated he will blood some of them, esp if(when) our season falters.

Just saw an interview with Buckley. He's been at the club since he was 6(!), and also said he has been training regularly with the seniors

Yeah, he’s been here a Long time. Haven’t seen the interview me self. I stand corrected then. He just broke into the U23s this season and was with the U18s previously.