BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

5 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I watched the game at Doncaster last week and Brereton, although he scored a couple, didn't look anything special and at times was so easily knocked off the ball - and Doncaster were fielding a number of their Under-18's in that game.  For me, he needs to spend time with the Under-23's and needs to build his upper body strength if he is going to be competitive in the Championship.  We tend to forget that he is still very young and his game is still in its development stage and far from the finished article.

Shame Brereton wasn't chucked in the U-23 s right from signing (although questions would have been asked why a 7M players is playing with the U-23s!). Score a few goals ..confidence high and then throw him in for the remaining games of the season with (hopefully !) nothing to play for. Fans would have been eager to see this 7 M lad  and probably would have cut him a lot  more slack than he has got especially if he d chipped in with a few goals for the U-23s. Fans would have been a lot more patient im sure.

One or two tweets from WHU fans watching last night saying they couldn't handle Brereton ..question is can TM handle him ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If the lad can play football, it doesn't matter where he comes from. 

So long as that's the only reason he's signed and not because Balaji fancies doing him a favour.....

(Let's be honest, we've got form for it under Venky's). 

That’s exactly what’s happened. No intention whatsoever to sign him apparently.

This is what Balaji had to say...

“We, as supporters of sport, especially football, want to help young Indian talent. 

"Our Academy at Blackburn Rovers is one of the finest Category One Academies in the UK.

"This training stint will definitely help Aniket to develop technically as a player, which will in turn contribute to the improvement of his performances on the pitch. 

"We want to support young talented footballers in the best way possible to help improve the Indian national team’s performances and FIFA ranking on the world stage.”

Not really bothered either way. No skin of our noses, but no benefit for us either. It barely registers on the scale of silly Venky decisions. 

What is interesting though is how readily Balaji will pass comment on this, considering they have all been mercifully silent on all things Rovers over the last few years. Appears he cares more about this little vanity project than the mess he has made of our club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That’s exactly what’s happened. No intention whatsoever to sign him apparently.

This is what Balaji had to say...

“We, as supporters of sport, especially football, want to help young Indian talent. 

"Our Academy at Blackburn Rovers is one of the finest Category One Academies in the UK.

"This training stint will definitely help Aniket to develop technically as a player, which will in turn contribute to the improvement of his performances on the pitch. 

"We want to support young talented footballers in the best way possible to help improve the Indian national team’s performances and FIFA ranking on the world stage.”

Not really bothered either way. No skin of our noses, but no benefit for us either. It barely registers on the scale of silly Venky decisions. 

What is interesting though is how readily Balaji will pass comment on this, considering they have all been mercifully silent on all things Rovers over the last few years. Appears he cares more about this little vanity project than the mess he has made of our club.

Indeed. More from the horses mouth on this relatively minor issue than we've had from all the owners combined in about 5 years.

Clearly the whole thing has been orchestrated in India, presumably this is Balaji showing off as the Owner of Blackburn Rovers to influential people in India. I notice the rather lame attempt to photoshop a Venkys badge onto the lad's T-Shirt.

I've no strong opinion on the matter. If it helps build relations with India and the owners or help's bring through a line of young players then fine. I just think it is odd that he's suddenly taking such pride in being our Owner that he's arranging stuff like this when there has been radio silence for years despite clamours for information.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Indeed. More from the horses mouth on this relatively minor issue than we've had from all the owners combined in about 5 years.

Clearly the whole thing has been orchestrated in India, presumably this is Balaji showing off as the Owner of Blackburn Rovers to influential people in India. I notice the rather lame attempt to photoshop a Venkys badge onto the lad's T-Shirt.

I've no strong opinion on the matter. If it helps build relations with India and the owners or help's bring through a line of young players then fine. I just think it is odd that he's suddenly taking such pride in being our Owner that he's arranging stuff like this when there has been radio silence for years despite clamours for information.

I hope it's a photoshop and not our new training kit ?

Ya, total PR stuff on their end over there. 

Kind of crazy that this is the most we have heard from him in years

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I thought that was the most interesting thing about it too. I wouldn't interpret it how you have though. I think they essentially formed or were advised of a policy to shut their fool mouths up about us. Initially they were blabbing all the time and causing embarassment on this side of the world. Now they only release carefully worded, heavily vetted statements when talking about us. You said it yourself, mercifully silent. We can't have it both ways!

It's clearly a general policy and doesn't mean they do or don't care about us. In this case the press worthy part of the story is over in India really. The PR impact here is negligible. He will also have been interviewed or giving a statement in his first language to his own press and felt more comfortable.

We had this happen before once didn't we? A young Indian player coming for training? I know cricket is their national sport but I've always been amazed they've never churned out a good player, one you could name, given their huge population. You can say similar for China, although I think of them as a bit better. China is pretty football mad though now so that may come in time. Between the two you're talking what, a third of the world's population maybe? Nearby nations like Japan and South Korea have done fine.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/march/05-march/highlights-west-ham-united-u23s-1-3-blackburn-rovers-u23s

Highlights of the U23's

Good to see Harry running down the wing and BB showing some composure to score. Nuttall looks good at that level. 

Just to put it into perspective, watch Breretons goal from a West Ham point of view. Nuttall gets the ball as the lone striker and they all just stand 5 yards off him and don't go near him.

Rovers 2-0 down against Brighton.

Chapman started and looks good without being spectacular.

Smallwood, Reed and Brereton watching the game from Mowbray’s usual perch.

They’ve just gone back inside. Just heard a shout of “and he’s put it wide!”. Sounds like Brereton must have nipped to the toilet.

Very cold, wet nIght. Good comeback and a really excellent finish from Chapman.  He was matched for pace by the full back so wasn't hugely effective overall. Buckley and Butterworth were confident and Davenport tidy. Don't know who our left back was but he really impressed me. 

19 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Very cold, wet nIght. Good comeback and a really excellent finish from Chapman.  He was matched for pace by the full back so wasn't hugely effective overall. Buckley and Butterworth were confident and Davenport tidy. Don't know who our left back was but he really impressed me. 

Hayden Carter

• Like 1

Cracking game at Leyland tonight between two sides playing very attractive, attacking football.  The lads did exceptionally well to pull back from two goals down to gain a valuable point in the relegation battle.  Brighton looked the better side in the first half but in the second half we got on top with some excellent attacking football with both Joe Rankin-Costello and Lewis Thompson doing some excellent work as attacking full-backs - plenty of dangerous crosses delivered some delightful link-up play with Danny Butterworth and Stefan Mols.  

Buckley was again impressive in midfield and looks a fine prospect for the future.

Three games left and still all to play for with West Ham picking up three points tonight - still three points behind us but with a game in hand and a better goal difference.  It's going to be a tight finish at the bottom but, hopefully, we can get the points to keep us out of the bottom two - the away game at Tottenham is now looking likely to be huge as we are both locked on the same number of points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Cracking game at Leyland tonight between two sides playing very attractive, attacking football.  The lads did exceptionally well to pull back from two goals down to gain a valuable point in the relegation battle.  Brighton looked the better side in the first half but in the second half we got on top with some excellent attacking football with both Joe Rankin-Costello and Lewis Thompson doing some excellent work as attacking full-backs - plenty of dangerous crosses delivered some delightful link-up play with Danny Butterworth and Stefan Mols.  

Buckley was again impressive in midfield and looks a fine prospect for the future.

Three games left and still all to play for with West Ham picking up three points tonight - still three points behind us but with a game in hand and a better goal difference.  It's going to be a tight finish at the bottom but, hopefully, we can get the points to keep us out of the bottom two - the away game at Tottenham is now looking likely to be huge as we are both locked on the same number of points.

On Buckley... What's his contract situation now? Is it still looking likely he'll leave? 

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Thanks for report.

Can you tell us the formation and where everyone was playing?

Who do you think will get a first team game before the end of the season?

7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Watched a bit, he looked quite good. 

Yeah Lyons was decent.

Probably had the best touch of any player on that pitch but his decision making wasn't the best in the final third.

Two moments summed his performance up - two very clever pieces of skill/strength beyond his experience to beat one or two men, then when he lifted his head up to play the killer ball he once underhit and once overhit it due to trying to be a bit too cute.

That's me being critical though. He got stuck in, never shirked a challenge, looked to drive forward when he had the ball and always looked to get the ball when he didn't have it.

He looks tall, well built and strong which seems rare for a young attacking mid these days, something that would probably be a bonus in the Championship. He's very raw but good early signs. A natural talent, physically capable with a seemingly good attitude that could 'make it' with hard work and a good coaching team.

• Like 3

• Backroom
10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Looks like Lewis Hardcastle will be off to a conference team. Any thoughts on that, from those who have seen him far more than I have? I remember him being highly rated once.

No shame in that, Raya’s last loan was at Southport.