BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Disappointing to see Hardcastle leave on a perm. Definitely has the ability to make it far above national League 

I don't think the LT have it? Unless it's buried in one of the articles I haven't read yet. Here's the official site: https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/march/lewis-leaves-rovers-for-barrow/

Good luck to him. Doesn't sound like he is going to fulfil his promise, but that's down to him now.

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Disappointing to see Hardcastle leave on a perm. Definitely has the ability to make it far above national League 

He’s 20/21 without a game? 

His best spelll of continuous football was Salford in the conference north or counties league.

Talent or no talent he couldn’t get a run at port vale and the lad needs to get on with his career. Hope he does well but a good tough decision by both club and player.

• Like 1

I think it is best to indroduce players slowly. We can’t field too much inexperience all at once as some of the regulars are also young. They have all signed new contracts but I think the message is/should be that there are places in the squad to be had but work hard keep doing what your doing and your chance will come. 

2 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

I think it is best to indroduce players slowly. We can’t field too much inexperience all at once as some of the regulars are also young. They have all signed new contracts but I think the message is/should be that there are places in the squad to be had but work hard keep doing what your doing and your chance will come. 

They did well with there chance they deserve to continue when they are outshining our current crop

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

They did well with there chance they deserve to continue when they are outshining our current crop

This isn’t how Mowbray operates, and it’s a huge black mark against him. He doesn’t blood youngsters, he uses them when he has to.

Nuttall - brought in when Samuel was injured. Dropped again, to his detriment, as soon as Samuel was fit again. Only back in the frame because Samuel has been out long term. Fully expect him to be loaned out once Samuel is back fit.

Travis - covered for the preferred combination of Smallwood and Evans when they were injured. Did well and is clinging on to his place.

Magloire - brought in when absolutely desperate due to loss of all of the centre backs. Came in, did well and now dropped from the squad for dead rubber games.

Butterworth and Buckley - now catching the eye but won’t be seen again until we are desperate once more.

Nyambe and Raya were already in the team and have no cover - ironically both need upgrading.

This also ignores Rothwell, Armstrong, Reed and the barely mentionable Brereton being played out of position to accommodate the players that Mowbray ‘trusts’ - chiefly Mulgrew, Dack and Graham (do they choose the team in these days of senior player decision-making?)

We neither recruit to improve the first team starters, nor do we promote from the youth ranks. We have loyalty to the soldiers that got us promoted and a sprinkling of artists who are expected to make a difference being played out wide and out of position.

If we are safe, let’s have a look at more of the youngsters. It’s like deja vu - I remember saying the exact same thing when Bowyer was here.

Just now, Rogerb said:

Not sure Villa away is right for blooding any youngsters. Home games would be more preferable in my view. However nothing to be lost with having one or two travel with the squad to start with

Not sure a qualifier away in Montenegro is either but...

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Not sure a qualifier away in Montenegro is either but...

Depends how much you rate Montenegro reckon Villa would do ok and we are not Fifth best international team but it's a fair point . How much belief the manager has in the youngsters is the question Southgate clearly has belief but these are youngsters who have won a World Cup in their peer group

Just now, Rogerb said:

Depends how much you rate Montenegro reckon Villa would do ok and we are not Fifth best international team but it's a fair point . How much belief the manager has in the youngsters is the question Southgate clearly has belief but these are youngsters who have won a World Cup in their peer group

Euro qualifier in a hostile country for under 20s youngsters getting their debuts, with the world watching. England expecting.

A dead rubber end of season match with nothing to play for and not even covered on red button. Nobody expecting anything.

If not now, then when?

Just now, Stuart said:

If not now, then when?

Home game next week v Stoke? The only interest left in this season is the possibility of seeing some of our youngsters get a game. If this hasn't happened by Swansea match it's regrettable

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Euro qualifier in a hostile country for under 20s youngsters getting their debuts, with the world watching. England expecting.

A dead rubber end of season match with nothing to play for and not even covered on red button. Nobody expecting anything.

If not now, then when?

Everyone on here is expecting a complete hammering. How would putting the youngsters into such a one-sided affair assist in their development? However, I can see an argument for saying to our senior defenders “You have 8 games to convince me you are the one I don’t need to replace.”

Not that I think he’s said that.

• Like 1

Just now, Rogerb said:

Home game next week v Stoke? The only interest left in this season is the possibility of seeing some of our youngsters get a game. If this hasn't happened by Swansea match it's regrettable

‘Regrettable’? Calm down Roger! :lol:

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Everyone on here is expecting a complete hammering. How would putting the youngsters into such a one-sided affair assist in their development? However, I can see an argument for saying to our senior defenders “You have 8 games to convince me you are the one I don’t need to replace.”

Conway, Bennett, Graham, and sun-tanned-Dack have started today. You seriously think we couldn’t have played two youngester instead of two of them? Rothwell for Dack, Brereton for Graham? Chapman for Conway? Butterworth (or even Rodwell) for Bennett?

The defence virtually picks itself if Lenihan is fit but we have options elsewhere. Dack could have had an extra week in Dubai. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

They've had 38 games to prove there worth. Each one has failed to prove that bar Nyambe (potentially Bell attacking wise) I'm not buying that 8 games to prove there worth rubbish

• Moderation Lead

It’s hardly a meritocracy at the minute and that’s what’s doing my head in.

How shit do the senior players have to be before they’re sacked off for the kids?

The senior players can’t really get much worse than they are at the minute....

• Like 2

Had a look to see how Fisher is doing on loan at FC United. Seems to have played every game. Shipped 10 goals in his last 3 though. FC United could just be bobbins?

Would have thought he'd be loaned higher up the ladder really...he's 21 now, wasn't Raya loaned a league higher at 17?

Edited by bluebruce

Still no news on the Lancashire Senior Cup Final vs the dingles. The mystery of the disappearing game. All over the internet until Rovers draw Burnley and then it all disappears and there's no trace of it online nor details on when/if/where the game will be played.

Almost as though they want to pretend it isn't happening and don't want people to know about it.....

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Still no news on the Lancashire Senior Cup Final vs the dingles. The mystery of the disappearing game. All over the internet until Rovers draw Burnley and then it all disappears and there's no trace of it online nor details on when/if/where the game will be played.

Almost as though they want to pretend it isn't happening and don't want people to know about it.....

I feel like I remember seeing it was likely to be played behind closed doors and has been before when we've met? Not sure though.

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The Final, since the Competition was reintroduced, has always been played as a pre-season game.  Talking to folk at Leyland the other week they said it was planned for August. 

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Had a look to see how Fisher is doing on loan at FC United. Seems to have played every game. Shipped 10 goals in his last 3 though. FC United could just be bobbins?

Would have thought he'd be loaned higher up the ladder really...he's 21 now, wasn't Raya loaned a league higher at 17?

Fisher has apparently gone for experience. Being non league he can be recalled instantly should we get an injury or suspension. I think the Telegraph reported that there was league interest but he would have to stay for the season. FC look poor but Roverschat article states he is doing well, despite the goals. 

• Like 1