BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

10 hours ago, philipl said:

Scanning the LT, my take is that we have secured the Greek youngster provided the medical and paperwork haven't thrown up problems.

Yes Mols has gone to the third level in Spain but CF Intercity are a two year old club with money behind them who are flying through the leagues with annual promotions

Aleesami sounds highly probable.

Mulgrew to Fleetwood is still a big ?

No current sign of bids coming in for any other Rovers players

It's more the 4th tier isn't it? Although described as the third tier, if you get promoted you go to Segunda Division B, and you need to get promoted from that to reach Segunda Division, then from that to reach La Liga. That's what I gathered from my quick check. LT described it as 4th tier too.

16 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It's more the 4th tier isn't it? Although described as the third tier, if you get promoted you go to Segunda Division B, and you need to get promoted from that to reach Segunda Division, then from that to reach La Liga. That's what I gathered from my quick check. LT described it as 4th tier too.

Sharpe originally had it as 3rd tier.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Noticed some talk about Willem Tomlinson a few pages back on this thread.

He’s turning out for Padiham tonight against Squires Gate. 

Strange one Tomlinson, has he had some problems in the past?

My only two memories of him are scoring a long ranger In a pre season friendly, and coming on at Peteborough away and playing really well.

10 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

My only two memories of him are scoring a long ranger In a pre season friendly, and coming on at Peteborough away and playing really well.

Got into some strife while playing for Mansfield and was sacked. 

11 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Didn't he come on as a sub at Ewood and play well? Why do I think that game was v Man Utd? Was it a cup or a friendly?

Got it!  19/02/2017  FA Cup 5th round Rovers 1 Man Utd 2. Tomlinson played.

Edited by bazza

On 06/10/2020 at 00:21, bluebruce said:

He mentioned going to school with JohnGo in the podcast? ;)

I see the U23s and some senior players (Gally, Mulgrew) drew 2-2 with Huddersfield B in a friendly. I thought it was interesting from the article that Gally, even stepping down a level, was played on the right of a front three with Burns leading the line instead. It looks worryingly like this really is still TM's plan for Gallagher. Hope the new system suits it a bit better but I'm not expecting much.

Really? That's moronic.

He should be the backup #9.

• Like 3

On 07/10/2020 at 21:01, philipl said:

England Under 21s achieved a creditable 3-3 draw this evening

away to the might of the

Andorra Under 21s

Huge problem in my opinion with the England national youth set up. There’s this self-inflicting policy of “keeping the group together” whereby talents (especially in the EFL) who are progressing through don’t get chances to shine in the U19’s or the U21’s. We end up with a 21’s team full of Arsenal players.

The likes of Jude Bellingham have to wait for big money moves before they’re even considered, and people like Tyrhys Dolan can’t get a sniff for the Under 19’s, who boasted a team with about three first team apps between them. He’d have been the best player on the pitch.

53 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Huge problem in my opinion with the England national youth set up. There’s this self-inflicting policy of “keeping the group together” whereby talents (especially in the EFL) who are progressing through don’t get chances to shine in the U19’s or the U21’s. We end up with a 21’s team full of Arsenal players.

The likes of Jude Bellingham have to wait for big money moves before they’re even considered, and people like Tyrhys Dolan can’t get a sniff for the Under 19’s, who boasted a team with about three first team apps between them. He’d have been the best player on the pitch.

Isn't Tyrhys Northern Irish?

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

England have won both the Under 20 and Under 17 World Cups in the last three years ; I think other countries would love a "huge problem" like that.

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

England have won both the Under 20 and Under 17 World Cups in the last three years ; I think other countries would love a "huge problem" like that.

We seem to have a problem in pushing on from those successes. Young players thinking they've already got it made ? We definitely don't seem to mature mentally like some foreign teams do.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We seem to have a problem in pushing on from those successes. Young players thinking they've already got it made ? We definitely don't seem to mature mentally like some foreign teams do.

Given how recent those successes were it's still a bit early to conclude but we've already seen the likes of Sancho and Calvert-Lewin progress.

On the point above about Dolan he's played just a small number of league games. To have been selected already would have been a reflection of his reputation at Under 18 level which given that Preston let him go and no Premier League clubs picked him up was probably not that high. Let's give it a few more months before we say it's all wrong that he's not getting England recognition.

21 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Just wait and see, things stalling big time at youth levels because of poor handling in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

On the point above about Dolan he's played just a small number of league games

Take a look at the amount of experience in the U19's squad, and some of the names, and tell me Dolan wouldn't have been the best player in the team with a serious face.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Just wait and see, things stalling big time at youth levels because of poor handling in my opinion.

The fact that we had five young players missing from last nights game because they can't or won't follow simple guidelines speaks volumes for their levels of maturity."  Do I want to play for England or go do I want to go to a birthday party ? Err , phone for a taxi the champagne's on me. " 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The fact that we had five young players missing from last nights game because they can't or won't follow simple guidelines speaks volumes for their levels of maturity."  Do I want to play for England or go do I want to go to a birthday party ? Err , phone for a taxi the champagne's on me. " 

Very true, and this comes down to getting youth development right. We're developing people, not just footballers, and these idiots should be weeded out at 16's-18's level.

44 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Take a look at the amount of experience in the U19's squad, and some of the names, and tell me Dolan wouldn't have been the best player in the team with a serious face.

I've pointed out that Dolan has only made a real mark in the last few weeks so those picking the team will not have had time to form a view. Let's just wait and see.

39 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Young men do make mistakes - nobody should be written off in their early 20's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Young men do make mistakes - nobody should be written off in their early 20's.

It should be stamped out between the ages of 16 to 20. Youth development is about developing young men with the class and respect that we saw from Dominic Calvert-Lewin, and those who can't act responsibly and represent their county properly should be weeded out for me.