BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

That does come across as very bitter.

Not bitter at all Stuart. The Russian owner has spent well and covered the wages of a very good goalkeeper to give his team a solid base. Personally, I've found the staff I've come into contact with at Bournemouth excellent and they fully deserve their promotion. It's a very homely club and of all the clubs chasing promotion they are the one you would be wanting to go up. If you've been to Dean Court - I think it has a sponsors name now - you would know what I mean. It's in a very nice setting and is a very tidy little ground, but it would take a huge amount of work to increase its capacity to meet the likely demands of Premier League football. But as I said earlier, good luck to them - a thoroughly deserved promotion to a club that has done fantastically well over the past five or six years.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bitter at all Stuart. The Russian owner has spent well and covered the wages of a very good goalkeeper to give his team a solid base. Personally, I've found the staff I've come into contact with at Bournemouth excellent and they fully deserve their promotion. It's a very homely club and of all the clubs chasing promotion they are the one you would be wanting to go up. If you've been to Dean Court - I think it has a sponsors name now - you would know what I mean. It's in a very nice setting and is a very tidy little ground, but it would take a huge amount of work to increase its capacity to meet the likely demands of Premier League football. But as I said earlier, good luck to them - a thoroughly deserved promotion to a club that has done fantastically well over the past five or six years.

Well Parsonblue your first couple of sentences crack me up about the goal keeper, don't/didn't we have a very good goal keeper in Paul Robinson, oh wait forgot not one of Bowyers team buddies so no chance of playing. He's been fit for ages by the way.

Well Parsonblue your first couple of sentences crack me up about the goal keeper, don't/didn't we have a very good goal keeper in Paul Robinson, oh wait forgot not one of Bowyers team buddies so no chance of playing. He's been fit for ages by the way.

It depends on your view of Robbo and what went on. Personally, I've not been convinced about him for a season or two. Too often beaten on his near post and on crosses for me. I would agree that Steele and Eastwood are much of a muchness but Raya is a tremendous prospect.

goalie , homely club ,didn't need to chase promotion, no work for ground capacity and done well for twenty years ish....ALL US PRE SLUMDOGS :(

It depends on your view of Robbo and what went on. Personally, I've not been convinced about him for a season or two. Too often beaten on his near post and on crosses for me. I would agree that Steele and Eastwood are much of a muchness but Raya is a tremendous prospect.

"WHAT WENT ON "

do enlighten us.

• Moderation Lead

Just reinforces my belief that our squad (all of 'em) is nowhere near as good as some folk make out.

Our side, with Howe in charge- do you think they'd have finished 9th? Bournemouth are well-drilled, better trained and fitter than our side, down to the boss, executed by the players.

I could only name about 3 Bournemouth players, and one of those is Marc Pugh because he's from Bacup and my mate went to school with him!!

They sold their star player from last season at the start of this to Norwich, to say they weren't amongst the favourites for promotion is an understatement.

Congrats to Bournemouth and all that, but on another note how bad were Bolton !!!

Whether they had nothing to play for or not, they were absolutely shocking live on national TV. They look further away from being promotion contenders than we do and that's saying something.

Our side, with Howe in charge- do you think they'd have finished 9th? Bournemouth are well-drilled, better trained and fitter than our side, down to the boss, executed by the players.

If it's all down to Howe, how come Burnley finished 8th, then 13th under him?

Where are these top quality players that people keep saying we have? We can only watch them and form our own opinions.

• Moderation Lead

If it's all down to Howe, how come Burnley finished 8th, then 13th under him?

Where are these top quality players that people keep saying we have? We can only watch them and form our own opinions.

Because he's got a better squad at Bournemouth than he had then, plus he never seemed to settle properly 'up North'.

A better manager would get more out of them regularly- i.e. the consistently inconsistent Marshall would add that to his game, as would the other players guilty of the same.

Imagine if our style of football was like Bournemouth's...Attacking, fearless football where we actually DO 'give it a right good go'.

We certainly wouldn't have finished 8th and 9th under Howe, of that I'm certain.

Chill out Chris Taylor, don't think he said he knew did he?

1. I didn't get a response from my footie challenge to you and your 5 a side team....£100 bet, winner takes all. I'd be happy to double it to make it interesting. then we would see who can play football my son.

2. Parson can speak for himself....he alluded to something, so he should either shut up and leave Robbo (a model pro and a england international) alone or come out with his "goings-on"

• Moderation Lead

1. I didn't get a response from my footie challenge to you and your 5 a side team....£100 bet, winner takes all. I'd be happy to double it to make it interesting. then we would see who can play football my son.

2. Parson can speak for himself....he alluded to something, so he should either shut up and leave Robbo (a model pro and a england international) alone or come out with his "goings-on"

1-It was you who said you were better than a current professional Andy, not me. I don't play competitively any more, just for a knockabout (knee injury), and besides, why would I risk losing £100 or more against someone who claims to have been better than a current pro, ;) I'll save face thanks. :tu:

2-He can, but not without getting bombarded by you and other posters.

1-It was you who said you were better than a current professional Andy, not me. I don't play competitively any more, just for a knockabout (knee injury), and besides, why would I risk losing £100 or more against someone who claims to have been better than a current pro, ;) I'll save face thanks. :tu:

2-He can, but not without getting bombarded by you and other posters.

To be honest K-Hod I've stopped bothering with certain posters - Andyblue being a prime example. Discussion tends to result in insults so what's the point?

Because he's got a better squad at Bournemouth than he had then, plus he never seemed to settle properly 'up North'.

Well there you go. He was more successful at Bournemouth than he was at Burnley - because they were better players.

Btw, if someone on here had suggested that we replaced Bowyer with the Howe that was at Burnley, they'd have been shouted down by Bowyers defenders. What does that tell us............?

• Moderation Lead

Howe laid the foundations at Bournemouth ages ago, and was there a lot longer than he was at Burnley for. He just picked up where he left off when he returned.

It's easy to be wise about Howe now though-he hadn't achieved anything when he was at Burnley, now though his stock is very high.

COME ON THEN PARSON, WHAT WENT ON WITH ROBBO AND YOUR MATE BOWYER....?

Listen "Mouth", have a look at what warfarin does to your body....

Then check out Robbo's reported salary and contract end date.

Then check out Robbos performances- most recently his ridiculous handling at Bloomfield road that nearly cost us the game.

Factor in that we could never have kept him anyway and you've got the story of what happened. Yes, factors like "we are paying him, we should play him" but that falls down on your opinion of what his current ability is.

Like I said, in my opinion his performances never returned after NEARLY DIEING and that's just part of the way football works- we replaced him adequately IMO and for hardly a penny!

So good it's taken 3 to 'try' to replace him (Kean, Steele, Eastwood).............and they haven't covered themselves in any glory

Now we have 4 (Raya) and Bowyer, in true Gary Fuddle Brain styleee, doesn't have a scooby do who's his number 1

Archived