BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

Can't fault the prices ,

Had they been £500 I would of renewed , equally I will renew this time time , I'm sure others like me feel this way .

At the same time though I respect had they been £50 it wouldn't of tempted others to either renew or return .

The product at present is very poor, the club is a shadow of itself under Venky's and regardless of what the ticket price is , for many , all is certainly not forgiven and they will continue to vote with their feet .

The owners don't care one jot about what the supporters think , whilst that is the case , the crowds will continue on the steep decline .

A number of times this season I've had a spare ticket and I've not been able to give it away

and why commercial income is falling through the floor. Businesses do not want to take boxes / corporate facilities because the proposition is not attractive to their clients / customers, You end up using employees / family members to fill the box.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and why commercial income is falling through the floor. Businesses do not want to take boxes / corporate facilities because the proposition is not attractive to their clients / customers, You end up using employees / family members to fill the box.

Exactly. The product is crap. Associating your company brand with stupidity and failure, at large expense, simply to bore any visitor rigid doesn't cut it for most. Football traditionally has been very poor at corporate hospitality. Expensive with poor return on investement.

I would purchase a season ticket in a heartbeat if they dumped this so called manager and brought a proper manager in

maybe, but by that statement you appear to be the type who would chuck it over the wall and stamp your feet the minute the new 'proper' manager lost 2 or 3 games on the spin.

Alan Sugar? Hardly, it was pretty basic stuff. Common sense really. If you had read my original post properly you would see that I said the individual price was fine by me. I was just making the point that anyone with a family may view the pricing differently and balance it against all other entertainment factors available with that disposable family income. Its dull and cold on the Rovers with little atmosphere. I know that doesn't fit your 'please keep Bowyer at any cost agenda' but its truthful. Its been painful watching the Rovers under Bowyer. Painfully boring as is the way with constant underachievement.

Re: your other point. I refrained from pulling thenodrog up on his silliness regrading Ince. I could have responded to his comments and educated, but only in a similar childish vein. I chose not to in light of recent comments in Ask Admin and chris_h's post about us all avoiding petty squabbles. You quoting him like he said something ground-breaking is a tad foolish in light of that.

I appreciate being made to look silly with the 'football isn't like a tin of beans' comment wouldnt cheer you up. Good to reflect sometimes though. Apologies if it upset you. I wont use it as my signature, although it is worthy.

there's that patronising tone again. Or is it condescending? I'm not sure but you do it very well.

I wasn't upset. No Bowyer agenda here, couldn't care less if he goes or stays as long as someone better is brought in, but this isn't a Bowyer thread so you obviously didn't take on board that much of what Chris_h said in the thread he started.

Can't fault the prices ,

Had they been £500 I would of renewed , equally I will renew this time time , I'm sure others like me feel this way .

At the same time though I respect had they been £50 it wouldn't of tempted others to either renew or return .

The product at present is very poor, the club is a shadow of itself under Venky's and regardless of what the ticket price is , for many , all is certainly not forgiven and they will continue to vote with their feet .

The owners don't care one jot about what the supporters think , whilst that is the case , the crowds will continue on the steep decline .

A number of times this season I've had a spare ticket and I've not been able to give it away

The bit in bold. I know what you mean but think it would have had some effect. Tickets would have flown off the shelves. That would be too good value over 24 games to not take it up.

However, without any change on the field in terms of quality attendance would still slip. People would easily dismiss something they had only paid a couple of quid for. The upside for the club would be that they could report 20k "gates" while looking at swathes of empty seats. Maybe it's time to paint faces on the bottom of the seats!

The problem is that it's self-fulfilling that the product becomes completely devalued and there is no way to put the price up in the future. It's getting like the music industry, in reverse, CDs are now pretty cheap but the price model has changed so to go and watch a live concert is extremely pricey. Football needs to start giving away match tickets but start to generate revenue in other ways. Perhaps more like free websites with ads generating revenue.

What about making a personal choice?

If you get very little enjoyment from going at the moment then why continue?

I know many that feel that way, this season in the league has brought very little enjoyment for me at home games.

Absolutely loved the Stoke game due to it being my boys first game but the season itself has been painful to get through

You have a point of sorts but have you ever heard the term 'use it or lose it' Tom? Your lad wouldn't have a club to go to when he's older if more and more people abandon it. BRFC is a business not a sacred cow.

btw I loved the Stoke game full stop.

"It's the hope that kills you" is an often used expression by football followers.

It is my hope, but not a truly held expectation, because of "recent form" & lack of detailed communication from the Venky spin machine that this is just an hors d'oeuvres.

It is my further hope that the Club could just have finally recognised the continuing, questioning, drift away of the blind and loyal support of many fans and in signing up Raya for the future and freezing ST prices have implemented two very important and acceptable strategic decisions

BUT unless these are married up with a significant open explanation about the last four years and an announcement of long term strategy that carries and enthuses the supporters with it they will be seen as mere gestures designed to condition people into hoping but not expecting progression on and off the field.

Now is the time for the owners to grasp the nettle and serve up the main course.

Until the Club is refashioned into a single spirit philosophy that all the stakeholders can buy in to the disparate forces will continue to militate against any prospect of unity of purpose.

there's that patronising tone again. Or is it condescending? I'm not sure but you do it very well.

I wasn't upset. No Bowyer agenda here, couldn't care less if he goes or stays as long as someone better is brought in, but this isn't a Bowyer thread so you obviously didn't take on board that much of what Chris_h said in the thread he started.

Your making me chuckle. Patronising? No -one else levies that at me. Are you sure your not just being a tad precious?

You are of course correct however. It isn't a GB thread so mentioning him twice above in your short post is simply not on.

Moving on...Season Tickets?

Once again you harp on about people not wanting to go because it's championship not premiership.i go to watch clitheroe when rovers aren't in town, and it's pretty poor skills wise but the team and the manager give everything most times I've seen them. I don't see that at rovers. I see a dire 95 mins most weeks and at any price that's difficult to take. I'd happily continue to watch rovers in the championship for years if finances didn't mean we need promotion ASAP and if what I am offered were watchable and wholehearted instead of insipid rubbish.

You need to watch both teams. The Championship teams are very similar in quality and frequently cancel each other out unlike the Prem where the top 6 are way in front in squad quality. tbh I prefer the unpredictability and competition of this Div by far to the Prem procession.

Can't fault the prices ,

Some supporters talk their club up, others talk it down. Blackburn is full of the latter.

Sorry blueboy but I was a season ticket holder for years including the two years we were in the first division, I sat through dross week after week but then we had an owner who cared and later in the season we got a man called souness who I could believe in now we have none of those things

You believe we should get another manager who doesn't accept that his salary is adequate reward then?

The year Souness left we were on our way down. Hughes came to the rescue but it was a close run thing.

Has it been confirmed if there is a free/cheap season ticket for season ticket holders if we get promoted next season? I'm pretty sure this was offered as an incentive over the last couple of seasons.

For anybody who thinks season tickets are too cheap the answer is simple to me. Buy two or offer to pay more for the current one. Problem solved.

Or kill two birds with one stone and sit in the JW Upper. Plenty of room and the view is unparralleled.

Alan Myers has been off work for a long while due to ill health

It was mentioned a while ago was that, he's been back for a while though and let's be honest before and after his absence, there hasn't been any communications and the tea party hasn't come to fruition. However if it is down to his ill health then no argument with that whatsoever.

• Backroom

You have a point of sorts but have you ever heard the term 'use it or lose it' Tom? Your lad wouldn't have a club to go to when he's older if more and more people abandon it. BRFC is a business not a sacred cow.

btw I loved the Stoke game full stop.

And of course you have a point and for all my words on the matter it's the reason im even entertaining the idea of getting one next season.

The Stoke game was a breath of fresh air football wise I felt there was a totally different approach in that we were brave and just went for it- hope we can find someone with Kings pace next season

I'll be renewing.

Hasn't been a great year, but hasn't been a complete disaster. We have a young team that is developing and will continue to develop.

If Bournemouth can do it, we can. To a lesser extent, we've got to fancy being able to match Brentford's season.

The close season is a chance for everyone to dream and hope for something magical, it happens every now and then.

If you can renew, you should renew. Be a part of the recovery.

Exactly. The product is crap. Associating your company brand with stupidity and failure, at large expense, simply to bore any visitor rigid doesn't cut it for most. Football traditionally has been very poor at corporate hospitality. Expensive with poor return on investement.

I hate corporate... anywhere.

Sorry but I can't really applaud them for that, they had not got much choice.

They had 3 choices.

Ever heard the saying "You get what you pay for" SG?

Just as an aside has anyone considered that we are under a transfer embargo until we narrow the gap between income and outgoings. We are set to lose some big earners for sure but I hardly think a price freeze on the ST's is going to help the overall situation much. Just a thought. :rock:

I trust you will be stumping up considerably more to venkys then to help the FFP out then and to pay a fair price . Or just pay the price required and carry on chunnering

Glad to see prices have been frozen. The club really did have no choice with the let down of this year. I see the promotion discount has gone too. If that's not an indication they don't believe in Bowyer to take us up, I don't know what is!

Glad to see prices have been frozen. The club really did have no choice with the let down of this year. I see the promotion discount has gone too. If that's not an indication they don't believe in Bowyer to take us up, I don't know what is!

That ship has sailed. If the club had put a promotion offer on, or marketed it as such, they would rightly have got pelters.

That said, if promotion isn't the target every season then why are we bothering? And, more to the point, why are Venkys?

Good effort by the club although as a lot have said they really didn't have much choice if they didn't want a further huge erosion in support. Can't fault those prices and it's worth it even if you end up picking and choosing a bit so I'd implore anyone wavering to get back on it and stay with it. Good times and bad, that includes frustrating and boring ones as well. That's football and it's what other clubs fans do.

On another note it's nice to see them announcing it early this season and it seems they may get them on sale early this time instead of being the only club in the entire land to not have them on sale for a period during summer like the last 2 seasons. I wonder why this is ..........................

The Club had no choice. How the hell it took so long to announce is beyond me.

This season has been dross with rare positive moments. Unfortunately I expect ST sales to nose dive. I am a lifetime fan but watching that every week or so with muppet features on the touch line is challenging.

PS.......The Dutchess of Cambridge has just had another sprog.

The Club had no choice. How the hell it took so long to announce is beyond me.

This season has been dross with rare positive moments. Unfortunately I expect ST sales to nose dive. I am a lifetime fan but watching that every week or so with muppet features on the touch line is challenging.

PS.......The Dutchess of Cambridge has just had another sprog.

Will they be in the Family Stand next season then? That'll bring a few more in.

Archived