BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Radio rovers

• Moderation Lead

It's hardly the shock of the century that the club's own in house radio will be positive. I can't help but think it's a waste of money anyway these days.

Propaganda from top to bottom. DJ Parson and MC Chaddington rockin the show ont radio

Captain original over here.
  • Like 1

It was a great initiative in 1993, all part of the forward thinking of the club at that time. However, now it just seems so tired, no features, dreadful 'playlist' of music (who wants to listen to music on an AM frequency anyway?), presenters going through the motions, hardly any callers.

If it is to stay, put it on at say 2pm, straight hour of Rovers chat, no music.

Same could be said about 'Rovers TV', I remember in the Hughes era, an interview with him would be held straight after the game (we'd usually just won), shown on the screen and the TVs in the concourse, there would be hundreds of people watching it, 'Hughesy, Hughesy' we'd sing and off we would bound up Livesey Branch Road.

Sniff :unsure:

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Backroom

Personally, I'd scrap Rovers Radio and TV aside from an hour either side of the games. Don't bother with music, just chat with a relevant guest (maybe do guest commentary).

We need to start showing more recent great goals than just constantly having the good times rubbed in our faces imo. Try and get some positive feeling about those playing for us NOW.

Personally, I'd scrap Rovers Radio and TV aside from an hour either side of the games. Don't bother with music, just chat with a relevant guest (maybe do guest commentary).

We need to start showing more recent great goals than just constantly having the good times rubbed in our faces imo. Try and get some positive feeling about those playing for us NOW.

Have you seen the goal of the season "contenders" over the last couple of seasons? Great they ain't.

I agree with he sentiment though we need to get some kind of feelgood around the current Rovers because showing us the recent history adds to the misery at the current situation and what was thrown away.

In all honesty though, I think that a change of manager to someone with charisma and:or pedigree, as well as ability, is what is required. I don't see how Bowyer is going to become that person. Failing that we need a spark on the pitch that can pick up a game by the scruff of it's neck and get the crowd on their feet. Dunny used to be that player, Marshall has the potential to be, but our manager thinks he's better served at right back.

• Backroom

Have you seen the goal of the season "contenders" over the last couple of seasons? Great they ain't.

I agree with he sentiment though we need to get some kind of feelgood around the current Rovers because showing us the recent history adds to the misery at the current situation and what was thrown away.

In all honesty though, I think that a change of manager to someone with charisma and:or pedigree, as well as ability, is what is required. I don't see how Bowyer is going to become that person. Failing that we need a spark on the pitch that can pick up a game by the scruff of it's neck and get the crowd on their feet. Dunny used to be that player, Marshall has the potential to be, but our manager thinks he's better served at right back.

On the goal thing, Lowe vs Boro, Conway vs Rotherham, Marshall vs Reading Cairney vs Norwich are certainly great goals. Then there was Rhodes' clever chip over the keeper last season and his goal where AdamRochina typo'd 'takes Poseidon from the edge of the biscuit' :P

There will be moments to show that are better than the current montage of average tackles :P

• 4 months later...

Tonight hit an all time low in propaganda . I actually turned it off . They had a fan going about how fans need to get off bowyer a back , get behind the team and we will reach the playoffs . !!!!!!

Radio rovers praised him and get this he said he decided only to go at the minute . What a true loyal fan he was .. Xabier or something

• Like 2

I used to enjoy Radio Rovers but gave up on it some time ago due to the bland, beige presenters. During Keans time they had opportunities to question him live with real issues and took the soft option of nice easy questions.

I just don't listen anymore.

I got in the car just as 'Xavier' came on.

They rarely have callers on these days, especially so close to full time. As others say he was obviously lined up beforehand. Didn't sound Lancastrian.

Spent 10 minutes babbling on about the fans, then probably realised he should be a bit more balanced, said we needed to buy a striker and went. Very odd.

• Like 1