BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Radio rovers

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

A Rovers fan blaming another Rovers fan for Rovers demise. Venky's must be sat at home crying with laughter. Unfortunately this will be lost on the Rovers fan who blames other fans for our demise.

Surely only dingles will truly be laughing!!

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont start lecturing me Stuart. You have zero rights to tell me anything. 

Put pressure on who? The owners are in India and cant be touch over there. 

The media dont give a toss about us. 

You have been part of the protest and nothing has changed after 6 years of them. The Government, FA, PL and FL have held meetings with you and they done nothing as no rules have been broken. 

As usual you have completely missed the point.

Minority protests only served to get Kean the boot - albeit too late. Who knows what a majority protest could have achieved.

Did Gillette and Hicks break any rules? No, but they were pressured out. If you are feeling guilty for not helping, Chris then that's because you should.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Saw a post on Twitter saying it has been scrapped?

Presume its to do with ifollow now being the online service? 

Ah, so that's why I couldn't find it. <_<

I presume they won't keep charging people that didn't cancel their subscriptions. Or perhaps I shouldn't just presume . . ??

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

As usual you have completely missed the point.

Minority protests only served to get Kean the boot - albeit too late. Who knows what a majority protest could have achieved.

Did Gillette and Hicks break any rules? No, but they were pressured out. If you are feeling guilty for not helping, Chris then that's because you should.

Gillette and Hicks were force out of their takeover were funded by RBS and they didnt pay them on time. Plus RBS even elected their own CEO at Liverpool to sell the club. Then he sold the club to Fenway Sports group who has been good owners. Hicks and Gillette tried to fight it but the law were on RBS side. 

This isnt the case with Venkys and Rovers. So it has no relevent. 

Majority protest? If you want to protest then so do but dont start trying to get others who dont want into ir. Are you protesting today?

Did I feel guilty? What for? 

My overall impression is Radio Rovers has been largely derided on here for years. Now it's gone people are unhappy. I don't get this. 

To my mind Radio Rovers did well to survive as long as it did. The audience had clearly declined hugely to possibly hundreds? It had become insipid, formulaic and so entirely predictable, by both the presenters and interviewees, listening for the occasional gem was too painful to bother with. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

My overall impression is Radio Rovers has been largely derided on here for years. Now it's gone people are unhappy. I don't get this. 

To my mind Radio Rovers did well to survive as long as it did. The audience had clearly declined hugely to possibly hundreds? It had become insipid, formulaic and so entirely predictable, by both the presenters and interviewees, listening for the occasional gem was too painful to bother with. 

I think a few that have responded to this thread are unhappy because it appears a vital service has been taken away from some fans on the eve of the season without an adequate replacement being found. I'm not sure anyone is going to miss it for it's award winning broadcast journalism. I'm surprised you didn't 'get this' from the thread.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think a few that have responded to this thread are unhappy because it appears a vital service has been taken away from some fans on the eve of the season without an adequate replacement being found. I'm not sure anyone is going to miss it for it's award winning broadcast journalism. I'm surprised you didn't 'get this' from the thread.

I'd question if it was ever intended as a vital service and I do mean question as I'm not aware if it was.

Clearly there will have been fans who were unable to attend through ill health, mobility or sight issues etc. who listened. I understand this but I don't recall Rovers ever promoting RR in this way to the wider community nor do I recall fans praising it for such involvement.

Like many things at Ewood the closure could possibly have been handled better but that comes as no surprise. 

Edited by Paul

28 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'd question if it was ever intended as a vital service and I do mean question as I'm not aware if it was.

Clearly there will have been fans who were unable to attend through ill health, mobility or sight issues etc. who listened. I understand this but I don't recall Rovers ever promoting RR in this way to the wider community nor do I recall fans praising it for such involvement.

Like many things at Ewood the closure could possibly have been handled better but that comes as no surprise. 

Some people just love to argue.

Its more the symbolism of RR going.....Just another deed to erode the heart and soul of our club.  People like you sit by and argue for the sake of it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Paul said:

I don't recall Rovers ever promoting RR in this way to the wider community nor do I reall fans praising it for such involvement.

So, because fans were not aware beforehand that others relied on it you feel those complaints aren't valid, or in some way illegitimate. What a truly bizarre viewpoint. As for the club,  I'm pretty sure that they are aware of the value RR brings to visually impaired people's lives without using it as a trailer to advertise their radio station.

35 minutes ago, Paul said:

Again, that's irrelevant to the fact some disadvantaged fans may now rely on it.

I understand your point in general, and I'm sure it's exactly the same one that the accountants would use. I'd like to think, however, that as a football club we are a bit better than putting a percentage of turnover before the enjoyment of a few seriously disadvantaged people who will have supported that club for a lot longer than the owners and accountants have been there, and will continue to support it long after the gutless b'stards have departed.

Never has 'knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing' been more apposite.

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The format was poor the past few years, again the club's choice to run it down.

Then when cancelled you'll get little backlash from fans 'well, it was @#/? anyway'.

Much like everything else about our decline.

By and large, fans have been more than happy to accept our lower grade status at each drop in quality, stature and division.

Rovers fans have been so disappointing when it comes to taking any affirmative action and have instead accepted, nay cemented, our fate. The excuses to ease consciences are nearly as galling as the excuses for inaction.

But don't confront it any more, because that's just 'willy waving'.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Some people just love to argue.

Its more the symbolism of RR going.....Just another deed to erode the heart and soul of our club.  People like you sit by and argue for the sake of it.

Its called having a difference of opinion sparks, debate, the sort of thing that keeps places like Brfcs going, you should try it :rolleyes:

On Radio Rovers, I hated it, slagged it off all the time, but I never wanted the first football radio station in the UK to be shut down.

Its just another example of an incompetent disgusting regime ruining this once proud football club.

Maybe a certain engineering firm can sponsor it next season for grand sum of a bag of washers and play its own adds 24/7? what an idea, I should work in marketing! 

I've been one of its biggest critics over recent years,the don't panic all is rosy broadcasting during the Venky reign of terror has been nauseating.

During the early days it was actually worth listening to,interesting interviews with player's and Managers alike it gave a good build up to the game,Gerald Jackson's baby with that Wendy woman.

Just sad in a way that just like the club as a whole it's been allowed to decline...another victim of the Venky reign of terror.

• Like 3

An accountant at Ewood has deemed RR another unnecessary cost and dispensable and its closure marks another step down and decline in the club's status.

The way it was announced too was shoddy and in keeping with all the other PR disasters over the past 7 years. Rovers' management failure is just another example of why we are incapable of running anything of worth in this country and much of infracstutcure / industry is in foreign hands 

• Like 1

It did get stick on here and quite rightly at times it was painful party line treading stuff but it was the content not it's existence that got stick. I'd imagine it was mainly aimed at the community in  general and those who for whatever reason couldn't attend otherwise why have it in the first place ?

Not as if 20 thousand people sat at the match had earplugs in listening to it. Therefore it's a community service axed imo.

Poor form yet again from the clueless suits, how much does multi millionaire Bob put back into the club ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I'll just phone my 70 year old dad who've been house-bound for 7 years following a stroke and tell him he won't be listening to the game today.

His Rovers life is still the radio and the LT.

I guess he's another long standing supporter who is now doing "away games only".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul said:

You were unaware that supporters who attend games with visual disabilities listen to radio rovers via headsets/radios? I would call that a vital service.

To me it seems a cynical move to wring a few more quid out of these people by getting them to sign up to ifollow on the eve of the first home game of the season, because when they purchased their new season tickets I am pretty sure they would not have been made aware that the service was being withdrawn, still community awards already in the bag and  Rover the dog has a kennel now , all is well.

Edited by perthblue02

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Much like everything else about our decline.

By and large, fans have been more than happy to accept our lower grade status at each drop in quality, stature and division.

Rovers fans have been so disappointing when it comes to taking any affirmative action and have instead accepted, nay cemented, our fate. The excuses to ease consciences are nearly as galling as the excuses for inaction.

But don't confront it any more, because that's just 'willy waving'.

Have you renew your season ticket for this season and are you protesting today?

what affirmative action do you want to see Rovers fans do?

what protest has had a any impact on forcing Venkys out of owning Blackburn Rovers?

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what protest has had a any impact on forcing Venkys out of owning Blackburn Rovers?

This is the radio Rovers thread Chaddy. Practice what you preach and keep on topic.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stop taking the thread off topic you troll. 

• Like 3