BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Radio rovers

6 minutes ago, cn174 said:

Apparently there was some technical hitch, that meant the concourse nor the blues (where people have paid for a s/t to watch game in there) the game didn't work. 

Ah ok. I'll let them off.

It wouldn't  have surprised me though :blink:

Edited by Hasta

Just now, cn174 said:

me either. shitter beer, shitter pies, shitter concorse, shitter football!

At least the service is as reliably bad as ever. 

I left my seat in the Blackburn end at 3.35pm and got served at 3.58pm.

Rushed my pint down in a few minutes to get up for the second half as there was no coverage downstairs but still missed the first goal.

Edited by Hasta

4 hours ago, cn174 said:

Apparently there was some technical hitch, that meant the concourse nor the blues (where people have paid for a s/t to watch game in there) the game didn't work. 

The turnstiles in the JW had also stopped working before the game with huge queues and a steward having to enter the turnstile after each person to use a card to override the system.

Crap all round.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 07:33, Paul said:

My overall impression is Radio Rovers has been largely derided on here for years. Now it's gone people are unhappy. I don't get this. 

To my mind Radio Rovers did well to survive as long as it did. The audience had clearly declined hugely to possibly hundreds? It had become insipid, formulaic and so entirely predictable, by both the presenters and interviewees, listening for the occasional gem was too painful to bother with. 

Completely agree Paul. For the able bodied fan Radio Rovers has been as much use as a fart in a wet suit for many years even pre Venky's due to the fact they had to toe the party line and try to extract the positives out of a 3-0 home defeat etc.

That however does not address the question of visually impaired fans. I hadn't read this thread and wasn't even aware Radio Rovers had shut or was shutting down until I spoke to a blind chap last night who was absolutely spitting feathers about the demise of Radio Rovers.

I tried to explain to him as diplomatically as possible that this is the way of the world these days and you dont get much for free and without knowing the options I surmised they would be trying to push people towards subscribing to some sort of service via the internet.

He wasn't having it though and if it is the case that any available feed doesn't have any audio then that is very poor in this day and age and horrendous pr for the Club as if it could get any worse.

Well I missed Radio Rovers whilst sat in the car waiting for the car park to clear. Had to make do with listening about PNE, Blackpool and the scum on Radio Lancs.

Surely it could be run by some of volunteers, I only want to listen about Rovers, even if it isn't positive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

Well I missed Radio Rovers whilst sat in the car waiting for the car park to clear. Had to make do with listening about PNE, Blackpool and the scum on Radio Lancs.

Surely it could be run by some of volunteers, I only want to listen about Rovers, even if it isn't positive.

A Tweet has been sent out this afternoon, where apparently someone has suggested that any blind or partially sighted fans, should get their carer to provide commentary. If this is true, then another two fingers up from the club to their disabled fans.

9 minutes ago, Mum63 said:

So what about the two blind men sat behind me who had no carers with them

I'm assuming they've got empty seats next to them - most people do at Ewood nowadays - I think Mike is assuming the seat will provide free commentary. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fenwindows said:

With out sounding like I'm taking the @#/?... how do they get to and around Ewood and to the exact seat without a carer? 

With a blind dog? I know, how can the blind dog find it's way there?

20 minutes ago, fenwindows said:

With out sounding like I'm taking the @#/?... how do they get to and around Ewood and to the exact seat without a carer? 

Well I can't comment on the one who was already sat there when I arrived but a steward showed the other to his seat and sat near him towards end of match

5 hours ago, lraC said:

A Tweet has been sent out this afternoon, where apparently someone has suggested that any blind or partially sighted fans, should get their carer to provide commentary. If this is true, then another two fingers up from the club to their disabled fans.

I'm surprised they didn't suggest teaming up with deaf fans.

v1.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lraC said:

There is always a danger when cost cutting impacts on your core values...

IMG_6737.PNG

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

There is always a danger when cost cutting impacts on your core values...

IMG_6737.PNG

This is complete ridiculous and needs bring to the attention of the media. Josh I think you have Alan Myers E Mail and I know he communicated with the fans, will he help, or do we have other Avenues?

23 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Completely agree Paul. For the able bodied fan Radio Rovers has been as much use as a fart in a wet suit for many years even pre Venky's due to the fact they had to toe the party line and try to extract the positives out of a 3-0 home defeat etc.

That however does not address the question of visually impaired fans. I hadn't read this thread and wasn't even aware Radio Rovers had shut or was shutting down until I spoke to a blind chap last night who was absolutely spitting feathers about the demise of Radio Rovers.

I tried to explain to him as diplomatically as possible that this is the way of the world these days and you dont get much for free and without knowing the options I surmised they would be trying to push people towards subscribing to some sort of service via the internet.

He wasn't having it though and if it is the case that any available feed doesn't have any audio then that is very poor in this day and age and horrendous pr for the Club as if it could get any worse.

I agree with you RB and, yes, the club should be providing those who need it with a commentary, especially if there is an audio stream available. Modern technology should make this relatively simple. Rovers have a tremendous record in providing for the disadvantaged and one must hope this is not the thin end of the wedge. 

I would hope, but don't know, this action could be challenged under the Disability Discrimination Act?

My point though stands for years Radio Rovers has been derided on BRFCS and never praised for the service it provided to the visually impaired.

Personally I had never thought of this aspect to RR. I can't help but ask myself how many others would be in the same position and are currently amongst the outraged?

Edited by Paul

I heard the blind behind me complain to stewards about 10/15 mins before end of match someone from offices came to talk to them saying they needed contact/email details off them,to which they were told they have them because they emailed us yesterday(Fri)  to tell us it's stopped,she said they had been trying all different ways to get the match on but by Thursday they realised they couldn't

The timing of the Radio Rovers announcement and lack of graphics (future game info etc) seems to me like it was an unexpected 11th hour decision.  It'll be a real can of worms getting things running properly, it even took 5mins+ for someone to get the score at two nil. Shame on Rovers (Venkys) for putting the customers last and dumping on their loyal fans again. 

• Moderation Lead

Not only that, but there wasn't even a Doncaster badge on the scoreboard at all during the game like there usually is for the oppo. Absolutely embarrassing.

Edited by K-Hod

15 hours ago, Paul said:

I agree with you RB and, yes, the club should be providing those who need it with a commentary, especially if there is an audio stream available. Modern technology should make this relatively simple. Rovers have a tremendous record in providing for the disadvantaged and one must hope this is not the thin end of the wedge. 

I would hope, but don't know, this action could be challenged under the Disability Discrimination Act?

My point though stands for years Radio Rovers has been derided on BRFCS and never praised for the service it provided to the visually impaired.

Personally I had never thought of this aspect to RR. I can't help but ask myself how many others would be in the same position and are currently amongst the outraged?

I don't really get what your point is here, is there something wrong with people being outraged?  I never thought about the blind fans but now it has been pointed out it seems pretty poor, especially the way it has been done, certainly the communication needs to be better.

Also lots of people complain about Rovers and their football of recent years but we don't want it taken away.

Being abroad most of the time I've listened A LOT via Rovers player, and sometimes complained and been annoyed but I've kept on paying for it.

6 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I don't really get what your point is here, is there something wrong with people being outraged?

No there is nothing wrong with people being outraged. My point is people have criticised Radio Rovers for years and never praised it for providing a service to blind fans. 

Now the service has been withdrawn people are outraged over something they simply previously didn't care about. This is simply moaning for the sake of moaning. 

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

No there is nothing wrong with people being outraged. My point is people have criticised Radio Rovers for years and never praised it for providing a service to blind fans. 

Now the service has been withdrawn people are outraged over something they simply previously didn't care about. This is simply moaning for the sake of moaning. 

Dear me. You're still continuing with this nonsense.:rolleyes:

I wasn't aware, like you, that the commentary on RR provided an essential service to some disabled people. Now I am aware I find it utterly disgusting that they have sold these people season tickets and then took away the one thing that actually helped them enjoy and understand what was going on. The fact that you think that is 'simply moaning for the sake of moaning' says a lot about you, and nothing about the people doing it.

• Like 6

Perhaps they have done this on purposes, as they don't want to be picking up this award again and sending staff down to London, all expenses paid, to pick up the award!

It is with great delight that Blackburn Rovers has been named the Nickelodeon Family Club of the Year at the 2017 EFL Awards.

Rovers went head-to-head with Brighton & Hove Albion for the coveted Championship award, which was presented to staff at a glittering awards ceremony in London this evening.