BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Radio rovers

6 hours ago, Paul said:

No there is nothing wrong with people being outraged. My point is people have criticised Radio Rovers for years and never praised it for providing a service to blind fans. 

Now the service has been withdrawn people are outraged over something they simply previously didn't care about. This is simply moaning for the sake of moaning. 

This may be true of some but in general I disagree and think that is unfair.  It's true I hadn't given it thought before but upon finding out I do think it is very poor.  I think that losing RR is disappointing even though I would have called it great, if there are good reasons for it I suggest the club communicate them.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What do other clubs do to provide commentary services to people who are blind/partially sighted?

Genuine question because I'm almost certain every other Championship/League One club doesn't have their own radio station.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/836283/Blind-football-fan-watches-team-Fleetwood-Town-Brian-Casey

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Paul said:

No there is nothing wrong with people being outraged. My point is people have criticised Radio Rovers for years and never praised it for providing a service to blind fans. 

Now the service has been withdrawn people are outraged over something they simply previously didn't care about. This is simply moaning for the sake of moaning. 

It's people realising the effect of something and having empathy with fellow fans. Certainly don't think it's 'just moaning' or there wouldn't be the outrage there is.

The club should start the very least be providing a commentary stream at games for VI fans, even if every other part of RR is closed.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Husky said:

From what I've read in the last week or so "Come back Radio Rovers all is forgiven" seems to be the overall view!!!!

So much for iFollow :blink:

More super advice from the consultants.

Charge the @#/?s for everything.

• 1 month later...

Just to update on this I was speaking to one of our blind fans last night and Rovers have apparently put in a temporary arrangement wheteby partially sighted fans can listen to the commentary feed for free via a laptop in a room in the Blackburn End.

This chap was of the view that it wasn't as good as being on the ground with the commentary feed but was better than being on tbe ground without the feed. He's also under tbe impression Rovers are hoping to do something which would incorporate the best of both worlds.

Well done to Rovers for doing this, i was fairly critical on this point before so it's only right I redress the balance. Any partially sighted fans interested in this service should contact Christine Peacock at the Club.

You can also of course pay for the commentary feed at home via the internet. I follow or whatever it's called.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...