BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Myers & Shaw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Deadly Derek was at PNE their message board all called him an Evertonian.

Maybe he is cursed to wander around football clubs of the north west being accused of supporting someone else.

That was because when Moyes went to Everton Degsy took up the freebies on offer not one to turn down a free lunch and a drink or two, good friends with the two Moyes boys the manager and the agent. Wonder if he's put any work his way since he became a Ewood gravy train rider?

Silent Bob Coar?

A good mate of his told us a while back that he was just a 'guest' director. Told after take over he could stay on in title of 'executive' and continue to enjoy the benefits of it but no power or say at the club anymore apart from offering advice----when/if asked. Doubt he's on any pay, plenty of freebies though probably .

A good mate of his told us a while back that he was just a 'guest' director. Told after take over he could stay on in title of 'executive' and continue to enjoy the benefits of it but no power or say at the club anymore apart from offering advice----when/if asked. Doubt he's on any pay, plenty of freebies though probably .

Sounds pretty much like the paid ones to be honest.

You'd think the guy would have resigned anyway if he had any morals after seeing first hand what's gone on but not being able to do anything. Just another of the self preservation society no doubt, or should that be shelf preservation.

Don't give a toss who Shaw or anyone else support to be honest. He's paid to do a job and has been proven in a court of law to be doing it badly so he should be sacked. He could be the biggest Rovers fan on earth and it wouldn't change this. Imagine the situation in the summer of 2016, £100m of debt and newly relegated to Div 3. Either Venkys write off the debt and sell the club for the few bob it will be worth or they carry on running the cub down until it folds. Can't really see a 3rd option.

• 3 weeks later...

If I was in Shaws position I can hand on heart never ever work a high ranking job at rovers or Blackpool A true nobber would not work for arch rivals and I can say I would never work for PNE or burnley . No amount of blood money could change my mind .

Nice ideal, but not real world. I worked for PNE as a Rovers fan. Most who work in football do not follow the team they work for. That includes players and managers.

Supporting the club is not a pre - requisite for doing a decent job.

My gripe with Shaw is that he is thick. Nothing to do with PNE.

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandand said the same. Such a shame

However someone must be picking up the slack?

Debt increasing. Playing fortunes decreasing. Future outlook decreasing, Communications decreasing (well none existent).

The only thing on the up at Ewood is the debt..........unless your on poppers that is ;)

Alan Myers was at the Disabled Supporters event last night and I've got to say that he didn't look very well at all! :unsure:

You wouldn't if you had to spin this shyte all season. He'll be engineering a move to Bournemouth or Watford

• Backroom

You wouldn't if you had to spin this shyte all season. He'll be engineering a move to Bournemouth or Watford

Enoughs enough, horrible comment about a mans health, go elsewhere with that sort of disgusting stuff.

Enoughs enough, horrible comment about a mans health, go elsewhere with that sort of disgusting stuff.

Well said Tom.

Alan has been suffering from ill health for quite sometime, I am amazed that he was able to return to work, hope that he gets better soon.

Alan Myers was at the Disabled Supporters event last night and I've got to say that he didn't look very well at all! :unsure:

Bad do, genuinely hope he gets better soon. He's copped some flak but if someone from the club had just communicated to the fans he was on sick leave or something then he wouldn't have. just what is it with that place ?

Irrespective of personal feelings for anyone, a person's health comes before anything.

Fortunately, I have always worked with organisations that recognise this and they have been helpful of those in need of support.

Best wishes Alan Myers.

• Backroom

Bad do, genuinely hope he gets better soon. He's copped some flak but if someone from the club had just communicated to the fans he was on sick leave or something then he wouldn't have. just what is it with that place ?

His ill health has definitely been mentioned on here for well over 3 months. Can't remember the source, but I believe he's been on leave since about late September?

His ill health has definitely been mentioned on here for well over 3 months. Can't remember the source, but I believe he's been on leave since about late September?

True but that was from a poster not the club and to be fair a lot get's mentioned on here. Poor fellas been panned from here to there on message boards and the LT boards etc. People emailing him wonder why no replies. No one needs the full details but they could have said he was away and emails etc should be directed to A. N Other. If the job was so important that they brought him in then surely it needed someone covering it whilst he's been on and off. Typical tinpot behaviour of this regime.

• Backroom

I'm certain it has actually been mentioned either in the LET or online. It wasn't a poster on here, it was a link. Think it may have been in the Kayleigh's Baps thread....

. If the job was so important that they brought him in then surely it needed someone covering it whilst he's been on and off.

Exactly.

It's all about lining your pockets down at Ewood these days and pulling the wool over the owners' eyes.

• 2 months later...

Enough is enough .. Myers what do you do ? I tell you what I could communicate more than you even whilst holding a full time job .. 50k and I will communicate every week and it's still more than you do !

Archived