BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] rovers hooligans

The arrests mean nothing, they're mainly for drink related incidents.

There was an embarrassing rabble of young lads who wore the traditional clobber at Liverpool the other week who seemed to have an older fat mess as their 'leader'.

They'd all have ran a mile at the sign of trouble though.

Seen last 2 or 3 years rovers been near top of arrest league. Never seen much trouble I have to say as rovers don't seem like a club to have a firm? Do we and has anyone seen an ugly side to our fanbase?

They're about and always have been. I just think they don't make such a noise about it as some others do like writing books of fiction etc. Just from reading the LT there's been a few incidents down recent years. No surprise that these things become more regular when a club is struggling or when they start having some success and crowds/away followings increase.

Seen last 2 or 3 years rovers been near top of arrest league. Never seen much trouble I have to say as rovers don't seem like a club to have a firm? Do we and has anyone seen an ugly side to our fanbase?

Rovers fans have always been soft sods as far as I can remember.

I've been going to watch rovers for nearly 30 years regularly home and away so was only a kid when the mass trouble of 80s ended and can't rem much but I can count on one hand the incidents I've seen punches thrown at away fans (mostly at noblot) and only isolated incidents. But I'd need a bloody abacus to count incidents I've seen where rovers fans have thrown punches at each other.

A mate of mine works for gmp and when they did some sort of football crowd control training I forget the exact patter but rovers fans were used as an example as a set of fans who get more inebriated than the average supporter. So I'm guessing any high arrests stems from that. If ever there was a team to drive you to drink eh.

I can't give a monkeys about Rovers hooligans. We do however have our fair share of pond life.

They could do with getting up early in the morning, having a good wash and doing a days work before going around to their elderly neighbours to help with the gardening and ironing.

• Moderation Lead

I think it was OssyDave above that said it, but it is basically a case of folk playing dress up as hooligans, but couldn't throw a paper aeroplane, never mind a punch!

I remember a few years back, after one of the worst games of football ever, Rovers v Newcastle (0-0) under K**n. Went back to the station and some teenage Rovers fans were mouthing off to a few Newcastle fans. For some reason one of the Newcastle fans decided to jump down the stairs at them and ended up on the floor where he recieved a bit of a kicking before the Rovers fans ran off laughing.

Ever since I have been going, the Rovers have never had enough numbers to form a crew because there has always been in-fighting. Ted's against rockers, grebo's against skin's then every part of Blackburn against every other part of Blackburn and surrounding areas

Think the club has too many morons these days 'pretending' to be a hard hooligan core.

Saw Stoke's N40 at close quarters on a couple of occasions, now they were 'tasty'.

Just think clubs can do more to identify and punish the moronic ones by banning them for life.

There's only a few Clubs with 'real' football hoolies. What you mostly see these days are Teenage Stone Island Fan Boys, who've got The Firm on DVD.

Even England away is a bit tame these days.

I got that cheap from ASDA in the bargain bin.

Not a patch on the original with Gary Oldman.

I've been going to watch rovers for nearly 30 years regularly home and away so was only a kid when the mass trouble of 80s ended and can't rem much but I can count on one hand the incidents I've seen punches thrown at away fans (mostly at noblot) and only isolated incidents. But I'd need a bloody abacus to count incidents I've seen where rovers fans have thrown punches at each other.

A mate of mine works for gmp and when they did some sort of football crowd control training I forget the exact patter but rovers fans were used as an example as a set of fans who get more inebriated than the average supporter. So I'm guessing any high arrests stems from that. If ever there was a team to drive you to drink eh.

We got a mention on TV about policing at an Oldham match. The coppers were doing their chat before the game and the Commander said we were very heavy drinkers.

You'd have to be p!55ed to visit Oldham .

Archived