BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norman Bell v Chris Brown

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dahlin should never have been signed his back was shot to bits, good old Woy eh ! Yorke scored a few and was always a quality finisher but a lazy baresteward who was here for his pension, not the first or last one on that. Suker was quality but Souey showed his plot losing tendancies by dropping him after he hit a run of scoring form to pair up Yorke/Cole again away at Man Yoo. He wasn't happy to say the least and that was the end of that. Would have preferred to have kept him over Yorke anyday.

Can't remember much about Bell apart from he wasn't that good and the old duffers around us used to call him ding dong. Didn't he have a testimonial or something because he broke his leg ?

Can't believe Kuqi gets mentioned in the Brown thread. He scored some Prem goals and scored some winners away from home. Bellamy worked well with him.

Some simply cannot understand that there are different roles required within team structures. The effectiveness of the strike 'partnership' being key. Read Garners book and his comments about Norman Bell.

Mocking paid professionals without ever wondering how they got to this level in the first place tells you more about the person mocking, than the player discussed. Lots of different ingredients required to make it as a pro. The more you have, the higher you go. Finished articles are few and far apart. Unless your a Portugese nobody or have a dad as an agent, the vast majority have done it the hard way and as someone good enough to get paid to play professionally, are worthy of a certain respect.

• Backroom

I can honestly say the classiest Rovers players I've met have been Short, Rhodes, Pedersen, and Kuqi. Met them all at least 3 times and held a decent conversation about Rovers and football in general for a good 5-10mins each time. Great blokes.

I don't remember Bell as being particularly bad at the time, he was no John O'Mara, just the standard we were signing in that era. I seem to recall he scored one or even two in an away cup tie at West Brom

Indeed. My hazy recollection of Bell was that he looked like he'd been a decent player in his prime but that and peak fitness were a very long way behind him by the time he arrived at Ewood.

An O Mara v Brown comparison is extremely valid imo. Both very big men with zero ability. You'd have to say O Mara is shading that one at the moment in the scoring department.

• Backroom

I remember being quite alarmed when we signed Kuqi, but he did a decent job for us at the highest professional level.

I can't comment on Bell, but I wouldn't put Brown in Kuqi's class. Not even close.

Brown puts in the effort, I don't think anybody can fault him for that, but he's not much of a striker. Even target men score goals every so often. Unfortunately Bowyer seems intent on signing players who don't score goals at the moment, which is going to give us a big headache next season if it continues.

I remember being quite alarmed when we signed Kuqi, but he did a decent job for us at the highest professional level.

I can't comment on Bell, but I wouldn't put Brown in Kuqi's class. Not even close.

Brown puts in the effort, I don't think anybody can fault him for that, but he's not much of a striker. Even target men score goals every so often. Unfortunately Bowyer seems intent on signing players who don't score goals at the moment, which is going to give us a big headache next season if it continues.

You were alarmed when we signed Kuqi? Then think of the alarm Bell caused! Brown is a ringer for Bell in my view.

Archived