BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn confirms Rovers departure/Appreciation Thread

Genuinely wish him well. It was a stretch too far this season - and possibly last - but he has been brilliant for this club. It's not often you get close to a legend status these days but, in relative terms, I think he is. He certainly has cult local hero status.

One of only 48 Rovers players to have played for England and one of only three this century.

Hope he gets to play a part in Saturday's game, now that 9th is secured ^_^. I guess Brentford are hoping we take the Ipswich game seriously but... tough. Id rather see a 60 minute cameo from one of Rovers' best servants, and get to applaud him off.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Hopefully a send off to rival Tugay's

It will be a great moment but it will take some doing to match Tugays - I've not seen any match his so far.

For someone that wasn't local, wasn't here that long and barely ever spoke there was something absolutely special about Tugay and Blackburn Rovers.

Sad day to see a club legend retire. Saw his second ever game for Rovers, scoring the winning penalty away to Newcastle in the league cup - what nerve for an 18 year old. Hugely talented, only injury stopped him hitting the heights.

Wish him well for the future, and it's obvious that he wants to manage us too.

Hope he gets game time for his send off.

We won't see a player like Dunny for a good while IMO, like Waggy says the end of an era.

From his first game at Everton, first goal at Villa Park, the crucial goals in the 01 promotion season, the 02 cup win, The Burnley games, even that goal against Bolton last season where he rolled back the years, it's been a privilege to watch 'one of us" out there 350+ times living the dream.

All the best Dunny, hope we see you back in some capacity one day.

Remember first seeing Dunny in a FA Youth cup tie (semi against Peterborough iirc) in 1998 (ish). He was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. When he broke into the first team you could tell he was a Rover, it always seemed to matter more to him. Like others have said his performances in the promotion season were fantastic, Bolton away sticks out in my memory, think we tonked them 4-1. He was Gazza-esque at times, the way he ghosted past players.

Souness ruined him IMO, tried to make him into something he wasn't. He was never the sort to control the midfield but that was how Souness tried to mould him instead of letting him be play his natural attacking game. Gutted when he went to Brum and delighted when he came back. The word legend is overused but not in Dunny's case, his performances against the b*st*rds alone have earned him that status.

Cheers Dunny, it's been an absolute pleasure watching a Rovers fan distinguish themselves in the famous Blue n White.

One of my favourite Rovers players growing up. A real talent to behold, the likes of which we probably won't see again for some time.

He blotted his copybook with his comments during the Kean era, but overall he's been a great servant to the club.

Souness ruined him IMO, tried to make him into something he wasn't. He was never the sort to control the midfield but that was how Souness tried to mould him instead of letting him be play his natural attacking game. Gutted when he went to Brum and delighted when he came back. The word legend is overused but not in Dunny's case, his performances against the b*st*rds alone have earned him that status.

Indeed, I remember reading on teletext how Souey wanted him to become more like Roy Keane than Gazza.

Link

• Backroom

He'll be missed, no question about that. One of the only players at the club (maybe the only one?) left with a genuine passion for the team. He may not have played much this season but I'm sure his presence around the club has still been influential.

Probably should have been let go last season but nonetheless, a fantastic servant and will go down as one of the greats to have played for our club.

Tugay is probably more qualified now than GB was when he took over. Been assistant in some big big games.

Toogs as boss with Dunny his number 2, shay as goalie coach....rolling back the glory days.

Funnily enough Shay is probably the one I'd hand the managerial job to over the other two.

Great player Tugay and a wonderful character, but I'm not sure he'd ever make a manager.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/12917517.VIDEO__Looking_back_at_David_Dunn_s_most_memorable_Blackburn_Rovers_goals___/?ref=mac

Are the LET a joke? Video of the Dunny's best goals? Only 3 videos. Which only includes grainy youtube footage of a goal at Arsenal, a dingle video from the stands containing the title B.@stards and his last goal at watford

Very very very poor effort. In fact it wasn't even a damn effort

Don't understand the clamour for him to return as gaffer one day. While obviously it would be nice to have 'one of our own' in the dugout, our most successful managers in recent years had no ties to Rovers. And that's without my misgivings about Dunn's managerial qualities.

Archived