BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe set to return

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe could solve the right back dilemma

Other than that position I see little opportunity for him.

To be honest, I don't think we have a right back dilemma. Marshall has become outstanding as a wing back and as that is a coveted position in the modern game his value will soar if he can keep his form up until the summer.

Apologies to Mr Bowyer for putting him there in the first place (albeit with terrible timing).

• Backroom

Henley's numerous inadequacies are the only reason Marshall was put at RB by GB and PL. We desperately need to get Henley out of the club in the summer, be it on loan or permanent, and bring in much better. Though perhaps it would be cover on the left as opposed to the right, if we're considering Marshall as first choice RB/WBR and Lowe as back up for that position.

To be honest I'm not comfortable with two midfielders being converted to right back, but we've struggled with the position for a while now, and if Marshall can grow into the role and is happy to play there then I say let him have it.

Are you alright Philip?

Fine thanks.

Most of the season we have been marshmallow in the centre of the park. I see Lowe as being our enforcer and last stand at the Alomo type of player every promotion outfit needs to have.

I think Lambert will do the thinking for him in the way Bowyer never could.

Henley's numerous inadequacies are the only reason Marshall was put at RB by GB and PL. We desperately need to get Henley out of the club in the summer, be it on loan or permanent, and bring in much better. Though perhaps it would be cover on the left as opposed to the right, if we're considering Marshall as first choice RB/WBR and Lowe as back up for that position.

To be honest I'm not comfortable with two midfielders being converted to right back, but we've struggled with the position for a while now, and if Marshall can grow into the role and is happy to play there then I say let him have it.

I'd be happy with Marshall at RB. Release Spurr and buy a new LB, with Lowe & Henley covering both full-back positions. Worst comes to the worst, we can always use the loan market. If resources are going to be tight, we should be concentrating our efforts on rebuilding the midfield and forward line.

• Moderation Lead

We've never really seem him break up play either though, time after time they've waltzed through our midfield.

Oh aye, but I'm just speculating that Lambert could mould him into that kind of player, if not, he'll end up being a reserve or be sold I expect...

It's funny with Lowe. Everyone seems to agree hes got a great engine. But from what I've seen my dog could do the same job. He runs about a lot too. If Lowe can be taught to press properly then he could be really useful. But he rarely seems to be close enough to make a challenge. Maybe if he's told to forget going forward and just press, win it and give it then he might be worth persisting with. The trouble is we've been saying the same things since he broke through. Can anyone honestly tell me he's improved this over the years?

I've got a feeling he'll be a Lambert type player. I guess that's all that matters really.

• Backroom

It's the same as always with Lowe. He's OK as backup and is useful in that he can cover a number of positions, but better is needed in the regular first eleven. As one of the few that still remain from when we were last in the Prem, I'd be interested to know how much he's earning. I'd guess too much for a back up player, which means we either try to fit him into the team (as successive managers have tried to do without much luck) or try to sell him. Whether we'd be able to get a decent fee for him would be dependent on exactly how much he's earning.

• 1 year later...

Dear Jason, from Rovers..

At first, I was afraid, I was petrified

Kept thinking, Andy Bayes was on the ale and still a bit pie-eyed

But then I made so many posts explaining, how you did us wrong:

The team grew strong and we learned how to play it long

Though you’re not back (and that’s the rub)

I just logged in to find a rumour you’re not wanted by Big Club

We should have changed our training ground

Or moved the sign from where it is

If we’d have known for just one second you'd be back to confuse Biz

Oh, Jason Lowe, walk out the door, just turn around now

'Cause you're not welcome anymore

Weren't you the one, who helped to take us to League One

Bet you thought we’d crumble? Bet you thought promotion wouldn’t be on?

Oh, no, not us, we are top 6

Oh, as long as you just stay away, I know we’re in the mix

There’s no midfielders that we lack, we’ll stick with Smallwood and (hopefully) Dack

And we’ll go up, We will go up, stay, away (Jay)...

Archived