BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe set to return

6 hours ago, Neal said:

Brilliant!! I didn't do that passage of play justice in the transfer thread. I love the way there are 3 forward options for a pass when he gets the ball and completely ignores them to turn towards his own goal before running it out of play.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Sadly it's looking more and more likely he'll be back soon, and with his contract expiring at Birmingham in the summer he'll probably be back here on a permanent contract next season regardless of the league we're in. Sad times.

I wonder how much of his wages we're paying? He's on about £10k at Birmingham, so I can't see that we'd be paying any more than 20-30%.

47 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I do the want either back in blue and white but, seriously, I'd rather have Akpan back. At least he'd bring some height to set pieces.

Ive tried that in google translate but even google is struggling ?

Re Lowe, Id rather have Yordi back.

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Sadly it's looking more and more likely he'll be back soon, and with his contract expiring at Birmingham in the summer he'll probably be back here on a permanent contract next season regardless of the league we're in. Sad times.

I wonder how much of his wages we're paying? He's on about £10k at Birmingham, so I can't see that we'd be paying any more than 20-30%.

As I said previously, even paying that much on a player of Lowe’s inability is insanity for a club with wages 140% of turnover. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, toogs said:

As I said previously, even paying that much on a player of Lowe’s inability is insanity for a club with wages 140% of turnover. 

Indeed, but I can't imagine we're getting him for nothing, what would be the point from Birmingham's perspective? Unless they literally don't think he's even good enough as back up and just want him gone until his contract expires. 

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Indeed, but I can't imagine we're getting him for nothing, what would be the point from Birmingham's perspective? Unless they literally don't think he's even good enough as back up and just want him gone until his contract expires. 

He doesn't get in the first team squad thete so they must not even want him stinking the under 23 side out either.

would be great if we get him back !!! gets a job done so others can do theirs would have a very hardworking centre midfield which would give great protection to a system of wing backs. Everyplayer has a role and they are not all the same. The first example of this i can remember was gerry gow supplementing a coventry team of good individuals (this is when coventry were good). Just you watch the work jason brings to the centre of midfield which will certainly help richie out - you'll see. JUST WATCH.

I don't know much about Jason Lowe as his emergence coincided with Venkys turning up which caused Rovers subsequent demise so I didn't get to see him play much post Premier League relegation. Dismissing the years of ridicule he received on here, the fact that he's not wanted by a side struggling in the Championship makes me wonder why a side gunning for promotion in League One would be interested in him. 

I looked up his England youth career. He was England captain at the U-20 World Cup in 2011. That sounds quite impressive on its own, and even more when you look at some of the other players at the tournament; Coutinho, Salah, Griezmann. Isco, Casemiro, James Rodriguez to name the most notable.

2011 u-20 World Cup squads

As a side, the dearth of talent available to England at the younger levels 7 years ago may offer a small explanation to England's struggles since the end of the "golden generation". From that squad only Jack Butland is playing regular Premier League football. Other members are currently plying their trade at hotspots such as Wrexham, Cambridge Utd, and Gainsborough Trinity. I'm hoping that the 2017 version that won the World Cup preludes a bright future.

8 hours ago, blackburnforever said:

would be great if we get him back !!! gets a job done so others can do theirs would have a very hardworking centre midfield which would give great protection to a system of wing backs. Everyplayer has a role and they are not all the same. The first example of this i can remember was gerry gow supplementing a coventry team of good individuals (this is when coventry were good). Just you watch the work jason brings to the centre of midfield which will certainly help richie out - you'll see. JUST WATCH.

You can only have one player in your team of that type. We've already got one in Smallwood.

9 hours ago, blackburnforever said:

I was wondering who wrote that article about how excited Rovers fans should be about this news. :rolleyes: 

31 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

<—————- think I’m about here

Acceptance

Can’t be that bad can it?

Ha. I don’t believe it’s happening so stick me in the denial stage. 

I am agnostic on this.

Clearly Lowe will do nothing for us as an attacking force but at League One level he might be more effective at stopping teams coming through us giving Smallwood support. Presumably he would supplant Evans and or Whittingham, neither of whom are being cited as the reason we don't need Lowe.  

For everyone’s criticism of Mowbary setting up negativity a lot seem to be going for the idea of a Lowe Smallwood midfield. Jesus wept that’s as negative as it gets. Smallwood is good at his job but he’s no ball player and as for Lowe well we’ve all seen enough of him. I look forward to loud cries off FORWARD and Dack becoming ineffective as he’s dropped so deep to get the bloody ball. 

24 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

For everyone’s criticism of Mowbary setting up negativity a lot seem to be going for the idea of a Lowe Smallwood midfield. Jesus wept that’s as negative as it gets. Smallwood is good at his job but he’s no ball player and as for Lowe well we’ve all seen enough of him. I look forward to loud cries off FORWARD and Dack becoming ineffective as he’s dropped so deep to get the bloody ball. 

Big concern.

16 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Perhaps TM just wants a pro who play when RS is suspended, Evans/Whittingham injured and so forth? Think most on here wouldn't want Tomlinson/Travis as a starting pair. May also suggest Lenihan is further away from fitness than we hoped...

He was our captain last year in a league above and started pretty much every game. You telling me he’s coming back to play 4th fiddle to Smallwood, Whittingham and Evans? Give over. He’ll straight in the team next to Smallwood. Disaster. 

Archived