BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe set to return

15 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Perhaps TM just wants a pro who play when RS is suspended, Evans/Whittingham injured and so forth? Think most on here wouldn't want Tomlinson/Travis as a starting pair. May also suggest Lenihan is further away from fitness than we hoped...

Opta man will end up topping the km/game stats and getting picked to start every match. Just got to hope it’s a right back.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

He was our captain last year in a league above and started pretty much every game. You telling me he’s coming back to play 4th fiddle to Smallwood, Whittingham and Evans? Give over. He’ll straight in the team next to Smallwood. Disaster. 

How often will those 3 be available at the time? For me - Whittingham & Smallwood is first choice but i have zero faith in Evans being fit when required let alone in form...

Also frees up Nyambe as backup CH as i think TM has realized that Ward is just too slow for this team/league.

Just now, Roverthechimp said:

How often will those 3 be available at the time? For me - Whittingham & Smallwood is first choice but i have zero faith in Evans being fit when required let alone in form...

Also frees up Nyambe as backup CH as i think TM has realized that Ward is just too slow for this team/league.

So is Lowe.

15 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

He was our captain last year in a league above and started pretty much every game. You telling me he’s coming back to play 4th fiddle to Smallwood, Whittingham and Evans? Give over. He’ll straight in the team next to Smallwood. Disaster. 

Lowe hasn't played for four months. He is not match fit. If this does happen no way should he be straight into the starting line up.

4 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Lowe hasn't played for four months. He is not match fit. If this does happen no way should he be straight into the starting line up.

He should not be in the starting eleven when he is match fit either.

10 hours ago, blackburnforever said:

would be great if we get him back !!! gets a job done so others can do theirs would have a very hardworking centre midfield which would give great protection to a system of wing backs. Everyplayer has a role and they are not all the same. The first example of this i can remember was gerry gow supplementing a coventry team of good individuals (this is when coventry were good). Just you watch the work jason brings to the centre of midfield which will certainly help richie out - you'll see. JUST WATCH.

What is his job ? Flattening some grass in our half of the pitch ?

44 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Opta man will end up topping the km/game stats and getting picked to start every match. Just got to hope it’s a right back.

You can't leave a player of Jason Lowes experience on the bench.

That'll be the line you just watch :huh:

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I am agnostic on this.

Clearly Lowe will do nothing for us as an attacking force but at League One level he might be more effective at stopping teams coming through us giving Smallwood support. Presumably he would supplant Evans and or Whittingham, neither of whom are being cited as the reason we don't need Lowe.  

We need to stop sitting off and letting teams come through us, sadly someone like Lowe is a catalyst for this type of game we've seen it a hundred times.

If Mowbray starts messing around with the system to accommodate players now instead of looking for a bit of pace and quality to bolt on it will backfire in epic proportion I reckon.

I've not seen much of Lowe, since our decline but I'll defer to the majority who watch the team often and say no to this. To re-sign such an unpopular player who is apparently pants would be a stupid move. If he's too crap to play for a relegation threatened Birmingham City, he's not good enough for the inevitable big 3 year contract here.

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Neither. rhyme nor reason in this one.

In these cases the default position must be "who's his agent?"

Who used to rave about him in bars on pre season tours to fans after a skinful, who used to put extra sessions on for him to try and impress big Sam and get in the first team, who installed him in the first team and who was around when he signed that long term bumper deal ?

Maybe in no way connected whatsoever but wasn't it odd how he was an automatic fixture in the team for years whenever fit and captain ? 

Who's satellite men are still around :huh:

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Who used to rave about him in bars on pre season tours to fans after a skinful, who used to put extra sessions on for him to try and impress big Sam and get in the first team, who installed him in the first team and who was around when he signed that long term bumper deal ?

Maybe in no way connected whatsoever but wasn't it odd how he was an automatic fixture in the team for years whenever fit and captain ? 

Who's satellite men are still around :huh:

It does make you wonder just what's going on with this transfer, none of it makes sense.

I have said for years, including more than once on this board, that something never felt right about the whole Jason Lowe situation. The comments on this thread tell their own tale. Almost unanimously, his proposed return is causing outrage and despair.

His tenure at Rovers went hand in hand with our downfall. His departure coincided with an upswing in our fortunes and I can't believe those two events aren't linked.

The fact that Mowbray apparently rates him and didn't want him to leave, says all I need to know about Mowbray' s vision as to how he wants his football to be played. 

Archived