BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe set to return

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/12967788.Blackburn_Rovers_midfielder_Jason_Lowe__good_to_go__after_injury_wrecked_season/

Still firmly in the team by the looks of things.

The thought of Lowe starting the opening game in the team actually makes me question whether I want to renew my season ticket.

He epitomises everything wrong with Bowyer's approach to matches. Maybe he'd be better under a different manager, who knows, but between them they stop Rovers reaching their potential.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe will give bowyer another option, surely that is a good thing?

If he starts the first game of the season then fair enough... It's the coaches job to pick the team and if they win, great... If they lose then he will have to deal with it!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/12967788.Blackburn_Rovers_midfielder_Jason_Lowe__good_to_go__after_injury_wrecked_season/

Still firmly in the team by the looks of things.

The thought of Lowe starting the opening game in the team actually makes me question whether I want to renew my season ticket.

He epitomises everything wrong with Bowyer's approach to matches. Maybe he'd be better under a different manager, who knows, but between them they stop Rovers reaching their potential.

Every team has a player that divides opinion. Thankfully not every supporter has your attitude.

Spoken like a true coach.

Shut the door on your way out Mr Bowyer.

Dyche says Boydy and Ingsy. Sack him, it's disgraceful.

and that bloody Dalglish calling Sherwood 'Slippery'. Bloody outrage.

Bugger me, he said 'Lowey'.

I knew he would, and yet...

he probably does it to wind up people who think it's important.

• Backroom

Lowe is representative of where we are as a club at the moment, and has very much been a symbol of that for a while. He works hard but is consistent in his limitations.

Dyche says Boydy and Ingsy. Sack him, it's disgraceful.

and that bloody Dalglish calling Sherwood 'Slippery'. Bloody outrage.

he probably does it to wind up people who think it's important.

Ok wrong thread but constructive criticism:

Favouritism - Lowe & Hanley.

Selection policy - refusal/inability to pick the same 11 two games in a row.

Love the way some 'fans' support the young home grown talent on here, but they're the first to moan if we sell a young player. :rock:

When did we last sing 'he's one of our own' to any player at Ewood?

Lowe will be a good addition back to the squad and will be pleased to see him.

• Backroom

Love the way some 'fans' support the young home grown talent on here, but they're the first to moan if we sell a young player. :rock:

When did we last sing 'he's one of our own' to any player at Ewood?

Lowe will be a good addition back to the squad and will be pleased to see him.

We sung it last time we played ;)

Priority number 1 is the same as it was in summer 2011. Get a decent central midfielder.

I accept everyone is not Cesc Fabregas on the ball. However, Lowe's only attribute is work rate, but if you don't close down, down tackle and get caught out of position often then work rate is a bit useless.

I don't think Lowe is the worst player we have but he really needs someone creative in the middle with him. That Lowe and Williamson combo fills me with dread.

On the one hand could argue he unmemorable player who does a necessary thankless job but on the other hand still not sure what he is. His passing isn't bad but it's not great, he isn't quick but not terribly slow either, he doesn't score or create much, he doesn't make long dribbles and isn't creative, he isn't a dominant defensive midfield general type, nor is he aerially dominant, he has a "good engine" but doesn't get into the oppos box much.

Lowe is representative of where we are as a club at the moment, and has very much been a symbol of that for a while. He works hard but is consistent in his limitations.

Absolutely DE.

Limitations that definitely keep the club from progressing any further.

Empty seats My lord !

On the day I renewed our ST's, good to see JLowe is fit, don't like to see any of our players out injured. We have a long summer ahead. Goodness knows what our squad will look like come August. I'm not his greatest fan, but he is better than some, not as good as others. Crown Jewels more important?

Weve missed his energy and his legs and his ability to sense danger and act on it, said the Ewood Park chief.

Good grief!

That just about sums it up Shaun.

Lowe does the hard yards, every side needs a Lowe, pity most fans don't see the impact he has.

Henley is in the same bracket, useless in most fans eyes until he put Sterling in his pocket for 180mins.

Young players with something to prove, the market we're in these days.

Priority number 1 is the same as it was in summer 2011. Get a decent central midfielder.

I accept everyone is not Cesc Fabregas on the ball. However, Lowe's only attribute is work rate, but if you don't close down, down tackle and get caught out of position often then work rate is a bit useless.

Unfortunately work rate alone isn't good enough

He's spot on

This would seem less hollow if results when he played backed it up.

But it doesn't matter how long any unbeaten run lasts or the form of the players on the field, Lowe will return as soon as he is fit. Even to the detriment of results.

As far as midfielders go we have Dunn at one extreme (forward thinking, dynamic, unpredictable, can unlock a defence) and Lowe at the other (negative, cautious, steady, scores a screamer once every 4 years).

Is Bowyer even trying to find a player who can replace Dunn, albeit in a budget? I could well believe he is more interested in signing Lowe's next understudy.

He 'seems' to have learned with Hanley - although part of me thinks Hanley was unfit at the end of last season - how long will it take with Lowe? As someone to bring on to kill a game and protect a lead? I could just about see the merits. As someone to start and protect a 0-0? No, not for me.

Interestingly before he got injured many people thought he was better at full back, up to now on this thread everyone has referred to him as a midfielder. As far as I am concerned he has never been solid at FB and his only position is defensive midfield where he frequently drops to be a fifth defender when necessary. Why then anybody expects him to be the new frank lampard and weigh in with a shed load of goals every season or spray the ball around like a championship david silva I've really no idea.

Why then anybody expects him to be the new frank lampard and weigh in with a shed load of goals every season or spray the ball around like a championship david silva I've really no idea.

*whistle* Strawman penalty! -10 points.

Archived