BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] i phone 6

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sat nav, traffic alert updates ? That kind of thing ?

Thanks

Tom Tom does traffic updates and is very accurate. One off payment of £25 from what I recall.

It's a brand-new van, full of Bluetooth and everything else. What I really need is something I can quickly check while I'm still loading to see if there are problems ahead :)

In that case your iPhone should do it. Mine shows me travel time to work every morning. Can't remember how to set it up though. Sorry..

To avoid a new thread. I got my lad a Motorola Moto at Christmas. £139 for an excellent Android phone beats the pants off all the competition.

If I had to buy a phone I wouldn't look at anything else.

Yes it was and incredible value. I have a company contract so buying the phone isn't an issue but when I retire I'll be getting the Moto or its latest variant presuming nothing else comes along.

As I use a Nexus tablet I love the fact the two run the same software.

I realise people will have many reasons for buying higher cost phones but for email, surfing etc. this is a bargain. Much as I enjoy my iPhone I'd get a Moto ahead of that.

this is the thing, which so many people miss, esp the Apple users. On the Nexus range, it is stock Android, pure Android, no bloatware, no added nonsense in terms of pre loaded apps etc. Its just a pity that the likes of Samsung have to fill the entire phone with apps nobody really wants to use.

But Paul, that is a great choice. Love the Moto X. Had one, and it was a pretty snappy phone and the performance was great.

• 2 weeks later...

A mate of mine uses Waze for traffic, anyone else use it?

Google bought it so it'll get merged into Google Maps at some point. Have to say I don't look any further than Google Maps for sat nav. Significantly improved over time and I think they've already started putting Waze data into the traffic monitoring. Really accurate timings.

New iPhone gets announced and released in September, my contract runs out around the same time. Might switch back, feck it.

dont do it K-Hod :-)

A mate of mine uses Waze for traffic, anyone else use it?

for Android, best Voice guided navigation app is Sygic. download the maps, and you can use it in offline mode, thus not using data or anything like that

So Apple Pay is out. Anybody given it a go? Some people saying it's so easy to use that it will increase wasteful purchases. City used it earlier.

I've been using a similar system app from my bank on my S6 for a few months now.

With the security set up on it (password to get into app, another password to authorise the transaction) it's a bit more cumbersome than using Tap and Pay or putting the card in the eftpos machine and using a pin.

I can't think of a scenario of having my phone but not my wallet.

Paul, my bank guarantees any losses, providing I've been reasonably sensible about the use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Spotify, by its very nature batters your data allowance. As do all streaming services (youtube etc). How much data do you get with your contract?

I know some contracts you get unlimited, I get 1.5GB, which is ample for what I need, but I only use Spotify et al on wi-fi.

• Moderation Lead

I get 8

Does it batter it using in the car in offline mode ?

No, I think offline mode is fine. Get on wi-fi at home, save some offline playlists etc then you're good to go.

It's essentially like having them saved to your phone if it's offline mode if that makes sense?

Archived