BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] i phone 6

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New iPhone gets announced and released in September, my contract runs out around the same time. Might switch back, feck it.

You know it makes sense K-Hod. I often think of the iPhone as the wife and Android as the tart down the pub. it's nice to have a fling with the geek boy handset, camera more powerful than the hubble telescope, a thousand ways to pimp your display and some apps so useless you'll bore people rigid with them.

At the end of the day you come back home, iPhone just works, that's why they all try to copy it, and it takes the best pictures I have ever seen on a mobile device.

In what universe does iPhone just work. Seriously, that notion that it just does what it suppose to do is nonsense. I've had iphones before, they had issues. I see Apple is introducing true multi tasking. They have just release a bigger iphone and a smart watch, iPad mini . Hey who did they copy? Lol

Cmon AS, unless you referring to syncing Apple devices, it doesn't just work as you point out. Hows about all those glitches within iOS, whereby they have to send another update to fix that issue? You would expect a big company whose products just work, to release working software as well. Just so BTW, I'm busy with Windows Mobile at the moment, so I'm case you wondering. I do own Android as well.

You've got a windows mobile? I had one, actually didn't mind the OS.

Sadly it's destined to fail, I'm not sure Microsoft even care about it anymore.

No flagship phone on the horizon (last time I checked), no nokia & the app gap ultimately drove me away. Gave android a try having never owned one before.

Just the nature of my work davulsukur, so busy testing a few of the Microsoft handsets like the 640XL and so on.

Also waiting on the release of the Blackberry slider, with Android OS to see how that will function.

But I've always been an Android guy, not for the customisation bit, but more because I really couldn't anymore with iTunes. I cringe when I hear that iphones just work, what exactly does that mean? Do they have no issues? Do they just work, and all apps just work without crashing etc.

Think before being called an Anti Apple guy again lol , that the design and feel of the iPhone is superb.

It's phone memory that's crammed

Can you buy extra memory Abbey? Sd cards can be pretty cheap nowadays.

Otherwise have a look at useage, it'll show you which apps are taking your memory. As an example you may find that you have a couple of old apps you no longer use are taking 25% of your memory, or apps that you have never used, or photos - store them on your pc. Spotify offline playlists can be big too though, so check those too.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I don't have faith in the security of these new payment systems.

Actually, in theory they are much much safer than the bank's contactess system.

Contactless is theoretically vulnerable to replay attacks (if someone intercepts the conversation between your card and the EPOS machine, they can replay it repeat the transaction), where as the NFC phone versions generate unique codes every time (it actually doesn't send your real card details, just some psuedo ones that change every time) making replays impossible.

That said, I'm not convince either doesn't have some yet undiscovered design flaw that's ready to be exploited.

Waved my new contactless card at a machine yesterday for the first time thinking I must try this new fangled stuff - it worked.

Much amused by the need to press three buttons BEFORE I could do the waving bit!!! So that's one less than entering a PIN number. It did seem to make the transaction quickly but that's variable from one store to the next anyway.

Got myself a 6 plus yesterday, which after an original iPhone 4 is a massive step up and I love it.

I love the 6, didn't want the bigger one but I love the phone. Running a beta release of IOS9 😎👍

That 6 plus will take the best photos you've ever seen.

Much amused by the need to press three buttons BEFORE I could do the waving bit!!!

Eh ? You shouldn't be pressing anything 😳

Apple Pay is hilarious, just hold your phone over the till with your finger resting on the home button, DONE.

Waved my new contactless card at a machine yesterday for the first time thinking I must try this new fangled stuff - it worked.

Much amused by the need to press three buttons BEFORE I could do the waving bit!!! So that's one less than entering a PIN number. It did seem to make the transaction quickly but that's variable from one store to the next anyway.

I find in much quicker in put pub after work. Truth be told I think that's the only place I ever use it.

Apple Pay is hilarious, just hold your phone over the till with your finger resting on the home button, DONE.

Actually, whilst I've previously ranted about the insecurity of the iPhone 6 finger print scanner and how it's more akin to a username than a password (you leave your fingerprints lying around everywhere), it's still much more secure than contactless where simply having hold of the card is proof of identity.

Much amused by the need to press three buttons BEFORE I could do the waving bit!!! So that's one less than entering a PIN number.

5 less! That changes everything. :)

You shouldn't have had to press any buttons Paul. Which shop was that?

The limit at the moment for contactless payment is £20. Some banks are increasing it to £30.

It was in Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester. The lady pressed three buttons before I waved the card. First time I've used it so no idea what to expect!

Possible a one off.

Normally the card reader that you would normally be promoted to insert your card into would just have the option to hold your card over the screen (a little like Rovers turnstiles last season). You won't be prompted to press any keys.

The option would only be there if the value was below your bank's set limit in which case you'd have to use your PIN as normal.

I take Glenn's point though, it's a bit easy for someone to use your card.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Contact's up now, so reckon that's the way I'll go tbh, it's out in next fortnight I think, can pre-order in the coming days I believe.

Still not a fan of the watch though, give me an Omega Seamaster any day!

Archived