BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Absolutely astonishing FIFA's increasingly extreme approach to the Poppy issue.

1. The poppy is a symbol of remembrance for those who've sacrificed their lives for others. It's not pro or anti any political conflict, it's not pro or anti war full stop. In no way is it a political statement, it's a charitable act of solidarity.

2. Bearing point 1 in mind, it's a terrible position to take for FIFA to even be against any desire to commemorate it from the home nations.

3. It's even worse to say it's banned from the football shirts.

4. It's even worse to say it's banned from armbands!

5. It's even WORSE to say fans aren't allowed to wear them!!!

FIFA have well and truly lost it. They've gone from being a shamelessly corrupt, ignoble and ineffective shambles, to being a force of pure indecency and an absolute disgrace. We should pull out of all international games for the next 10 years in my opinion.

It's time to show the repugnant fat cats who run that ugly, twisted money-obsessed elitist boys club that at least one country in the world has the balls to stand up to them.

Whilst there is money involved we will never abstain from FIFA completions.

Agree with you completely mind.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I myself don't wear a poppy, I support totally the choice others make to wear one. To suggest that fans should not have worn them is an utter disgrace. Sort out your own corrupt house FIFA and stop trying to interfere in something that's been going on for just under a century without any problems.

They are just going to dig a bigger hole for themselves.

It needs the top teams to stand up to FiFA for them to change but they won't sadly.

It's also sort of funny they are launching an investigation, what is there to investigate you don't need to be sherlock holmes to look at the pictures do you.' We are investigating poppy wearing, it could take years to get to the bottom of this'. Someone somewhere will be getting paid for this, nice hotel a few other trips to 'investigate'.

Some damned pillock is proposing.......

A 48 team world cup

16 groups of 3 teams

2 teams progress from each group............yes you read that right, 2 teams.

What a waste of a fortnight being bore shtless by pointless groups

The euro's tried expanding and were DIRE

Lets have LESS teams and make the world cup worth watching again

• 2 weeks later...

We should tell FIFA where to stick their fine.

This is the kind I'd BS that generates such anti-European feeling.

Gutless, spineless, heartless, brainless.

In view of corruption enquiries surely we'd be justified in withholding any fines anyway until we could be sure of where the money is going

We should tell FIFA where to stick their fine.

This is the kind I'd BS that generates such anti-European feeling.

Gutless, spineless, heartless, brainless.

I full agree. If all 4 Nations refuse to pay what then? Ban them all and run the risk of other Countries forming a break away on the strength of the bully boy tactics?

If it was up to me, I would pay the fine, qualify for the world cup, then the week before it starts send an e-mail saying because of the imposed fine, we cannot afford to send a team to the world cup. Then sit back and watch the chaos

• 4 months later...

In news that surprises no one, another FIFA executive has pleaded guilty to taking bribes; http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39747787

From the article; 

Richard Lai, 55, has admitted taking $950,000 (£735,000) in bribes. The Guam Football Association boss sits on Fifa's audit and compliance committee as well as the Asian Football Confederation ethics committee.

Typical FIFA; an ethics committee member, from footballing hotbed Guam (population roughly 150,000) gets done. Its whole culture is rotten. How do these people rise to the top?

I am waiting for the day that Chuck Blazer has his day in court. He could bring it all down.

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

In news that surprises no one, another FIFA executive has pleaded guilty to taking bribes; http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39747787

From the article; 

Richard Lai, 55, has admitted taking $950,000 (£735,000) in bribes. The Guam Football Association boss sits on Fifa's audit and compliance committee as well as the Asian Football Confederation ethics committee.

Typical FIFA; an ethics committee member, from footballing hotbed Guam (population roughly 150,000) gets done. Its whole culture is rotten. How do these people rise to the top?

I am waiting for the day that Chuck Blazer has his day in court. He could bring it all down.

Why are people from Guam even involved at this level?

Just now, lraC said:

With the Inland Revenue crawling all over West Ham and Newcastle, are we about to see a major corruption uncovered?

We do see major corruption uncovered frequently in football at all professional levels. It's just that nothing much is done about it.

Guam elected to FIFA in the mid 1990s. A population including US military the size of an average English town and a National football stadium with a capacity of 1,000........ and a seat at FIFA......and a nose in the trough.

Interesting that it occurs in Mr. Trumps shpere of influence. Go Donald Go.

• 1 month later...

Qatar is in the news again. Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE cut off diplomatic ties yesterday over allegations that the Qatari's are supporting terrorism (I'll leave the ironies for the non-football thread). Emirates and Etihad airlines have also cancelled all services to and from Doha.

BBC Qatar article

Will FIFA be worried? I doubt it.

FIFA statement: We have no further comments for the time being

It's still a bewildering decision to award them the World Cup.

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Qatar is in the news again. Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE cut off diplomatic ties yesterday over allegations that the Qatari's are supporting terrorism (I'll leave the ironies for the non-football thread). Emirates and Etihad airlines have also cancelled all services to and from Doha.

BBC Qatar article

Will FIFA be worried? I doubt it.

FIFA statement: We have no further comments for the time being

It's still a bewildering decision to award them the World Cup.

We all know why they got awarded it..........

Archived