BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damm, Gordon beat me to it. My post:

Breaking news is that a number of FIFA officials have been arrested at the Hotel D'Lac in Zurich (fantastic hotel if anyone is interested btw).

The arrests include a FIFA VP. Unfortunately Sep Bloated has not been arrested to date. A man called Jerome has also been arrested.

I normally get up when my Missus brings me a cuppa at 6am as she is setting off for work.

Sleep in today as I am in London about to leave for Chertsey.

What time does the golf course open?

Perhaps a more pertinent question would be what time does the Royal Oak shut.

• Backroom

The FBI have been investigating FIFA, apparently, so no surprise arrests are starting to be made.

If charges go through then would it impact staging the WC in Qatar? Can it be held there if it's proven they secured votes through bribery?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-prepares-criminal-indictment-alleging-corruption-at-soccer-body-fifa-1432698994

FIFA being busted, had not heard of this until now.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/fifa-rocked-by-fbi-arrests-362137

Indicted:

Jeffrey Webb: current FIFA vice-president
Jack Warner: former FIFA vice-president
Eduardo Li: Costa Rican federation president
Julio Rocha: current FIFA development officer
Costas Takkas: current attaché to the Concacaf president.
Eugenio Figueredo: current FIFA vice-president
Rafael Esquivel: current Conmebol executive committee member
José Maria Marin: current member of the FIFA organising committee for the Olympic football tournaments
Nicolás Leoz: former FIFA executive committee member and Conmebol president.
While the raids were taking place, the Swiss authorities revealed that they would be launching a separate criminal investigation into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
Read more at http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/fifa-rocked-by-fbi-arrests-362137#mkbRoHe7Jq4lswDz.99

FIFA has gotten people's goat for a long time now, good to see how this goes.

I hope this doesnt get bushed under the carpet and forgotten about in a few weeks. These scumbags have turned the international tournaments into a farce, seriously how fooking stupid of an idea is it to hold the world cup in Qatar, there's no logic behind at all its just purely to line their pockets and something else for these saudi rich boys to brag about bagging with their mega bucks.

I hope this doesnt get bushed under the carpet and forgotten about in a few weeks. These scumbags have turned the international tournaments into a farce, seriously how fooking stupid of an idea is it to hold the world cup in Qatar, there's no logic behind at all its just purely to line their pockets and something else for these Qatari rich boys to brag about bagging with their mega bucks.

Not Saudi!

Archived