BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kits

What are everyone's thoughts on this years home shirt? Surprising the club haven't had more praise for their early announcement, just what we've been requesting for many years! Do you prefer the halves back as they are? It appears to resemble the kappa 2002 kit to me, I wonder if the away will? What are you hoping for that?

Finally: who knew our kits were such a topic of conversation in Italy...

http://www.passionemaglie.it/2014/07/kit-blackburn-rovers-2014-2015-blue-cambridge/

Credit where its due, the club were unusually quick out of the blocks this summer in announcing the new sponsorship with Dafabet and the mock-up of the new home shirt. This is a stark contrast to recent years where the season has been upon us with no sponsor. This was a refreshing and far more professional approach.

But actually, we're back at the usual Rovers summer. I don't want to moan for the sake of it but we've no official release date for either kit. The home shirt is to be made available in 'early July' whilst the away kit will be 'late July'. The club should be trying to get both kits out asap so that people can buy them before going on their summer holidays, or at least in time for the start of the pre-season friendlies. There has been no 'photocall' as yet with players modelling the new kit and trying to promote it. All we've had is a computer drawn template design of the new home shirt and a leaked version of the red away shirt. Surely it can't be that difficult to take some photos of two or three players wearing the new kit and put them on the website with a release date?

I also found it bizarre that the club put a news story on their website announcing that this years kits would be under a 'price freeze' and 'only' be £50 for adults once again, yet failed to offer a release date or photo of the new kit.

The club should also be coming up with a mechanism to ensure that there is no repeat of last season's shambles where they had run out of kits by Christmas and weren't able to Order any more. The result being that quite a lot of people, particularly children, were unable to buy kits for Christmas. The club blamed Nike for this problem but curiously PNE (also manufactured by Nike) were able to Order more shirts ahead of their Wembley playoff final.

I am going on holiday next week and wanted to buy last season's shirt to wear whilst away. I went into the club shop and they are still charging £35 for an adult home shirt. I know this might be more to do with Nike but that still seems a very high price for stock that will be out of date in a few weeks time. If it had been between £20-30 I would have bought one but I can't justify £35.

Although many of them are valid points I also think they are explainable:

No photos yet - the mock up is all the club will have currently as kits are shipped in one bulk order.

Release date - the club will be trying to get the kits as early as possible but it is up to Nike as to when they arrive, let's be honest they are going to ship city, arsenal etc first and also we have only just announced dafabet, kit productions normally begin pre Christmas so we're already running late.

£50 freeze - I was taken aback by that too, so it bloody well shouldn't be any more, crazy as it is.

Number of kits - the club place a bulk order for the number of kits in what sizes etc based on previous sales. It is incredibly difficult to get any more following this unless they are talking thousands. My only guessed re PNE are they have ordered a significant number, particularly of one size and or their kit is a basic Nike teamwear which just involves the badge and sponsor putting on. Ours are bespoke.

Holding price of kit - I know the kits are VERY expensive to the club but I also know they took a new stance when taking back ownership of the shop and merchandise to refresh stock ranges e.g. T shirts regularly, not order too many to avoid being left with useless stock and also to not devalue items as people were just waiting with the Lonsdale kits for a few months until they dropped and it had become a habit. Business sense really.

What are everyone's thoughts on this years home shirt? Surprising the club haven't had more praise for their early announcement, just what we've been requesting for many years! Do you prefer the halves back as they are? It appears to resemble the kappa 2002 kit to me, I wonder if the away will? What are you hoping for that?

Finally: who knew our kits were such a topic of conversation in Italy...

http://www.passionemaglie.it/2014/07/kit-blackburn-rovers-2014-2015-blue-cambridge/

In the interests of being helpful...

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.passionemaglie.it/2014/07/kit-blackburn-rovers-2014-2015-blue-cambridge/&usg=ALkJrhgJOrBcN9k1bd_dxgidO49WbI08rg

I am going on holiday next week and wanted to buy last season's shirt to wear whilst away. I went into the club shop and they are still charging £35 for an adult home shirt. I know this might be more to do with Nike but that still seems a very high price for stock that will be out of date in a few weeks time. If it had been between £20-30 I would have bought one but I can't justify £35.

Whatever the reasoning, that is pretty crazy. Derby County are currently selling off last seasons shirts for £10 for juniors and £15 for adults. It makes sense as they want to clear the shelves for next seasons stocks. Why would you want old shirts hanging around when the new one is out?

• Backroom

That home shirt gets better every time I look at it. The best I can remember, I love it.

Agreed, smashing shirt! And for those saying the away strip is too Utd-y, who cares? It's not a Utd shirt, it's ours and it looks class!

Two away strips in a row I'd be happy to wear with jeans to a Sunday Roast.

Agreed, smashing shirt! And for those saying the away strip is too Utd-y, who cares? It's not a Utd shirt, it's ours and it looks class!

Two away strips in a row I'd be happy to wear with jeans to a Sunday Roast.

David Mellor?

Went to the club shop yesterday. The new training kits are very nice. Majority in navy blue with white or blue trim, with one training top in blue. Although they're nice, they're rather expensive. Excited to see the new kit when it's released.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived