BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't get it...for all their faults, the one thing you can count on is that Venky's will not sell without a fight!! What actual evidence have you seen that anything has changed? Cairney? Yeah we got £3-4m for a championship player who flattered to deceive last season...so what? It was good money!!

So many on here just believe what they want to regardless of what is staring them in the face.

Regardless of whether or not they are planning their exit Venky's WILL NOT SELL CHEAP!! End of.

So, unless the high valuations are met, expect Marshall, Rhodes and Rudy to still be here!! Simple.

We will see !

What a wonderful world some of us seem to live in.

We will see !

What a wonderful world some of us seem to live in.

Yes, imagine living in a world where you actually knew stuff...a place where you could call on evidence to back your ramblings!!

Oh what world that would be!! Haha

Yes, imagine living in a world where you actually knew stuff...a place where you could call on evidence to back your ramblings!!

Oh what world that would be!! Haha

The evidence is all around you - lots of it as well since the season ended.

Some seem blinded by a myth that V's wont sell cheap.

Watch the August sales !

Come on Mani, put your balls on the block.

Will Gestede and Rhodes be here come 1 September ?

I say they wont.

Now now mercer, Venkys don't sell cheap or both Gestede and Rhodes wouldn't be here now.

So let's keep it real pal, they may well sell cheap in the future, but right now they don't.

Watch the August sales !

I say they wont.

Ouch!!! That sounds painful! Ha

I'm not saying they will be there. But I knew the valuations lonnnnng before they were released to the public and Venky's have turned down several substantial bids for both players simply because they did not match their valuation.

Venky's have been that way right from the very start. It's there...staring you right in the face. So unless you ACTUALLY know something then you're guessing with little or no evidence.

If you are itk then fair enough...I'm guessing you're not as your opinion is far too subjective.

Watch the August sales !

I say they wont.

Wow - that is sticking your neck out saying that Rhodes and Gestede - who have been the subject of enquiries all summer won't be here by the end of the transfer window. Where do you get your information from - must be some new source that none of us have ever heard of.

Watch the August sales !

I say they wont.

Hardly a bold prediction.

Every player has a price and those 2 are in demand from a number of clubs, including premier league ones.

I doubt there are many Rovers fans who genuinely believe both Rhodes and Gestede will be here for the season opener.

You just think they will be sold for half a curly wurly and packet a of love hearts.

Where are the signings then, Mani?

I don't know mate...I'm as worried by the lack of activity as anyone. I don't think much has changed in the chain so there is no reason for not recruiting other than finance.

A) players want more ££££. This will ease as transfers slow down.

B )the club is being cautious about expenditure. This is understandable considering the ridiculous amounts of money being spent!

I do think some things will move this week. Furman, Maguire and Kim would be ace considering our circs!!

I don't know mate...I'm as worried by the lack of activity as anyone. I don't think much has changed in the chain so there is no reason for not recruiting other than finance.

B )the club is being cautious about expenditure. This is understandable considering the ridiculous amounts of money being spent!

I do think some things will move this week. Furman, Maguire and Kim would be ace considering our circs!!

Glad you mentioned Maguire, every club was linked to the lad and its all been quiet the past fortnight over him.

All three as mentioned would defiantly give us a big lift.

Personally I am not surprised at the lack of movement - I am sure that Bowyer is trying to get the best quality he can for under £10k a week - which isn't easy at the moment. Most out of contract decent players will be being hawked around by their agents (e.g. Kim) - and probably won't commit until they absolutely have to. The only hope with Kim - is that it looks like we got beyond the agent to actually meeting the player. There is the possible advantage of being in the same area as Wigan (don't know if he has moved to the area or not) - plus he will have seen how well ex-Cardiff players do at Ewood.

Id imagine that we'll do all our transfer business last few days of the window, as clubs wanting our players are holding off and hoping we go back to them, desperate for cash. Similarly players we are interested in will be sat waiting for other offers, knowing that we can't offer any more and are struggling to get anyone in.

Maybe a bigger name manager would have more pulling power than GB, but we'll never know.

Crazy situation, but if Bowyer hadn't been stockpiling goalkeepers, defensive midfielders and poor wingers each transfer and "emergency" loan window then we may have had a better chance of persuading the league we were seriously trying to cut our cloth for FFP.

My best mate is a professional barber, in fact he works at the place where Conway recently did the charity haircut thing... Anyways, he cuts a lot of Rovers players and Wigan players and was sorting out some lad who plays for Wigan today called Taylor... He asked him about Kim's wages and he recons (Taylor) that his wages would be nowhere near £11,500. Sounds like we can afford him but like many on here said, his agent is obviously shopping him around.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club have given him some sort of deadline to accept the offer as they will probably wan't to get the squad together asap and will only make a limited amount of signings.

Ouch!!! That sounds painful! Ha

I'm not saying they will be there. But I knew the valuations lonnnnng before they were released to the public and Venky's have turned down several substantial bids for both players simply because they did not match their valuation.

Venky's have been that way right from the very start. It's there...staring you right in the face. So unless you ACTUALLY know something then you're guessing with little or no evidence.

If you are itk then fair enough...I'm guessing you're not as your opinion is far too subjective.

Mani, you've been around here for a while, as has mercer, and you've never claimed to have known the actual values of players before?

Only a very brave man would go out on a limb with regards to player valuations under Venkys, even Shaw didn't know Rhodes value or he'd have been sold to Hull.

So it's not only a bold statement, it's a rather silly statement if you don't mind me saying so.

My best mate is a professional barber, in fact he works at the place where Conway recently did the charity haircut thing... Anyways, he cuts a lot of Rovers players and Wigan players and was sorting out some lad who plays for Wigan today called Taylor... He asked him about Kim's wages and he recons (Taylor) that his wages would be nowhere near £11,500. Sounds like we can afford him but like many on here said, his agent is obviously shopping him around.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club have given him some sort of deadline to accept the offer as they will probably wan't to get the squad together asap and will only make a limited amount of signings.

My lad has his hair cut here also, good lad 'J' if we're talking about the same barber.

Seems to me that the contract we should be offering any player good enough to warrant it is the exact amount per year that our embargo permits. No bonuses just yet, since I believe if these take the earnings past the ceiling we are in violation. Then when the embargo is lifted (think we have a decent shot at this for January), a contract extension with a likely modest wage bump and appropriate bonuses added, and a very large promotion bonus that perhaps also triggers a contract extension.

Although players like Furman can just get what they're given! Not that he isn't any good, I've no idea, but just that he isn't high profile enough to command it.

Be careful with this, our dear dingle neighbours got stung by such clauses the first time they got promoted, they had a few players with promotion increases including Remco van Der Schafe, a guy they got on a bosman from holland, played about 2 games the season they were promoted which triggered a doubling of his salary making him their highest paid player in the PL despite him training with the kids and completely useless. (I hadn't heard of him either but my dingle finance director told me this info the other day.)

Mani, you've been around here for a while, as has mercer, and you've never claimed to have known the actual values of players before?

Only a very brave man would go out on a limb with regards to player valuations under Venkys, even Shaw didn't know Rhodes value or he'd have been sold to Hull.

So it's not only a bold statement, it's a rather silly statement if you don't mind me saying so.

My lad has his hair cut here also, good lad 'J' if we're talking about the same barber.

I don't know if you could pull old posts on here but I mentioned Rhodes valuation two summers ago. It was never a secret and clubs have known it forever. It just wasn't out in terms of general public at that time. I got shot down by a few then also..

The same thing happened with Rudy and therefore everyone knows the score.

History tells you that Venky's won't budge. Unless something has changed...possibly end of parachute payments? I don't know.

For what it's worth I think both may still be at the club come September.

Oh...and Shaw did know the valuation. He just thought he could do the deal...but that's not how Venky's roll! Ha

Be careful with this, our dear dingle neighbours got stung by such clauses the first time they got promoted, they had a few players with promotion increases including Remco van Der Schafe, a guy they got on a bosman from holland, played about 2 games the season they were promoted which triggered a doubling of his salary making him their highest paid player in the PL despite him training with the kids and completely useless. (I hadn't heard of him either but my dingle finance director told me this info the other day.)

And they got promoted. Maybe the policy worked. A doubling of the sorts of wages the Dingles will have been handing out back then will have been a drop in the ocean to the tv money. I'm not suggesting handing it to every Tom, Dick and Remco though, just the higher calibre (for want of a better phrase) players that we badly want and can't quite get. Not the sort of players who could conceivably only play two games in their first season. But if we manage to get promoted (looking very unlikely), a few wage bumps will be of no concern.

So what are the values of both players Mani?

You know them. They have been actively quoted out...leaked. Accidentally on purpose.

You don't need to test me mate. I'm just a fan who has mates within the coaching set up. I have no agenda. People just get bogged down with conspiracies and can't see the woods for the trees.

And they got promoted. Maybe the policy worked. A doubling of the sorts of wages the Dingles will have been handing out back then will have been a drop in the ocean to the tv money. I'm not suggesting handing it to every Tom, Dick and Remco though, just the higher calibre (for want of a better phrase) players that we badly want and can't quite get. Not the sort of players who could conceivably only play two games in their first season. But if we manage to get promoted (looking very unlikely), a few wage bumps will be of no concern.

Do you trust Shaw to get the contracts right? (P.s. Murphy & Etuhu where lauded by lots on here as being the right calibre of player to bring in...)

I'm not against the idea in general, but I think the agents of the players we are interested in wont be foolish enough to think thats it's likely to happen either.

Archived