BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fracking

• Moderation Lead

Looks like the government have overruled the local council and will be going ahead with this in Lancashire. Democracy, eh?

It's so odd that they wouldn't look for shale gas in the Home Counties.....

• Like 1

More lies from May.

I thought the Corbyn/Trident thing was going to be the "crap politics" of the week, but after her speech yesterday and then this, she's the biggest liar in government at current and that's no easy feat!

Sajid says let's make a country that works for all, and then tells a huge part of the country that their views aren't important.

Own goal pal. We really are screwed. Perhaps I should move to europ..... Oh @#/?...!!

Makes me laugh that a lot of the same people who insist we have virtually open borders (which in practical terms means insisting we have an ever accelerating population) are also vehemently opposed to the very few realistic options we have for providing energy for that population.

Apart from a small percentage of absolute die-hards who totally shun the modern lifestyle and it's high-energy demands, there's a heck of a lot of hypocrites on this. Yeah I want my mobile phone, dishwasher, oven, central heating, kettle, tv, computer, microwave. Yeah we should have no immigration restrictions, child tax credits for 5, 6, 7 kid families. Yeah we need more roads, trains, hospitals, schools. But fracking? Nuclear plants? Over my dead body!!

How do square the circle then? We don't, not if people are expecting a wind turbines (not next to their house) and solar panels to do it.

• Backroom

I'm against fracking simply because Nuclear and Hydro are VERY clearly the way forward. Especially especially for an island nation with many many miles of rivers going through major cities.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The imprisoning of Fracking protestors has been overruled in the Court of Appeal. 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/17/court-quashes-excessive-sentences-of-fracking-protesters

"Since the trio’s convictions, it has emerged that the judge who oversaw their (original) trial has family links to the oil and gas industry. Judge Robert Altham’s father and sister run JC Altham and Sons. The company is believed to be part of the supply chain for energy giant Centrica, which has invested tens of millions of pounds in fracking"

Utterly disgraceful, and corrupt. 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

The imprisoning of Fracking protestors has been overruled in the Court of Appeal. 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/17/court-quashes-excessive-sentences-of-fracking-protesters

"Since the trio’s convictions, it has emerged that the judge who oversaw their (original) trial has family links to the oil and gas industry. Judge Robert Altham’s father and sister run JC Altham and Sons. The company is believed to be part of the supply chain for energy giant Centrica, which has invested tens of millions of pounds in fracking"

Utterly disgraceful, and corrupt. 

That's appalling. A chap I used to work with always said "the game's bent" - and he didn't mean just football.  People talk about corruption in Russia and China and third world countries but this country is as bad as anywhere. It's less obvious and more under the surface here. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

If anything showed up the stupidity of climate change/environmental feelings and policies between various groups it was yesterday's news.

You had the main bulletin headline news with a large segment about the massively negative impact that the  need for fossil fuels has on the environment, then several minutes later (on the North-West news) you had Cuadrilla (Godzilla?) whining about how they want to do even more fracking.

You can't have it both ways. No doubt May will make up another of her infamous future dates and further kick the can down the road - knowing she'll be dead by then (and being childless has absolutely no interest in the future).