BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Extra ! Extra ! Read All About It !

Only a fool of the highest order will not heed the lessons of history.

True. History has taught us pluralism rather than nationalism prevents war. Religious tolerance, open borders and open markets work to intergrate and have led to decades of peace in Europe.

Anyway if British history has taught us one thing, rather than a Great Religious Civil War as you suggested, it is far more likely that Princess Charlotte will marry a Muslim.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is an assumption right, what about people like Branson, Blair etc the list is endless

More of a generalisation than assumption,and I did say 'tend' which is, I think, a reasonable term to use. Not sure about Branson either. Not exactly a left-wing firebrand and a great admirer of Thatcher's business policies

True. History has taught us pluralism rather than nationalism prevents war. Religious tolerance, open borders and open markets work to intergrate and have led to decades of peace in Europe.

Anyway if British history has taught us one thing, rather than a Great Religious Civil War as you suggested, it is far more likely that Princess Charlotte will marry a Muslim.

Assuming it's a 'he' then he'd have to convert to christianity and that would attract some sort of fatwa placed on him by some of the more fundamentalist mohammedans. He'd get bumped off and as they say.. that's when the fight would start. ^_^

While I understand what you're saying (and thank you for taking the time to respond so eloquently unlike *cough*), the fact is there are several left wing news outlets as listed in my post that don't get near to the readership of the right wing press.

That being said, I know that Huff Post is extremely popular and wonder if its online readership competes with right wing outlets (online and in paper).

The initial point I was trying to make is that imo, the country is right-leaning. Otherwise how else would the Tories have got in and UKIP attracting 4m votes? The recent election suggests that Labour only really stands a chance as long as Scottish seats remain in Westminster imo.

On a side note, I recently posted that I find right wing people to be far less intolerant and intolerable than left wing people I've spoken to. And *cough* is the most left wing guy on here...

It could be that the country is right-leaning but then the Tories didn't win anything close to a majority of votes. If you go by election results then you would have to say that the political leanings of the country were constantly changing as different parties came to power. In 2009, was the country left-leaning due to the fact Labour was in power?

Huff Post is hardly a major player in UK politics and that basically leaves Guardian and the Mirror against everyone else. The right-wing domination of the mainstream press is hard to deny. This certainly helps the Tories and harms Labour in elections though to what extent is hard to say.

The vast majority will return once its safe to do so, and some wont, but there would be no need to travel home in engine compartments.

I know! Thats why I said it! I repeat most are economic migrants NOT refugees. From what I can see in the media most are illegal immigrants into Europe. Scrub engine compartments the only way they'll ever go home will have to be in irons.

Anyway what's Putin done wrong? We don't read of many seeking to experience Russian hospitality do we? How about a few setting off for the USA or Australia? China is a super power now so are many migrants heading east as we speak? Europe is a patsy... a soft touch.

It could be that the country is right-leaning but then the Tories didn't win anything close to a majority of votes. If you go by election results then you would have to say that the political leanings of the country were constantly changing as different parties came to power. In 2009, was the country left-leaning due to the fact Labour was in power?

Huff Post is hardly a major player in UK politics and that basically leaves Guardian and the Mirror against everyone else. The right-wing domination of the mainstream press is hard to deny. This certainly helps the Tories and harms Labour in elections though to what extent is hard to say.

Labour harms Labour most.

Assuming it's a 'he' then he'd have to convert to christianity and that would attract some sort of fatwa placed on him by some of the more fundamentalist mohammedans. He'd get bumped off and as they say.. that's when the fight would start. ^_^

Here is a real prediction that I'm pretty confident in. When Charles becomes King one of the first significant changes will be he is corinated with the title "Defender of the Faiths" plural.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3223828/PETER-HITCHENS-won-t-save-refugees-destroying-country.html#ixzz3l1bWwKGJ

Posted in another forum.

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/eight-hundred-plus-attacks-on-refugee-shelters-in-germany/20150907.htm

"Refugees living in shelters and in deserted hotels and motels have been attacked with Molotov cocktails and swastika signs have been painted outside many refugee homes."

800,000, the number they would accept is certainly a ton of people and here, some people thought accepting 30,000 of some group before was a lot.

It's not like we don't already have a shed load though is it? Plus plenty of experience of the incomparability the two main religions are. No mystery to the citizens of many northern towns is it? Plus birth figures revealing that the indigenous population are being increasingly 'outbred' and in time in our democracy which allows anonymous postal votes will be elbowed aside. Cuckoo policies which are compltely evident to the people of Blackburn.

Hitchens piece doesn't give us that warm feeling of giving but it does highlight the harsh reallity issue that most of these people will simply be out for what they can get or to use a scouse term basically "on the rob". As JFK once famously said " ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". I doubt such a thought has never entered the minds of even a hundred of these migrants.

• Backroom

Here is a real prediction that I'm pretty confident in. When Charles becomes King one of the first significant changes will be he is corinated with the title "Defender of the Faiths" plural.

As if they have any real power...

Delusional. The only way that there will not be a religious war in the uk in the next 100years is to give in to the Muslims and accept that we are no longer a Christian country.

As if they have any real power...

They have a constitutional position that means we still have a state religion.

There are 26 unelected bishops in the House of Lords saying prayers and deciding our laws.

We are by no means a theocracy, but the Church Of England should be removed from the political realm in my opinion.

the 2011 census shows 32.2 million Christians in uk

Right, but that doesn't mean their views should get any special status.

Al, Posted Today, 06:00 PM

Delusional. The only way that there will not be a religious war in the uk in the next 100years is to give in to the Muslims and accept that we are no longer a Christian country.

I disagree with your premise entirely, but it sounds like you think war is the preferable option.

the 2011 census shows 32.2 million Christians in uk

Now I dislike religion totally so this might sound something of a contradiction but can we all assume that you do not believe in the basic principle of Democracy.

They have a constitutional position that means we still have a state religion.

There are 26 unelected bishops in the House of Lords saying prayers and deciding our laws.

We are by no means a theocracy, but the Church Of England should be removed from the political realm in my opinion.

Al, Posted Today, 06:00 PM

I disagree with your premise entirely, but it sounds like you think war is the preferable option.

Preferable to being forced to follow Sharia law yes. Who's country is (maybe now it's was) anyway.

Now I dislike religion totally so this might sound something of a contradiction but can we all assume that you do not believe in the basic principle of Democracy.

I'm not talking about Christian voters as a block. That doesn't happen. Christianity is a broad church, the views of church-goers vary of course.

I'm talking about Church of England policy. There is nothing democratic about unelected CofE bishops in the House of Lords voting on laws purely because of their religion and that they have served their diocese for a long time.

Equally there are still 92 hereditary peers - they should be out. We need a secular government and a fully elected upper house.

I'm not talking about Christian voters as a block. That doesn't happen. Christianity is a broad church, the views of church-goers vary of course.

I'm talking about Church of England policy. There is nothing democratic about unelected CofE bishops in the House of Lords voting on laws purely because of their religion and that they have served their diocese for a long time.

Equally there are still 92 hereditary peers - they should be out. We need a secular government and a fully elected upper house.

Much more pressing governmental changes needed much closer to you.... just a few miles North in fact. How about giving them the benefit of your wisdom? ^_^

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/aylesbury-child-sex-ring-jailed-6398013?ICID=FB_mirror_main

more vile evil scum!!!

hang these perverts before they do it again .

No point in that when ever more are heading into Europe pretending to be Syrian refugees as has been reported today .

http://www.infowars.com/muslim-refugees-chant-allahu-akbar-fk-you-attack-citizens-throw-feces/

Darker side of the refugees, I'm no Alex Jones fan but a story is a story, so knock down the message itself and not the messenger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/hungarian-bishop-says-pope-is-wrong-about-refugees/2015/09/07/fcba72e6-558a-11e5-9f54-1ea23f6e02f3_story.html

Hungarian Bishop says Pope is wrong on this, heard some of what is in the first story.

• 2 weeks later...

Read somewhere the other day that 70% of the refugees are men (as Audax's stomach-turning first video would indicate). Now how exactly does that work if they're genuine refugees fleeing potential death? Have they all left their families to die? Of course not, because their families aren't at risk of death. Either they've told their families to stay where they are until they get settled in and can invite them over in a more civilised fashion. Or they've decided screw this I'm gonna be selfish and improve my own life, you'll be all right mum/dad/sister/wife/kids, you'll just be poor.

Either way the massively over-represented proportion of men amongst those travelling points very heavily to this being economic migration. In fact I'd wager its about the same demographic as travelled from Eastern Europe when free movement in the EU got going.

Read somewhere the other day that 70% of the refugees are men (as Audax's stomach-turning first video would indicate). Now how exactly does that work if they're genuine refugees fleeing potential death? Have they all left their families to die? Of course not, because their families aren't at risk of death. Either they've told their families to stay where they are until they get settled in and can invite them over in a more civilised fashion. Or they've decided screw this I'm gonna be selfish and improve my own life, you'll be all right mum/dad/sister/wife/kids, you'll just be poor.

Either way the massively over-represented proportion of men amongst those travelling points very heavily to this being economic migration. In fact I'd wager its about the same demographic as travelled from Eastern Europe when free movement in the EU got going.

Countries that threw the doors open and cracked open the champagne are now cracking open cases of razor wire and pepper spray.

Whoops

Archived