BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the subject matter of "RANT":

I hate cheap aftershave and scent on men. There was one on the train back from London to Preston this afternoon who ponged of Brut.

The guy must have been in his 50's and should have known better. Every time he walked past he left a trail that would put off any fox hound. I hope he is not a BRFCCS MB member.

Why didn't you at least ask Abbey to clarify what he meant by 'they', before flying off the handle?

Nothing to clarify

,if I remember right I'm sure the word THEY was something I was taught when I was about 4 .

I hate cheap aftershave and scent on men. There was one on the train back from London to Preston this afternoon who ponged of Brut.

The guy must have been in his 50's and should have known better. Every time he walked past he left a trail that would put off any fox hound. I hope he is not a BRFCCS MB member.

Sounds like Yoda or AS to be fair

Nothing to clarify

,if I remember right I'm sure the word THEY was something I was taught when I was about 4 .

Yeah, I didn't think you were being racist, and I always expect the worst in this section. :D

• Backroom

jbizz flew off the handle here but it can read in isolation like a 'you people' scenario.

Can we just leave it though, abbey has clarified he didn't mean it in that context, no point continuing it further in circles.

Branston beans, best there is and usually much cheaper than heinz, but i wish they'd put them in tins with peel back lids(ive got 2 tin openers and can never find either of them) seriously i wouldnt mind paying an extra few pence.

Also hienz beans. What happened, they used to be the king of beans but in the last ten years they've just got worst and worst, the sauce is to watery and tasteless and the beans are to firm and tasteless, they're about the same quality as the cheapest store brand beans you can find but still the most expensive on the shelf.

Sorry to get so heavy, but life can't always be a bed of roses

Nothing to clarify

Sounds like Yoda or AS to be fair

Don't use the stuff ABBEY :)

Why is PB smelling men on trains ?

Picking up on the original post. The bit I have always found odd is that Eid is a religious celebration BUT the flashers in cars generally drive around with Pakistani flags?!

Wider issue of idiot drivers on roads. We had an elderly lady run over in a hit and run the other day. Bloke was driving what was a stolen car. Scared for my kids walking on the road by themselves.

Was he wearing underpants?

Branston beans, best there is and usually much cheaper than heinz, but i wish they'd put them in tins with peel back lids(ive got 2 tin openers and can never find either of them) seriously i wouldnt mind paying an extra few pence.

Also hienz beans. What happened, they used to be the king of beans but in the last ten years they've just got worst and worst, the sauce is to watery and tasteless and the beans are to firm and tasteless, they're about the same quality as the cheapest store brand beans you can find but still the most expensive on the shelf.

Sorry to get so heavy, but life can't always be a bed of roses

Don't heinz make them all but use different sauces?

Small Heath Park in Birmingham will today see around 65,000 muslims celebrating Eid, everyone is welcome, its celebrated by lots of different people across all religions.

This thread was started because of the possibility of young Asian lads driving around like idiots in supercars this weekend, when I was 20 I used to drive around in a heap of junk EVERY weekend and nobody batted an eye lid.

Small town vrs Big City :rock:

Small Heath Park in Birmingham will today see around 65,000 muslims celebrating Eid, everyone is welcome, its celebrated by lots of different people across all religions.

This thread was started because of the possibility of young Asian lads driving around like idiots in supercars this weekend, when I was 20 I used to drive around in a heap of junk EVERY weekend and nobody batted an eye lid.

Small town vrs Big City :rock:

Drove along both Ranges today at about 10.30. Talk about quiet, I felt like Charlton Heston in the opening scenes from The Omega Man. :tu:

It was AS. I thought the same, but I thought it better to refrain from reporting the warm feeling of well being that I experienced. Too many on here are a little eager to overuse the 'R' word at the drop of any hat. :tu:

Traffic in Blackburn!

A depressed town with little industry, schools are off and yet it took me over 20 minutes to get from Furthergate to King Street on a Sunday afternoon. Barbara Castle Way was initiated 50 years ago and it's still as desperately bad for the town as she was. I lost count of the bloody traffic lights that I went through yesterday but one thing I do know is that traffic lights slow traffic flow down. As the old election poster from 1979 declared...."Labour isn't working"

• Moderation Lead

Traffic in Blackburn!

A depressed town with little industry, schools are off and yet it took me over 20 minutes to get from Furthergate to King Street on a Sunday afternoon. Barbara Castle Way was initiated 50 years ago and it's still as desperately bad for the town as she was. I lost count of the bloody traffic lights that I went through yesterday but one thing I do know is that traffic lights slow traffic flow down. As the old election poster from 1979 declared...."Labour isn't working"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/13500317.AT_LAST_____Incompetent____decision_on_flow_of_one_way_Blackburn_town_centre_road_set_to_be_reversed/- might help you out!

Although I don't imagine much traffic goes through Blackburn these days....

Archived