BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is The Telegraph Desperate For Column Inch Or What

We'll see. The fans are just starting to get restless. The signs were there against Shrewsbury.

Given enough grief - let's say we are in the bottom three in December - he may even walk.

It's a shame really because he should have been the guy to hold the fort in between managers. Sadly, when he goes we will lose somebody who could have been great for the youth and reserve set up, and lose a reliable caretaker.

Final paragraph absolutely spot on Stuart.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Roversmad anygood? I've always heard it mentioned in a bad way.

i daren't look in case its full of another bunch of miserable manic depressives! I like to think I've a fair handle on the characters on here but just in case. it would be like hacking into the Samaratans messageboard. Or like that Peter Kaye line "where do you get your kicks? Casualty?"

He doesn't lose 3 on the bounce and the crowd don't have the energy or inclination to oust the manager.

I get the impression a lot genuinely don't want to turn on him, nice guy done some good stuff, FFP etc and the fear of it turning into the farce of a few seasons ago. The fear of the unknown after reaching stability is definitely gnawing away at a lot of the punters.

So as we saw the other night the team and certain players begin to get the needle first instead. Chants of Bowyer sort it out, even Kenny, Hughsey and Souey got that occasionally whereas some other less popular gaffers got it in the neck straight away, The players got off virtually scot free under coco and one or two others. His persistence with the over cautious sideways going nowhere football and using Lowe to implement this will more than likely be his downfall at the min I think, sadly the player will bare the brunt of it.

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13628452.Simon_Smith_column__Gary_Bowyer_rumours_do_not_do_Blackburn_Rovers_any_good/?ref=mac

The Simom Smith Column: The apologist strikes back

- the only fans wanting Bowyer gone are the stayaways

- he'll only consider change IF a proven manager DEMANDS the job (logic bypass)

-Bowyer is 1 game nearer the axe LIKE every other manager.....huh?

-lower darwen seems to be the bowyer out epicentre

- Rovers bad start is purely down to rumours and bedding new players in. Nowt to do with there only being 3 in the team and the signings not really being up to snuff

While we are talking about local media...

BLACKBURN based the Bee Radio Station have had PNE news heading their Sports spot every time I have tuned in this week,followed by 'and elsewhere'.

WTF!!! :angry:

They're now based in Clayton Le Moors and have for a couple of years now targeted the listeners in Preston

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13628452.Simon_Smith_column__Gary_Bowyer_rumours_do_not_do_Blackburn_Rovers_any_good/?ref=mac

The Simom Smith Column: The apologist strikes back

- the only fans wanting Bowyer gone are the stayaways

- he'll only consider change IF a proven manager DEMANDS the job (logic bypass)

-Bowyer is 1 game nearer the axe LIKE every other manager.....huh?

-lower darwen seems to be the bowyer out epicentre

- Rovers bad start is purely down to rumours and bedding new players in. Nowt to do with there only being 3 in the team and the signings not really being up to snuff

Utter garbage.. Most fans I know want him out

Adam Henley is on hollow platitude duty in todays LET

"The players are shocked at the winless start"

Creating chances..blah blah....quality in the squad...blah blah.....teams go through this....blah blah......bedding in new players is to blame (though hardly any get picked)....blah blah.....work on things in training (what for fck have they worked on in the last 2 years as it's not done a jot of difference)....blah blah.......I can only see positives going forward....blah blah

Don't get me started on Kevin Wilkins in the fan jury or the Simon "3 columns so far and it's all the fans fault every time" Smith

I don't normally comment on this site, but the Telegraph does get my blood boiling. It's changed from being a good evening local paper, to one that's not worth using as chip wrapping. I stopped buying the rag when it went to a morning edition, and started using the internet version. That piece of rubbish is now completely full of pop-up adverts! I've now been diverted to gambling app sites. Surely this is very dangerous when young children use the site. I e-mailed their "web" manager telling them so, and telling them I have now stopped using their site. Response - NONE! The only way is to completely boycott this garbage.

Creating chances..blah blah....quality in the squad...blah blah.....teams go through this....blah blah......bedding in new players is to blame (though hardly any get picked)....blah blah.....work on things in training (what for fck have they worked on in the last 2 years as it's not done a jot of difference)....blah blah.......I can only see positives going forward....blah blah

Don't get me started on Kevin Wilkins in the fan jury or the Simon "3 columns so far and it's all the fans fault every time" Smith

I try to avoid the LET wherever possible. I've heard many of the player interviews are just rehashed 'RADIO ROVERS' after- match interviews.

Henley says “But sometimes you do need time to gel as a team so in that respect the international break has come at a good time for us, to concentrate on that, and work on the things we’re looking to produce on the pitch.”

Someone better tell him that he should be in Cyprus with Wales for tonights game and not at Brockhall playing cards & pool

WTF Are Douglas Baders on social media?

Talking to myself here LOL

Douglas Bader was a WW2 fighter pilot so I'm still unsure by his use of the metaphor. Douglas Bader shot planes down, even with no legs. But from his comments I can only deduce that he is the one shooting down the social media users opinions.

"Post-Bolton game I saw a lot of social media Douglas Baders voicing the opinion that the game was badly-attended, rubbish and dull."

yet the goes on to say and ultimately agree with those he is attacking

"Watching the game back on Saturday – all part of my rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle – it did look dull and the atmosphere somehow muted."

What an odd fellow

Henley says “But sometimes you do need time to gel as a team so in that respect the international break has come at a good time for us, to concentrate on that, and work on the things we’re looking to produce on the pitch.”

Someone better tell him that he should be in Cyprus with Wales for tonights game and not at Brockhall playing cards & pool

Are the non internationals even in at Brockhall ? This time last year uncle Gaz gave them the week off ffs !

Archived