BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Backroom

I'd love to see May come in. Dogged, horrible so n so. I'd fancy someone of his ilk to compliment Rhodes more than a big lumox flicking the ball on. Never mind these big athletic types. Give me a team of wasps who can play a bit and I'll be a happy chappy.

Can't remember May tbh, but from your description seems a bit of a Dickov-type? If so I'd have him!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't remember May tbh, but from your description seems a bit of a Dickov-type? If so I'd have him!

Pretty much nailed it Mike. He doesn't give an inch. Has a similar goal scoring ratio in England but I believe he was more prolific in Scotland. For what it's worth. It's what this sides needs imo. A dickov, a Thompson, a savage, a Bellamy, a Neal. OK I'm not expecting their talent, but tenacity of that level would make a huge difference. Lowe is the closest we have and that speaks volumes.

Pretty much nailed it Mike. He doesn't give an inch. Has a similar goal scoring ratio in England but I believe he was more prolific in Scotland. For what it's worth. It's what this sides needs imo. A dickov, a Thompson, a savage, a Bellamy, a Neal. OK I'm not expecting their talent, but tenacity of that level would make a huge difference. Lowe is the closest we have and that speaks volumes.

Not sure we need a Phil Neal PV but I take your point!

You're right, we need someone to get them going, fire them up. I'm struggling to remember the last time one of our players got really angry on the pitch!

Yeah sorry bob, Neill not Neal. I dunno where that came from.

It started under bowyer with a bit of fight. If I recall there was a ruckus in the box early during his tenure and Hanley steamed in amongst others. That's half the battle you know. But somewhere along the line that will to fight has diminished. I'm hoping Guthrie might bring a little of that back. He can be a nasty little @#/? when he wants.

I'd settle for a brannigan or a sulley

Sulley was a 'nice' guy, got the impression Jimbo would have shot his gran if needed ! Think Brannigan is working in Asda, Manchester way. Saw him out and about a year or so ago and wouldn't have recognised him had a friend over there not pointed him out (really piled on the weight).

Sulley was a 'nice' guy, got the impression Jimbo would have shot his gran if needed ! Think Brannigan is working in Asda, Manchester way. Saw him out and about a year or so ago and wouldn't have recognised him had a friend over there not pointed him out (really piled on the weight).

Sulley was an excellent penalty taker. Top sack, no problem!

I'd have Phil Neal as well PV!

Speedie, Nicky Reid, Flitty, Batty, Sav, Dickov, someone out there to give them a rollicking or lead by example. I'd have all of them. I'm not asking for much! These type of players not only fire their colleagues up - they also get the crowd going.

Oh for a flitcroft and (if I recall) a good crowd lifting, three minute debut before a red card for an elbow in the face. That's a proper defensive midfielder. I can't see Jason Lowe shagging a pole dancer and keeping it out of the Sun. If anything the pole dancer would be the one taking out the injunction!!!

Has the May link gone quiet? I'd be keen on getting him in, I thought we might have had a look at him whist he was at St Johnstone or Billy McKay at Inverness. Maybe the new foreign coach doesn't fancy him? I'd imagine his wages fit below our enforced cap and his strength and energy could be a good foil for Jordan Rhodes.

Oh for a flitcroft and (if I recall) a good crowd lifting, three minute debut before a red card for an elbow in the face. That's a proper defensive midfielder. I can't see Jason Lowe shagging a pole dancer and keeping it out of the Sun. If anything the pole dancer would be the one taking out the injunction!!!

She would be led on the bed whilst he runs around a lot trying to avoid putting his tackle in

I guess football has just changed for the worse. You'd think a centre half pairing of Hanley and Duffy would have nothing to lose. In all seriousness. They were born to be centre halves. But when you see the likes of Ramos and Pique it makes you wonder what's become of the defensive hard man. Crying shame if you ask me.

Toddy had Rio cowering in the dressing room at either HT or FT at Old Trafford according to Savage.

In the tunnel at HT, Rio ran off after Savage, Andy Todd "sorted it out" I believe.

Rio a tad sheepish after half-time.

Archived