BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Furman was only a released league one player. Wont be too much missed.

So what about Peschi? French league 3 or should that be Ennglish league 2/conference equivalent?

I suspect the french guys wanted peanuts, hence they are now contracted to BRFC at least for a season. One we didn't even bother to trial.

We will not sign Kim. GB has his midfield and his back up now but he'll blame the FFP. If we are going to sign just one player for the maximum allowed wage and he'd come then I'd sign him. Just what we need to freshen it up but it would mean Evans or Lowe stepping aside as a regular starter, it won't happen.

Couldn't really understand the desperation of some folk wanting to sign Furman, fine he got a goal against Accy but he's obviously not good enough... Some were saying it was a shame we didn't sign him... Perhaps it should be a relief?

One thing's for sure is the 2 new boys have the physique for the championship, if we can get Kim in thus adding some technical ability and get these boys to efficiently do the basics then midfield may be ok. We desperately need some with the physique of Petshi to do protect the back four properly, we need some physicality there.

Being big means nothing. You still need some talent. Our midfield has not a crumb of talent as it is. Being overlooked at french level 3 isn't much to go on. The proof will be in the pudding in Petschi's case, if Bowyer looks beyond his pets.

Kim would be a good addition, we have nothing like him at the moment and he could potentially bring a lot to the team. We're crying out for a bit of flair.

If we miss out on him I'd like to see O'Sullivan given a proper chance in midfield, works tirelessly, gets forward with intent and looks like a tidy player.

Being big means nothing. You still need some talent. Our midfield has not a crumb of talent as it is. Being overlooked at french level 3 isn't much to go on. The proof will be in the pudding in Petschi's case, if Bowyer looks beyond his pets.

Bengali has played consistently in the french top division for two seasons.

The other guy left the club in the French second division. They were relegated and don't think he played after that.

The previous transfer thread has gone way off topic and lots of abuse being thrown about so was locked.

PLEASE can you stick to just transfer related talk.

Hi Kamy, have you any further information on the potential signing of Kim or is it a bridge too far for Bowyer, and anything Rovers related from Pune good or bad, Cheers

I haven't seen Kim play so I am going on reputation only but the team we have at the moment is almost totally devoid of flair. Every team needs a playmaker and now that Dunn and Cairney have gone we need someone like Kim to dictate the play.

Apparently Watford are opening negotiations again for Rudy

This is going to drag on

It's got a last hour of the window transfer written all over it.

For anybody harbouring any thoughts of him staying, he 100% isn't. He will never play for Rovers in a professional game again. Its just a case of who buckles first - will Venkys accept a lower bid than his 'price' or will Watford put the money up?

Apparently Watford are opening negotiations again for Rudy

This is going to drag on

They know the price, if they want to waste their own time then it's up to them. From reading the below article it sounds like his agent is making some noise to try and force the club to sell him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/22/watford-blackburn-rudy-gestede-fee

Bengali has played consistently in the french top division for two seasons.

The other guy left the club in the French second division. They were relegated and don't think he played after that.

I'm with you on Koita. He as over 60 games under his belt in the top league and 40 in league 2. He has all the makings of being a replacement for King.

It's Petshi who I think is a Varney-esue making up the numbers signing. His club were not playing in League 2 they finished 1 place and 4 points off dropping into the French 4th tier last season which is called the Championnat de France amateur. He played 22 times last season in the french 3rd tier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Championnat_National(look for Bastia)

The fact that a struggling French 3rd tier team decided to let him go means we should not really be looking at him especially when every squad place is vital. He will hopefully prove me wrong (again) but at the moment he's looking like another Songo'o. I'm not saying Furman was the answer either but surely there are better options as £10k a week is a decent wedge at this level

I'm with you on Koita. He as over 60 games under his belt in the top league and 40 in league 2. He has all the makings of being a replacement for King.

It's Petshi who I think is a Varney-esue making up the numbers signing. His club were not playing in League 2 they finished 1 place and 4 points off dropping into the French 4th tier last season which is called the Championnat de France amateur. He played 22 times last season in the french 3rd tier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Championnat_National(look for Bastia)

The fact that a struggling French 3rd tier team decided to let him go means we should not really be looking at him especially when every squad place is vital. He will hopefully prove me wrong (again) but at the moment he's looking like another Songo'o. I'm not saying Furman was the answer either but surely there are better options as £10k a week is a decent wedge at this level

My worry with Petshi is the potential impact he could have on Lenihans progress. They must have seen something in him to take up a squad place - lets hope he is another Nzonzi or Samba - players that were more suited to the English game and just needed a chance.

Couldn't really understand the desperation of some folk wanting to sign Furman, fine he got a goal against Accy but he's obviously not good enough... Some were saying it was a shame we didn't sign him... Perhaps it should be a relief?

One thing's for sure is the 2 new boys have the physique for the championship, if we can get Kim in thus adding some technical ability and get these boys to efficiently do the basics then midfield may be ok. We desperately need some with the physique of Petshi to do protect the back four properly, we need some physicality there.

You have seen Furman play how many times Neal? Just curious to know. The reason i ask that is, because against some of the Bigger African players like the Nigerians, Ivory Coast and Ghana players, Furman stood out with his tackling ability and willingness to track back and defend. He is naturally a more front footed offensive player, who doesnt mind tracking back. He is much better than Lowe and Williamson from a technical point of view.

Wages are the only reason i can think why he didnt sign, but i dont understand the reasoning for taking them on trial knowing their demands we would not meet.

Quite a few of those Bournemouth lads are 3rd tier players. They certainly showed us they could cut it in the Championship.

I'll judge him once I've seen him play a few games.

Are you going to a few matches this new season Shaun? It would make your comments hold a little more water if you did. Why don't you give it a try?

Archived