BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say on the talent and pedigree front I am that bothered about Furman not coming. However he did look like a leader who could organise people and that made me interested.

If you look down the list of players signed or we have been linked to and there does not seem to be any established leadership material in there.

We really need two experienced heads at least who have the qualities to wear the armband. We only have Killa and hes hardly Genghis Khan.

There is absolutely no point in writing players off without having seen them play.

For some it just all gels together in certain teams and circumstances so I'd never right anyone off

Being big means nothing. You still need some talent. Our midfield has not a crumb of talent as it is. Being overlooked at french level 3 isn't much to go on. The proof will be in the pudding in Petschi's case, if Bowyer looks beyond his pets.

I think the fact he's only got a one year deal says it all about him, shirt filler that's all.

Poor state of affairs.

How many "spare" places have we in the squad ? Once they are taken can we sell a player and replace a player during the season so to speak ?

I'm not quite sure how it works, I can only assume that it's 'registered players, as we had a problem last year when Doneil Henry got injured and we couldn't bring in anyone else. That was also a problem with Best being here even though we weren't playing him.

Anyway, on the signings, I'll give em both a chance, as I always do. I'm more inspired by the Koita signing than Petshi and think that Furman might've been a safer bet in midfield.

Would like to see Kim here though, anyone got any more news on this after he was supposedly at Ewood on Monday?

Maybe. We could have an ownership change in the not too distant future

Not really sure what relevance it has in regards to the last few pages..............ah, it was purely for a, perceived, dig. Nice one lol

It was just a suggestion Shaun. I've never seen a theatre critic write without seeing the show.

• Moderation Lead

But you can summise based on their past? If he isn't a donkey it's happy days. :)

I can't remember who said it, but different players thrive in different environments.

They know the price, if they want to waste their own time then it's up to them. From reading the below article it sounds like his agent is making some noise to try and force the club to sell him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/22/watford-blackburn-rudy-gestede-fee

Hopefully if we want 7m and they're only offering 4m he'll be going nowhere.

You'll note the article is slanted towards the view point that we should let him go for whatever Watford want to pay.

Could have been written by Mercer.

You'll note the article is slanted towards the view point that we should let him go for whatever Watford want to pay.

Yes its almost like you should be so grateful we are interested now immediately sell him for what we offer

There is absolutely no point in writing players off without having seen them play.

Absolutely. **

I had begun to think that that was the reason most people had been so desperate for us to make some new signings and were hanging themselves when we hadn't made any. So that they could instantly dismiss them as **** without having even seen them kick a ball.

** Although that sensible perspective never really applied to Keith Andrews. Lad was tried, sentenced, hung, drawn and quartered before he even got here.

I think the fact he's only got a one year deal says it all about him, shirt filler that's all.

Poor state of affairs.

just playing devils advocate, but by giving one year, its also less of a drain on the accounts, less signing on fee as smaller contract etc?

Ha ha it's probably Gestede getting it out there via is agent and press

We may see a big sulk from Rudy

Can't see that helping team spirit

It's got a last hour of the window transfer written all over it.

For anybody harbouring any thoughts of him staying, he 100% isn't. He will never play for Rovers in a professional game again. Its just a case of who buckles first - will Venkys accept a lower bid than his 'price' or will Watford put the money up?

I thought that as well at the start of the window, but up to press he's still here and we're still paying his wages.

What if we don't budge and Watford won't budge either? Although it's a bit risky I for one hope the owners don't budge an inch on the asking price. Watford can do what they will.

It was just a suggestion Shaun. I've never seen a theatre critic write without seeing the show.

But Al I am not commenting on games. Just that if we are discussing unnecessary squad fillers then a player from the bottom 4 of the 3rd league in France fits the bill. He may turn out ok but it's a long shot. If he takes the place of someone potentially better because the club now turns its attention away from that area of the squad it cannot be a good thing. Whilst it's well within the remit to call Bowyer out for spending a decent wedge on 27 new players only to stunt team development through tinkering, indecision and poor training in that the teams collective mistakes are not erradicated in over 2 years. I don't need to physically stand on Venus to determine from the published evidence that it isn't a nice place to be. Do you believe in God? ;)

But Al I am not commenting on games. Just that if we are discussing unnecessary squad fillers then a player from the bottom 4 of the 3rd league in France fits the bill. He may turn out ok but it's a long shot. If he takes the place of someone potentially better because the club now turns its attention away from that area of the squad it cannot be a good thing. Whilst it's well within the remit to call Bowyer out for spending a decent wedge on 27 new players only to stunt team development through tinkering, indecision and poor training in that the teams collective mistakes are not erradicated in over 2 years. I don't need to physically stand on Venus to determine from the published evidence that it isn't a nice place to be. Do you believe in God? ;)

No.

These 2 signings and the imminent departure of Rudi seem to indicate the end is nigh for Venkys at Rovers, and the end of the club in its current form soon after.

Happy days... :angry:

Why?

The latest accounts up to March 2016 state that they undertake to provide any necessary funding until March 2016 regardless of whether any Bank facilities are withdrawn and for the reasonably foreseeable future thereafter. Whilst I appreciate this is standard accountancy speak/jargon, I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.

These 2 signings and the imminent departure of Rudi seem to indicate the end is nigh for Venkys at Rovers, and the end of the club in its current form soon after.

Happy days... :angry:

I don't get the reasoning behind your statement?

I would say the sanctioning of 2 new signings dispels rumours that we are going to be this year's Blackpool and that Venky's will be out imminently.

In the same way they wouldn't have sanctioned paying off Best if they were heading off soon, agreeing to sign a player on a 2 year deal suggests they plan to be around for a bit.

Just been told that Kim is definitely on trial.

That one presumably depends on whether anyone else is prepared to pay him more than 10k p,w.

If they are he'll be off elsewhere. If not you would hope the facilities at Brockhall etc would swing it.

Archived