BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

The rumour doing the rounds last night before the game at Rochdale was that Kim had agreed to join, subject to a work permit being granted (surely that should be a formality).

Could well have, perhaps misinterpreted from my source but is definitely training with the squad.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say the sanctioning of 2 new signings dispels rumours that we are going to be this year's Blackpool and that Venky's will be out imminently.

In the same way they wouldn't have sanctioned paying off Best if they were heading off soon, agreeing to sign a player on a 2 year deal suggests they plan to be around for a bit.

Is it me, or are Venkys determined to hang around, not give up, do all it takes to restore their pride and the clubs status in the PL?

From reading the accounts, it does appear so. I'll continue to hate on them though, but its a very odd situation right now. One thing and one thing needs to happen, and that is the removal of Shaw. If that happens then perhpas just perhaps things might turn for the better. Blind optimism I suppose, sorry Abbey lol

• Backroom

Kim and Koita are understandable. Koita even more so but Petshi? That's totally left field. I wonder who put us onto him? If he comes off they deserve a medal.

Not aimed at you in particular mate, but this mb baffles me at times.

People were saying our scouts should be out and about in the foreign market's lower leagues for gems.

They appear to have found someone and now (despite chants of 'Bowyer sign him up') it's 'bet he's @#/?'.

He might be @#/?, he might be a star. IMV (I haven't watched him, just heard back from mates and on here) he could be a great find. Hasn't the technique to be great in France but has the physique for sure. Rather like a midfield Samba, potentially? He wasn't good enough for a German B-team's reserves after all.

Is it me, or are Venkys determined to hang around, not give up, do all it takes to restore their pride and the clubs status in the PL?

From reading the accounts, it does appear so. I'll continue to hate on them though, but its a very odd situation right now. One thing and one thing needs to happen, and that is the removal of Shaw. If that happens then perhpas just perhaps things might turn for the better. Blind optimism I suppose, sorry Abbey lol

Have you lost your mind ? VENKYSOUT

Have you lost your mind ? VENKYSOUT

Are you paying the wages? Send Bob your account details.

As for writing of Petshi before he's kicked a ball? Don't bother rising to it Mike. It's just trashing more for the sake of it. Every manager we've had that I've seen has brought in unknowns from time to time.

Didn't we sign Mark Atkins from none league? That's an old one for sure but Stead, Nelsen, Samba, Mokeona, Nzonzi etc etc all came from lower places- so did Goulon, Linganzi, Diawara haha etc!

It's worth the little risk. Another signing (like many since the "partnerships" spending spree) that are indicative of how closely we need to cut the cloth.

Well we have no other option but to view, trial and take a chance.

I might have missed this but what did Gary Bowyer actually say about his two new recruits playing abilities and what they bring to the team.

Atkins came from Scunthorpe for £45k (akin to us paying £1m these days), who were in a league lower at the time "I think". You can categorically say that Petshi's club origin isn't in the same volume let alone the same chapter as any of the players you mentioned. It's like signing a player from Stockport. But as I've said, and it's been conveniently ignored in favour of the stick, the proof is in the pudding and if he proves to be the 1 in 100 who can make an equivalent 4 league step up then whoever found him will have earned their corn.

I might have missed this but what did Gary Bowyer actually say about his two new recruits playing abilities and what they bring to the team.

No idea Jal, I haven't heard anything either

Honestly not bothered where the players come from... If they have been on a trial and impressed enough to earn a contract then we should back them.

I thought people were singing petshi's praises after how hard he work against Accrington?

Did I dream that?

Honestly not bothered where the players come from... If they have been on a trial and impressed enough to earn a contract then we should back them.

I thought people were singing petshi's praises after how hard he work against Accrington?

Did I dream that?

Nope they did

I don't know what he said about the forward, but he said that it would be a massive step-up for Petshi and he was nowhere

near ready for this standard yet.

Something along those lines anyway.

I don't know what he said about the forward, but he said that it would be a massive step-up for Petshi and he was nowhere

well why waste a signing....

Not going to beat Bowyer down but I do wonder why we are waisting both money and a place in the squad on a player that has to make a jump to reach the standard required. For those saying he is one for the future, he is only on a twelve month contract so he hasn't much time to reach the required standard.

Cheers Shaun

The article is pre loaded by someone else whoever it is puts in that Petshi is a tough tackling midfielder. Then Gary says it will take some time for him to build up to this level of football so he ain't good enough but the club have signed him whilst only offering him a one year deal and then Gary goes onto add we've go to be patient with him . Can Rovers afford this playing wise right now.

Cheers Shaun

The article is pre loaded by someone else whoever it is puts in that Petshi is a tough tackling midfielder. Then Gary says it will take some time for him to build up to this level of football so he ain't good enough but the club have signed him whilst only offering him a one year deal and then Gary goes onto add we've go to be patient with him . Can Rovers afford this playing wise right now.

patience lol with a one year deal..who gains from this ?

Cheers Shaun

That's just bowyers way of buying himself more time, the bullshitmiyster rides again

I don't think he put it in quite so stark terms, he hasn't said the player isn't good enough, he's simply said it will take a bit of time to build him up to what's expected of him, therefore a little patience might be required with him.

He's probably trying to take the pressure and weight of expectation off the player, I think they're very strange and risky comments myself though, talk about trying to kill a player's confidence off after signing him. :huh:

Archived