BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I don't think he put it in quite so stark terms, he hasn't said the player isn't good enough, he's simply said it will take a bit of time to build him up to what's expected of him, therefore a little patience might be required with him.

He's probably trying to take the pressure and weight of expectation off the player, I think they're very strange and risky comments myself though, talk about trying to kill a player's confidence off after signing him. :huh:

Certainly doesn't seem to have much faith in him, or at least it seems that way to me.

2/3 years ago we would have been wondering who had actually bought him.

Anyway time will tell, he might end up a dominant CB, if he doesn't make it at CM, he's certainly big enough.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

All Bowyer seems to do there is acknowledge the level of football he's played at up to now. He surely believes he can step up or he wouldn't have signed him?

I suspect it's to take fan expectation of him down a little after we were apparently singing his praises at Accy.

Win win then , should be on peanuts and if he is poor we don't renew but if it's decent we renew simple as that

but when we are under the tight restrictions we are have we got time for patience on a signing

• Backroom

I'm quite excited about both of them, they may flop but they are both unknowns and could take us and others by surprise. Furman may have been a steadier option but he would be very unlikely to be above lower table standard.

I applaud the originality behind both deals

Not aimed at you in particular mate, but this mb baffles me at times.

People were saying our scouts should be out and about in the foreign market's lower leagues for gems.

They appear to have found someone and now (despite chants of 'Bowyer sign him up') it's 'bet he's @#/?'.

He might be @#/?, he might be a star. IMV (I haven't watched him, just heard back from mates and on here) he could be a great find. Hasn't the technique to be great in France but has the physique for sure. Rather like a midfield Samba, potentially? He wasn't good enough for a German B-team's reserves after all.

Exactly Mike. Rovers scouts have been scouted in the European market and looking for players who can play at this level and maybe in the PL.

Rovers/Bowyer have to find good players on a very tight budget now. that's the market we are in.

Gestede in talks with Watford again apparently...wonder if there is any truth in it..

personally i think they will be straight back down..is it purely to play in the PL or for the money...

Alan Nixon is saying the price is 8 million pounds up front

I might have missed this but what did Gary Bowyer actually say about his two new recruits playing abilities and what they bring to the team.

Bowyer has talked about the two new signings on the Rovers player if you subscribed to it I don't know

Alan Nixon is saying the price is 8 million pounds up front

May have been foolish pride but I think venkys actions in not being rolled over by Hull for Rhodes last summer will have stood us in good stead. Other clubs will realise that we are no pushovers in the transfer market when they dig their heels in.

This time last year there were complaints about the signing of Chris Brown from Doncaster because of his unimpressive cv predominantly in the lower divisions in England. Now we appear to be looking further afield at foreign players with years in front of them to develop and improve and eyebrows are raised. It's a step into the unknown. If they do well then everyone is happy. If they don't at least we won't be paying them a few million quid to terminate their contracts early.

Kim hopefully signing very soon. Still think Maguire will sign as well, but need to free up some more wage space for him first.

The remaining positions we need new signings for are:

First choice CM, back up centre half, striker to replace Gestede.

I'm quite excited about both of them, they may flop but they are both unknowns and could take us and others by surprise. Furman may have been a steadier option but he would be very unlikely to be above lower table standard.

I applaud the originality behind both deals

Yes, me too..

Kim hopefully signing very soon. Still think Maguire will sign as well, but need to free up some more wage space for him first.

We've already got our first choice CM mate. He's called Jason Lowe. :unsure:

1st choice CM is already here.

It's Lowey!

(Not my 1st choice, let's be clear)

Edit - bluebruce beat me to it

Out of our current CMs, Lowe would probably be my first choice, or Williamson. Just not Evans

Edit: forgot about Lenihan. He seems very promising, and we've also got Petshi

How do you know this ? Do you have sources? I'm excited about Jim if he signs I really am

We've already got our first choice CM mate. He's called Jason Lowe. :unsure:

I was more thinking about someone to play alongside Lowe in the middle.

How do you know this ? Do you have sources? I'm excited about Jim if he signs I really am

About Maguire? I know GB wants him and the player wants to come. Need to see how much is left in the pot after beefing up the squad before signing him. He'd be at the upper end of our wage limit.

Archived