BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

Sick to the back teeth of it,this is going to be one horrible season.

Maybe we need these to make us enjoy the good times. Just think any plastics under 30 wont ever know what fun being a proper football supporter is.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No excuse for making comments to ESPN. That is poor stuff.

I have no problem with him expressing his unhappiness with the club behind closed doors and even pushing for a transfer in private.

But to take his comments into the world media has wiped out 3 years of exemplary conduct.

But then again, if people at the club - Shaw/Bowyer/Cheston want him out but know Venkys aren't budging it wont do them any harm to have these quotes accelerate his departure.

Our very own Raheem Sterling. What examples our modern footballers are to youngsters!

Petulant, overpaid and lacking either the intelligence to realise what football clubs mean to the fans, or the character to care.

Thought Rhodes was a bit different, but then again in light of his jump from Huddersfield I should have managed my expectations.

The comments on the Venkygraph are pure comedy gold once again

"As long as the money is right, I don't mind selling him. Sure it obviously does scupper our chances of promotion this season"

"What sort of forward line are we going to have with Rhodes and Gestede gone?"

"Even if Rhodes and Gestede both leave, as a team, from the back we are pretty solid and have a very good spine. We won't be fighting relegation, we'll probably still finish mid-table or thereabouts."

"I thought he was anonymous in quite a few of the games last season. He is certainly not the quickest. I'm sure that GB will already have planned for this eventuality & will probably have some Premier League youngster lined up for a season long loan, hopefully somebody with pace."

" At least Venkys are writing off all of their loans to us and we now have to be grateful "

"at least now we have a manager who is helping to transform the club and all of the squad want to see the club successful. We're all pulling in the same direction, we just have to be patient and we'll get there."

"So it looks like we are going to have to get a real gem in the loan market which there's a good chance we can"

" if anything Bowyers ability in the transfer and loan market (Oh the sheer hilarity of it) will be needed now more than ever before"

No excuse for making comments to ESPN. That is poor stuff.

I have no problem with him expressing his unhappiness with the club behind closed doors and even pushing for a transfer in private.

But to take his comments into the world media has wiped out 3 years of exemplary conduct.

But then again, if people at the club - Shaw/Bowyer/Cheston want him out but know Venkys aren't budging it wont do them any harm to have these quotes accelerate his departure.

Seems like he has had his head turned by his uncle (his uncle is at Boro, right?) and his agent has written the script for him to go public.

Goes against the grain as to how he's conducted himself over the last 3 years. Even when the Hull bid was so far progressed he was probably house hunting, only for Venky's to pull the plug late on, he said nothing.

And that was for a Premier League move at the time, now he's kicking off because we won't let him speak to a championship club.

Seems out of character for me but the upshot is, he wants out.

The comments on the Venkygraph are pure comedy gold once again

"As long as the money is right, I don't mind selling him. Sure it obviously does scupper our chances of promotion this season"

"What sort of forward line are we going to have with Rhodes and Gestede gone?"

"Even if Rhodes and Gestede both leave, as a team, from the back we are pretty solid and have a very good spine. We won't be fighting relegation, we'll probably still finish mid-table or thereabouts."

"I thought he was anonymous in quite a few of the games last season. He is certainly not the quickest. I'm sure that GB will already have planned for this eventuality & will probably have some Premier League youngster lined up for a season long loan, hopefully somebody with pace."

" At least Venkys are writing off all of their loans to us and we now have to be grateful "

"at least now we have a manager who is helping to transform the club and all of the squad want to see the club successful. We're all pulling in the same direction, we just have to be patient and we'll get there."

"So it looks like we are going to have to get a real gem in the loan market which there's a good chance we can"

" if anything Bowyers ability in the transfer and loan market (Oh the sheer hilarity of it) will be needed now more than ever before"

Maybe we should start a new thread... "LT comments - deluded simpletons".

Hope you're not tarring all us under 30s with the same brush!

'plastics' being mancs. However you are about to find the true position of BRFC in football. Enjoy :tu:. Us oldies rem being us being a yo yo club between Div's 2 and 3 well enough.

Our very own Raheem Sterling. What examples our modern footballers are to youngsters!

Petulant, overpaid and lacking either the intelligence to realise what football clubs mean to the fans, or the character to care.

Thought Rhodes was a bit different, but then again in light of his jump from Huddersfield I should have managed my expectations.

Exactly. Football is about dog eat dog.

I guess this means we avoid a loyalty bonus payout when he goes.

I wouldn't necessarily rule it out.. All depends upon the terms of his last contract. :glare:

• Backroom

This is the day I've been dreading, I wont lie, I'm absolutely gutted.

Hope he stays but it looks now as though they are both as good as gone, and our season will be over before it's even started unless Bowyer can perform an absolute miracle -- I wont hold my breath.

• Moderation Lead

'plastics' being mancs. However you are about to find the true position of BRFC in football. Enjoy :tu:. Us oldies rem being us being a yo yo club between Div's 2 and 3 well enough.

Exactly. Football is about dog eat dog.

It didn't have to be like this though, did it Gordon? Imagine the position we'd be in if Venky's had taken over and let Allardyce and John Williams et al carry on as they were.

So many teams in the PL have made themselves established clubs with good management. The Sky money now allows teams to punch above their weight, as we did so well for so long.

It didn't have to be like this though, did it Gordon? Imagine the position we'd be in if Venky's had taken over and let Allardyce and John Williams et al carry on as they were.

So many teams in the PL have made themselves established clubs with good management. The Sky money now allows teams to punch above their weight, as we did so well for so long.

Did it hell! What a waste of Jack's legacy. You are preaching to the converted with me K-Hod.

This should come as no surprise to anyone really.

The way the club messed Rhodes around last season was disgusting, amateurish at best and yet Rhodes being the professional he is just sucked it up and got on with it, rare in today's football.

As a few predicted, we're probably going to lose both Gestede and Rhodes before the season starts, you can bet Marshall isn't happy at the possibility of losing those 2 either.

The time to protest is coming, we want our club back. It's NOT going to get any better under those idiots from Pune.

You almost sound like you are enjoying this Theno,really strange.

More ammunition for your East Lancs Utd fookin @#/?! :glare:

We have only played in Div 3 a few seasons btw...we yo-yo between top Division and 2nd tier.Any Rovers fan worth his salt knows that.

The Venkys deconstruction of BRFC continues unabated...shafted since 2010©

Gutted - the last nail in the coffin to be sure I won't spend another penny while Venkys are here.

Don't blame Rhodes one bit. He's been the ultimate professional while he's been here despite this club being run like a school project.

Gutted - the last nail in the coffin to be sure I won't spend another penny while Venkys are here.

Don't blame Rhodes one bit. He's been the ultimate professional while he's been here despite this club being run like a school project.

Absolutely :tu:

He's been the ultimate professional up until today. Unfortunately his decision to criticise his employers whilst speaking to ESPN has wiped out his fantastic conduct beforehand.

He didn't need to go to the media. If he isn't/wasn't happy with Rovers he could deal with it behind closed doors.

Archived