BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is utterly insane how a CL and PL winning manager can have a bad run and get sacked even before the January window - while we had to endure a combined total of how many years under Kean and Bowyer, who had never even managed a club before?

• Moderation Lead

Wouldnt be surprise if Hiddink or Rodgers take over as manager till end of the season

Then Chelsea will make a big move For Pep Guardiola when he leaves Bayern

Can't see Guardiola ever going to Chelsea tbh.

I'd also be amazed if they took Rodgers on, even on a temporary basis, I imagine he'll have to aim lower, like Moyes.

They should never have gotten rid of Ancelotti, cracking manager.

Not surprising that he's gone, but I am surprised at Chelsea's season.

I think that it shows how important a manager is. From winning the league at a canter to skirting relegation in 6 months strikes me as a loss of mental effort.

I'm sure that plenty of newspaper analysis will be done but signs do point that Mourinho has a shelf life of less than 3 seasons before players get fed up of him.

The Carniero incident didn't help matters. It started off their season all wrong.

Can't see Guardiola ever going to Chelsea tbh.

I'd also be amazed if they took Rodgers on, even on a temporary basis, I imagine he'll have to aim lower, like Moyes.

They should never have gotten rid of Ancelotti, cracking manager.

I agree with all of this.

Ancelotti was a top manager and one of the best in Football.

Never understood why they got rid of him or even interfered with anything he did.

Deffo dont see Guardiola going there. Expect him at Man City next season

Hiddink is being tipped to take over temporarily. The incident with the club doctor was the catalyst for this meltdown IMO. She was very popular with the players (especially Ivanovic with whom was having an affair) and Mourinho's behaviour towards her lost him alot of trust and favour in the dressing room. Basically, the players sided with the doctor rather than Mourinho and stopped playing for him.

Hiddink is being tipped to take over temporarily. The incident with the club doctor was the catalyst for this meltdown IMO. She was very popular with the players (especially Ivanovic with whom was having an affair) and Mourinho's behaviour towards her lost him alot of trust and favour in the dressing room. Basically, the players sided with the doctor rather than Mourinho and stopped playing for him.

Hadn't hears the alleges Ivanovic element but had heard a LOT of rumours how unhappy players were even when firm was a blip not a slump. From the off there was noises it was very badly taken. Makes you wonder why Jose did it.

• Backroom

Hadn't hears the alleges Ivanovic element but had heard a LOT of rumours how unhappy players were even when firm was a blip not a slump. From the off there was noises it was very badly taken. Makes you wonder why Jose did it.

An overabundance of pride and arrogance. It's why he never lasts long at any club, the players and board just get sick of it. He'd lost a large chunk of the dressing room prior to him leaving Real, and this season he has horrendously mismanaged his team and overestimated the loyalty of the players towards him.

When all is said and done, he gets a £40m pay off for his arrogance, and no doubt walks into another top job on big money within a few months. He's never really punished for his arrogance so he has no reason to change. When things are going well, Mourinho's your man. When they aren't, he's the last person you'd want in charge.

I'd be amazed if he turned up at ManU - or any other elite club for that matter. Mourinho is too controversial, too high maintenance, and most clubs will decide he's not worth the bother. He's rarely lasted anywhere more than 2 years because he inevitably falls out with someone and is forced to leave under some sort of cloud. All season he's looked as though he would rather be anywhere else than on a football touchline. At 52, he's done it all and is now damaged goods.. I think he's finished.

Archived