SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Love Ranieri; Kante is the best debutant I can recall in years and Okazaki makes me smile whenever be plays but maybe our situation is too raw for me to enjoy their success too much at present.

1) So we all have to want them to win the league?

2) I think they will win it but if they won today it wouldn't have been interesting in the run in.

3) Vardy for me cheated, simple as and I'm happy it came back to bite him.

1) Only if you like football. Other than that no.

2) Balls to an interesting run in. You just watched the ref lose them the title. And :) 'd.

3) No he didn't. He went for the ball after a bad first touch and his momentum took him over a statuesque defender. It's called buying a foul. Pretty sure Wenger trademarked it a few years back. If you want to call any team cheats, put down those red and white pom-poms and take a look at the 'continental style' that Wenger has ready-baked into his team, pop it in the oven for 20 minutes on gas mark 5 and tuck in.

• Backroom

@#/? me that's harsh. 10 men for half a match against Arsenal? Jesus @#/? wept.

Don't worry though, the big winners this weekend will be Man City. Hope you're all happy.

Minus one, DE, minus one.

I have nothing but respect for Leicester, but if they're meant to be genuine title challengers they shouldn't get absolutely hammered just by going down to ten men, Arsenal or not. They clearly had no idea what to do and were torn to shreds. They've never had to go to Plan B this season as they've been extremely fortunate with injuries and cards, but I think we now know there is no Plan B. Vardy reminded me of Rhodes at Rovers during that second half, totally isolated and ineffective... albeit we used to make Rhodes appear that way with eleven on the pitch, let alone ten.

Anyway, there's no need to cry into any collective beers just yet. Leicester have a nice run in and still have every chance of winning the league if they can shrug this disappointment off.

So we all have to want them to win the league?

I think they will win it but if they won today it wouldn't have been interesting in the run in.

Vardy for me cheated, simple as and I'm happy it came back to bite him.

Interesting run in? don't know about anybody else but i would be happy if Leicester won it at the end of Feb, be quite amusing for a few weeks watching the SkyEM pundits make excuses for the "big clubs" and trying to avoid mentioning Leicesters success in the most over hyped league in the world

• Backroom

1) Only if you like football. Other than that no.

2) Balls to an interesting run in. You just watched the ref lose them the title. And :) 'd.

3) No he didn't. He went for the ball after a bad first touch and his momentum took him over a statuesque defender. It's called buying a foul. Pretty sure Wenger trademarked it a few years back. If you want to call any team cheats, put down those red and white pom-poms and take a look at the 'continental style' that Wenger has ready-baked into his team, pop it in the oven for 20 minutes on gas mark 5 and tuck in.

1) I like football plenty

2) the ref nearly handed them the game on a plate today and Simpson threw it away

3) his leg went sideways to kick Monreal and then went down when he made contact

Justice done today as far as the game goes, Leicester deserve to be top as it stands though quite clearly they have been brilliant this season

Anyway, there's no need to cry into any collective beers just yet. Leicester have a nice run in and still have every chance of winning the league if they can shrug this disappointment off.

Leicester represent the little man in the big bad world of corporate sponsored, watered-down, shandy-drinking, softy-southern, armchair football.

Sky TV will now ratchet up the pressure to strotospheric proportions and the plucky Foxes will be chased away from the PL hen house like Boggis, Bunce and Bean. It's a sick sick world. Vardy was the panacea for all that was wrong and he's now going to have to send that Bentley back and Ranieri will now have to go back to advertising Werther's Originals.

• Backroom

Leicester represent the little man in the big bad world of corporate sponsored, watered-down, shandy-drinking, softy-southern, armchair football.

Hmm, haven't Manchester United been the dominant team for the majority PL era? Not sure the South can be blamed for them.

I don't think any team in the Prem represents the type of football you're thinking of, regardless. You'd have to go down a few divisions to find that.

Fair result based on the game, yes. However you could remake platoon from the shots of the Arsenal players chucking themselves to the ground and rolling around.

3 times I saw Sanchez wave imaginary cards at the ref, and Giroud did the same too.

First penalty on Vardy I didn't think the defender moved, so no dive, but no foul. Second on Mahrez, was a clear foul to me, moved his leg into Mahrez's knee.

Soft second yellow card, watch it back and its Girouds reaction that gets the yellow.

As for Alan Smith, was it 2 or 3 challenges he was saying should have been a straight red? Pathetic.

Having said all that, Arsenal wasted a hatful of chances, so could have won by 2 or 3 goals.

Hmm, haven't Manchester United been the dominant team for the majority PL era? Not sure the South can be blamed for them.

I don't think any team in the Prem represents the type of football you're thinking of, regardless. You'd have to go down a few divisions to find that.

Yes, Manchester United, exactly. Southern fanbase, backed by Southern-based media.

Glad we're on the same page, brah.

• Backroom

Yes, Manchester United, exactly. Southern fanbase, backed by Southern-based media.

Glad we're on the same page, brah.

People down here prefer Arsenal chief. Or Chelsea. United's popularity declined once they stopped winning everything in the mid 00's. Think most of their fanbase nowadays are day tripping Asians.

People down here prefer Arsenal chief. Or Chelsea. United's popularity declined once they stopped winning everything in the mid 00's. Think most of their fanbase nowadays are day tripping Asians.

I always think of this fella when you call people that.

good-will-hunting.jpg

I'd like to see the premier league title and relegation battles go down to the last week. It keeps it interesting.

I'm not a Leicester fan nor am I bothered about big club bias. I like watching football.

As for today's game I thought that it was a penalty albeit played for by Vardy. I also thought that Morgan climbed all over Ozil leading up to it.

I've no sympathy for Danny Simpson either. He's hardly someone I respect. He was woeful on loan at Ewood years ago too.

On Leicester I have been worried for a while that if they're still in danger of winning it come the business end of the season they'd start being on the wrong end of some questionable refereeing decisions. Hope today was a one off but I doubt it. They're probably going to have to start winning games by three goals to win them by one.

As for Arsenal, haven't enjoyed watching them for a long time with all the play acting and histrionics which turns a game against them into a virtual non contact sport.

You are joking aren't you. Half of Southern England and most of Ireland "support" them from their armchairs but they still spend money at the store online.

• Backroom

You are joking aren't you. Half of Southern England and most of Ireland "support" them from their armchairs but they still spend money at the store online.

I'll take your word for it, I honestly don't care enough to argue about it...

Villa getting absolutely murdered by Liverpool. Will be interesting to see how they perform in the Championship, no chance of them staying in the PL.

Archived