BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

Complained to Points of view today but prob will be ignored...Wheres Match of the Day coverage of Todays & yesterdays Matches??? ..Norwich Man Utd Sunderland.All critical games.These should be shown on.BBC has MOTD highlights even if Sky has the main coverage...I dont have sky at home but like to avoid the results then watch the highlights on MOTD instead,..BBC have spent millions on a TV deal yet wont cover these really exciting matches...

MOTD seems more interested in Lineker in his underpants than the final run in

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunderland Shirts on tonight.

Come on Big Sam, send the barcodes down!

I like Big Sam.. Hope his team sends Newcastle down :)

West Ham are going to be absolutely massive. Huge ground in an expanding and ever wealthier bit of london.

Theyll be able to compete with anyone on revenue in 5-6 years.

then again, it could all go tits up for them as well.

How has Mark Noble never got a cap? He was outstanding last night. England have a lack of central mids and he easily looks as good as Drinkwater and Henderson.

Probably too late for him to make it now. Shame for him as he has been quality.

Because they would rather play Rooney as a makeshift midfielder to accommodate him.

Because they would rather play Rooney as a makeshift midfielder to accommodate him.

A guy at work said to me this morning "Rooney should definitely be going to the Euro's, i mean he plays for Utd for crying out loud"

So basically, pick Rooney regardless, based on who his club team are.

Yes, he was a Utd fan.

I like the one, "You have to take Rooney".

"Why?"

"......you just have to. You can't not take him".

Brilliant stuff. Take him because of the lack of experience elsewhere if you feel you need to but there's no way he should be starting.

Im all for the new generation, and Im no fan of Utd, but Rooney is beyond doubt quality player and a certain England starter. You cant drop him. Hes on the verge of being Englands all time top scorer for christs sake and we have very little experience in the side.

IMO team to start in the Euros should be

---------------Hart

Clyne---Smalling---Cahill---Rose

----------Alli------Dier

-----Vardy----Rooney----Sturridge

---------------Kane

Subs- Forster, Stones, Walker, Henderson, Milner, Barkley, Walcott

Im looking forward to seeing that team. Theres a lot of goals, skill and pace in there.

Far too attacking and too many players out of position. Spain and Germany would cut through that side at will.

Alli plays with Dier and Dembele behind him at Spurs and I would look to replicate that again. The problem is the likes of Henderson, Drinkwater, Milner and Wilshere aren't great. So maybe play Alli and Barkley and tell one to sit back more. Not ideal though.

Could possibly play Vardy out wide but Sturridge wouldn't work. He's not going to learn to pass in 6 weeks. I'd play Walcott because I've seen him play well for England before. Possibly Sterling.

Rooney hasn't played well at a tournment in 12 years. He can score all the penalties against Estonia that he likes but it's the truth. Like I said, it's a side missing tournament experience so I can see the justification for his inclusion in the squad, but he's had about 2 decent games this season and is probably finished as a top level footballer.

What gets me is the argument "You have to take Rooney for the experience".

Experience of what? Doing nothing once you get to the tournament? Losing? Crashing out at the group stage? Well he's got plenty of experience of all those.

Nevertheless don't expect Woy will have the cajones to leave him out and will attempt to shoehorn him into the side somehow.

Wonder what the chances are of the FA forcing West Ham to play their next home game behind closed doors after the disgraceful scenes before the game yesterday?

Absolutely zero. Wouldn't want to spoil the big party at the taxpayer-donated stadium, especially when Trevor Brooking and Geoff Hurst are so popular at FA HQ.

What gets me is the argument "You have to take Rooney for the experience".

Experience of what? Doing nothing once you get to the tournament? Losing? Crashing out at the group stage? Well he's got plenty of experience of all those.

Nevertheless don't expect Woy will have the cajones to leave him out and will attempt to shoehorn him into the side somehow.

Taking Rooney to the Euros will be just as much Nike, EA Sports and other sponsors decision as it will be Roy Hodgsons,

Im all for the new generation, and Im no fan of Utd, but Rooney is beyond doubt quality player and a certain England starter. You cant drop him. Hes on the verge of being Englands all time top scorer for christs sake and we have very little experience in the side.

IMO team to start in the Euros should be

---------------Hart

Clyne---Smalling---Cahill---Rose

----------Alli------Dier

-----Vardy----Rooney----Sturridge

---------------Kane

Subs- Forster, Stones, Walker, Henderson, Milner, Barkley, Walcott

Im looking forward to seeing that team. Theres a lot of goals, skill and pace in there.

So you basically playing 4 strikers?

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

Complained to Points of view today but prob will be ignored...Wheres Match of the Day coverage of Todays & yesterdays Matches??? ..Norwich Man Utd Sunderland.All critical games.These should be shown on.BBC has MOTD highlights even if Sky has the main coverage...I dont have sky at home but like to avoid the results then watch the highlights on MOTD instead,..BBC have spent millions on a TV deal yet wont cover these really exciting matches...

MOTD seems more interested in Lineker in his underpants than the final run in

Most of it spent on Chris Ego Evans and Sue Perkins.

So you basically playing 4 strikers?

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

Yes! Personally I think it will work fine. Sturridge and Vardy are used to playing wide. I think Hodgson will go for it too. We just don't have quality deeper midfielders and wingers, so you might as well play the strikers.

Yes! Personally I think it will work fine. Sturridge and Vardy are used to playing wide. I think Hodgson will go for it too. We just don't have quality deeper midfielders and wingers, so you might as well play the strikers.

Cant see that working JBN. Personally, you drop Rooney and maybe put Noble there, and 2 defensive mids behind him, Vardy and Sturridge. So play Kane up top, slot Vardy and Sturridge to offer the width, and Noble through the middle. I just think Rooney shouldnt start for you guys.

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

Part of me is hoping Sunderland don't win tonight as we won't get to see Newcastle relegated 'live'.

Glad I didn't watch any of the post-match stuff yesterday.

I turned it off as soon as the final whistle went.

It normally helps preserve my sanity if people like Carragher are around.

• Backroom

Everton keeper is a shocker

Weren't folk mocking Allardyce on here recently saying so much for him keeping teams up?

• Backroom

Weren't folk mocking Allardyce on here recently saying so much for him keeping teams up?

Yep. I would say they should have known better but it's the same people who were desperate to shove him out of Ewood.

Welcome to the Championship, Newcastle.

Yes they were. Very premature it was too.

If you want to keep hoarding the £90million a season that the Premier League offers you then keep Big Sam.

Everton are nothing short of disgraceful and the majority of their players are going through the motions. Martinez was babbling on about the integrity of the competition pre match.

Yes they were. Very premature it was too.

If you want to keep hoarding the £90million a season that the Premier League offers you then keep Big Sam.

Should be written on a thousand postcards and sent to Desai and the Rao's

Archived