SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Ashley is nowhere near as bad an owner as venkys

100% correct. Anyone wanting to put the amount Ashley has spent on NUFC in past 5 years, would be a hero at most PL clubs.

His major failure as far as I can see, is he isn't a geordie.

Having Comolli as your director of football is a recipe for disaster imo. The arch proponent of the money ball system and wouldn't know a decent player if he tripped over him. Is he really claiming credit for signing Suarez? Nothing to do with Dalglish then?

Elsewhere fantastic achievement by Big Sam in keeping Sunderland up. If you want someone to get you out of a relegation scrap there's absolutely no-one better. Equally however if you have ambitions beyond mere survival and want to enjoy watching your football there's probably better options out there as Bilic has shown.

At Everton Martinez is surely a dead man walking. In many ways his team are the polar opposite's to Sam's, easy on the eye and a joy to watch going forward at times but lacking backbone and his teams have never been able to defend either at Wigan or at Everton except when he first took over from Moyes and they still had some good defensive habits.

Having Comolli as your director of football is a recipe for disaster imo. The arch proponent of the money ball system and wouldn't know a decent player if he tripped over him. Is he really claiming credit for signing Suarez? Nothing to do with Dalglish then?

Elsewhere fantastic achievement by Big Sam in keeping Sunderland up. If you want someone to get you out of a relegation scrap there's absolutely no-one better. Equally however if you have ambitions beyond mere survival and want to enjoy watching your football there's probably better options out there as Bilic has shown.

At Everton Martinez is surely a dead man walking. In many ways his team are the polar opposite's to Sam's, easy on the eye and a joy to watch going forward at times but lacking backbone and his teams have never been able to defend either at Wigan or at Everton except when he first took over from Moyes and they still had some good defensive habits.

I'd argue that in the last few weeks Sunderland have been much better to watch than Everton. The hoofball myth doesn't hold up when your main striker is 5 ft 8. Last night they were passing the ball around with very few long balls out from the back. Kaboul very nearly scored after running the length of the pitch.

I'd argue that in the last few weeks Sunderland have been much better to watch than Everton. The hoofball myth doesn't hold up when your main striker is 5 ft 8. Last night they were passing the ball around with very few long balls out from the back. Kaboul very nearly scored after running the length of the pitch.

Yeah its boring winning 3-0. Crowd singing for Big Sam on his lap of honour.

Credit were it is due. Brilliant decision to appoint Allardyce and the entire club responded.

Not sure why so many thought he'd take them down. They might want to start watching football to understand a tad more.

• Backroom

You would have been hard pressed to find anybody saying Sunderland could stay up after they lost five on the bounce in December. At that point I remember thinking (and possibly saying, can't be bothered to trawl back through the thread) that January was a crucial month and Sam needed to be given some money to strengthen that team or they were going down.

Sam was backed, spent well and those signings combined with Allardyce's experience ultimately kept Sunderland up. If Newcastle had given McClaren the boot and appointed Benitez straight after he'd been sacked by Madrid, it would have made things very interesting. They backed their manager with money in January, but it was still the wrong manager. By the time they changed it was too late. Rafa did a decent job in the circumstances but I expect he'll be off now that they've gone down.

If Stone goes Everton may be another Newcastle next season.

The season is over...Sundays final day will be the most boring ever.

No BBC Coverage and so Match of the Days soon to be exposed high earning pundits were no where in sight last night.... They should have been there.doing what we pay them to do...ie some work.

Thought Newcastle played some pretty attractive football coming forward but defensively they were poor. Sam would have sorted that out.

Same goes for Norwich but they couldn't capitalise on the chances they made and they could not defend either. That Bassong!

• Moderation Lead

Apparently Everton have sacked Martinez.

I saw that it was meant to happen within 24 hours (but this might actually happen unlike Hoilett's contract extension), as it's the end of season awards tonight.....

Nonsense, Ricky! The media AND 90% of the Blackburn End say Allardyce only plays hoof ball so it must be true.

It was incredibly predictable but when we parted ways there was only likely to be one of the parties enjoying Premier League football for years to come. Still aggravates me to think of the dimwits that celebrated his removal on here.

Grab him for us..and with .Dave Whelan as well.....If only if only Whelan was in his heyday ..Fond of Rovers you know

Can't organise a defence to save his life. God knows what Hanley and Duffy would be like with him in charge.

I'd take Warnock over him any day in our current situation.

Nonsense, Ricky! The media AND 90% of the Blackburn End say Allardyce only plays hoof ball so it must be true.

It was incredibly predictable but when we parted ways there was only likely to be one of the parties enjoying Premier League football for years to come. Still aggravates me to think of the dimwits that celebrated his removal on here.

I didn't celebrate his sacking but with normal owners i think we could have got a manager to take us on, similar to what Hughes and Souness did. There is no arguing that Big Sam's side were hard on the eye towards the end of his reign here.

However, our lunatic owners made the decision look suicide, but we all know what was going on behind the scenes.

I would say that Newcastle and West Ham fans have similar feelings towards Big Sam that some of us had towards the end. Right now we would be in dreamland if he managed here though.

• Moderation Lead

Can't organise a defence to save his life. God knows what Hanley and Duffy would be like with him in charge.

I'd take Warnock over him any day in our current situation.

Gordon? IF that is you, you're not banned any more FYI! ;-)

Not surprised Martinez got sacked. Everton were terrible last ngiht, particularly in defence. They looked like they were going to concede every time Sunderland came forward and basically gifted them the game. pathetic display really.

Archived