BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Get Away With £8M Fine. Fup At Its Best

I'm seething. We sit around like mucks getting on trying to get our books in order and QPR, a club which virtually self-destructs every transfer window is allowed to walk scot-free for a "fine" of just £8m. That is so unfair, you couldn't make it up. £8m is nothing in today's game. So, as I read it, they pay the fine and continue to spend cash on new players while we're sitting on our arses complying to the FL's every request.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-set-settle-financial-fair-6220997

What do you make of this travesty?

Disgusting but no surprise. It's actually a worse punishment than I was expecting. More annoying is that this doesn't help our cause and FFP will still stand.

All we had to do was appeal though and we would have had a small fine to pay. Makes a mockery of Parson's assertion that Venkys are being prevented from spending money.

I'm seething. We sit around like mucks getting on trying to get our books in order and QPR, a club which virtually self-destructs every transfer window is allowed to walk scot-free for a "fine" of just £8m. That is so unfair, you couldn't make it up. £8m is nothing in today's game. So, as I read it, they pay the fine and continue to spend cash on new players while we're sitting on our arses complying to the FL's every request.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-set-settle-financial-fair-6220997

What do you make of this travesty?

It seems to be a speculative article to me with nothing confirmed either way. I caught a bit about the upcoming hearing yesterday on 5 Live but didn't hear the full report.

If it is true then Rovers should be all over it and perhaps look for compensation for restraint of trade (or whatever).

Do you think they will? I don't.

I really don't know Stuart. I sincerely hope they do but will they even find out about the QPR situation. The stooges at Ewood will have to advise them and there might be another operation arse cover from Shaw et al.

I would nominate Kamy though his Pune contact to give it to them, chapter and verse.

Do you think they will? I don't.

I don't think they should mount a challenge and pay the fine now seeing as were so close to satisfying FFP anyway.

I dont think anyone expected QPR to get away so lightly tbh and the FL to @#/? their pants when a legal challenge came their way. This FFP thing has been a farce right from the start

I don't think they should mount a challenge and pay the fine now seeing as were so close to satisfying FFP anyway.

I dont think anyone expected QPR to get away so lightly tbh and the FL to @#/? their pants when a legal challenge came their way. This FFP thing has been a farce right from the start

??

Satisfying FFP? This isn't a one off. We will never be able to sign decent players because we won't be able to afford them without failing FFP again. Don't let the increased loss threshold fool you. That's just to help out relegated PL clubs due to the new TV deal.

Getting out of FFP (when we sell Rhodes btw) is not good news, it's just the end of any quality. FFP has made Venkys money pointless. Even without a formal embargo we are still restricted as though we are.

It has opened up the flood gates - £8m is a drop in the ocean to the riches of getting promoted - any owner that wants to spend big can do, knowing that the cost is only £8m. It is an absolute joke - the only way to impose true FFP is to get the Premier League to punish clubs that get promoted with huge losses - but that is never going to happen.

??

Satisfying FFP? This isn't a one off. We will never be able to sign decent players because we won't be able to afford them without failing FFP again. Don't let the increased loss threshold fool you. That's just to help out relegated PL clubs due to the new TV deal.

Getting out of FFP (when we sell Rhodes btw) is not good news, it's just the end of any quality. FFP has made Venkys money pointless. Even without a formal embargo we are still restricted as though we are.

Future losses are over a three year period - so they could easily take a huge gamble and spend big hoping they get promoted in the three year period. Though after that we would be well and truly £$%"$% i we didnt get promoted.

It has opened up the flood gates - £8m is a drop in the ocean to the riches of getting promoted - any owner that wants to spend big can do, knowing that the cost is only £8m. It is an absolute joke - the only way to impose true FFP is to get the Premier League to punish clubs that get promoted with huge losses - but that is never going to happen.

The idea of Financial Fair Play in football has been a joke since the Glazers leveraged takeover of Manchester United. I've little problem with owners chucking their money around providing it's given and not loaned. There should be nothing stopping a lucky fan having their club live the dream. The ideal version of that is Rovers or Stoke where a fan of the club had money to throw at it (although I don't see Stoke winning it somehow) yet we were vilified for it. The other factor is the cavernous (and widening) difference in prize money between the PL and Championship combined with the ability to move between the two. How can that be fairly managed? Makes you wonder if Gartside was right with his two-tier franchised PL scenario for those 10 clubs who would be caught in the gap.

Future losses are over a three year period - so they could easily take a huge gamble and spend big hoping they get promoted in the three year period. Though after that we would be well and truly £$%"$% i we didnt get promoted.

Is there anything about this last five years that suggests they will go for it? I can't see it. Possibly Balaji on his own might be a Fernandez type but with Desai holding veto because she likes "nice men" we are caught dithering between two stools.

Shaw won't be making to many waves on this because the current restrictions fits in well with Venkys current 'business model' to pay nothing for players and sell all our assets......

??

??

Don't be hysterical. Gestede and Conway together cost £300k.

??

Don't be hysterical. Gestede and Conway together cost £300k.

Not hysterical in my opinion, the cost is irrelevant, has the squad been devalued quality wise, will the present squad produce the goods on the pitch.

Will GB produce the goods in motivating the team selected to fight tooth and nail for a result.

Yesterday was like a re run of last season.

Absolutely outrageous if it proves true. And yet at least half of us expect the club to do nothing in response to this blatant miscarriage of justice.

HOWEVER. I have to wonder...we might not make moves to challenge it, but what about Forest? And if they do, surely we will absolutely have to follow suit. Perhaps a joint action beckons.

A qpr supporting friend of mine said he read on a forest forum that both us and forest were offered the same terms as qpr to exit the embargo but both clubs turned it down.

Surely that couldn't even work? Get out of the embargo by losing a further £8m?

Incidentally forest are flogging Lansbury to the dingles for £4m.

• Moderation Lead

I think someone else made the point, but how daft us it to punish a team for financial losses with an £8M fine?!

What does that fine pay for anyway??

A qpr supporting friend of mine said he read on a forest forum that both us and forest were offered the same terms as qpr to exit the embargo but both clubs turned it down.

I can see why it would be a bit galling to work so hard to get within touch of being out of the embargo only to be told give us that money you got for your players and we will let you out.

I think someone else made the point, but how daft us it to punish a team for financial losses with an £8M fine?!

What does that fine pay for anyway??

Hotels, prossies, coke and the bookies, they waste the rest.

Archived