BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capital One Cup - 1St Round - Shrewsbury (H)

Madon

This wasn't a team performance. There were simply 11 (14 if you count the subs) individuals out there running their socks off - for themselves. No cohesion, no game plan, no teamwork, no ideas, no result.

The biggest cheer of the evening was sadly when Brown was hauled off - what that lad gets paid is at least three zeros too much each week. Shrewsbury did exactly what Scunthorpe did to us last year just kept their heads, kept plugging away and used our frailties against us.

It is going to be a very cold and disappointing season if that is anything of a barometer. And yes, I was there.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Bowyer is going nowhere DE, we all know that, its not even worth discussing.

The only way to get rid of Bowyer is to get rid of Venkys.

Venkys look at £900k for 2 players, sold for 9M:

Garys doing a great job, keep up the good work.......

I'm amused that you think we can't shift Bowyer (may be right), but that we can shift Venkys. Gav - they don't CARE what we think. At all. They'll sell the club when or if it suits them. Us trying to force them out will put us in the same category as Gibson ringing them to persuade them to sell Rhodes.

Venkys are the problem, people will get the message soon enough.

You should never want your side to lose, thats just stupid.

If it's a means to an end it makes sense, anything else is sentimental clap trap as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah we all OBVIOUSLY know the Venksters are the problem, but they don't seem to be going anywhere atm.

Brown and Delfouneso to score tonight

Mystic Chad ...

If anyone comes on here and saw anything other than crap tonight then I'm gonna ring the asylum because no words can describe the crap offered tonight . If I say I'm buying a 1st rd ticket next season someone hit me with a baseball bat .

Bowyer is the most uninspiring manager I've seen . Hands in pocket or hands behind back offering no instructions . He's got to go !!!!!!

• Backroom

Results have arguably never mattered to Venky's. Look at Steve Kean - he took us down and even then ended up resigning as opposed to being sacked.

Berg and Appleton were both binned because Shaw and Singh were being childish. Bowyer has the job for as long as he wants it, or until he stops making profits on players.

After the first round draw was made:

The newly promoted Shrews will attempt to become the third League One outfit in as many years to knock Rovers out of the first round of the competition.

And Bowyer has hinted that, unlike in the shock losses to Scunthorpe United and Carlisle United, he will not rotate his squad.

Its going to be a tough game because Shrewsbury got promoted and Micky Mellon has done a fantastic job, Bowyer said of the tie, which will take place in the week beginning August 10.

But well have a look at it and see what were going to do with that.

Last year we gave quite a few of the youngsters a game, and mixed it up, and we suffered because we got knocked out by Scunthorpe.

Thats two years on the trot and thats not something well want to repeat this time.

How'd that work out Gaz. Game-plan, structure - forget it. Makes it up as he goes along.

Anybody who has Shrewsbury to win this one is so pessimistic it's unbelievable. If Rovers don't go through I'll not post on here for a year.

Well worth getting knocked out bye bye

It could be worse, we could be Brentford

Why ? What difference is there in getting knocked by one or ten goals

That tonight , was an insult to Shrewsbury, an insult to those who wasted their time and money attending and an insult to the badge.

Bowyer strolled on the touchline like he was contemplating sending his suit to the dry cleaners

First half totally forgetful , with rovers lacking any game plan or sustained effort.

Second half no better bar a couple of good efforts from Koita.

It maybe only the league cup, but tonight that was a team from top to bottom going through the motions , who could not care less.

Saturday is D-Day for me, if we lose, we I cant see how we pick the tempo up or indeed turn this squad into a team that can sustain its championship status with Mr Clueless sat in the dug out.

Only postive is I got home in time for a curry

I went and bought my Huddersfield ticket before (God help me). Same story again though, with there being an isolated striker up front, and countless pointless passes between the midfield and defense. The build up play was incredibly slow, and when we did play it the strikers, it was very predictable. I think tonight was the turning point though. The chorus of jeering at the end all but drowned out a respectable Shrewsbury following.

It maybe only the league cup, but tonight that was a team from top to bottom going through the motions , who could not care less.

Before the game they were showing videos of previous League Cup matches/wins/goals, bigging up our special memory of this competition from 2002.

Meanwhile, Bowyer was reading from a different script - probably one contains pound and percentage signs.

Our media team must wonder why they bother some days.

Enjoy your curry.

That tonight , was an insult to Shrewsbury, an insult to those

Bowyer strolled on the touchline like he was contemplating sending his suit to the dry cleaners

I could agree more. On top of that, the only communication onto the pitch tonight, was aimed at the officials. I think I saw one instruction aimed at the players tonight, which was a hand wave on.

I don't think Bowyer has had the support of the dressing room for a while now.

Too many changes to the team and tactics, leaving out players who would make a difference (Dunn, King, Killa, Judge) and talking about player values every week.

I really can't understand Bowyer, if you lose your 1st game of the season at home, then surely you should be putting out

a strong side in the next game regardless of whether it's the league cup against lower league opposition or not.

All he has done tonight is put himself under more pressure and imo he deserves all he gets.

Archived