BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

I disagree, Fulham won, Bristol city won, preston won and mk dons won, all in and around us with our goal difference dropping again.

We only need there to be three worse teams than us. We've just played the top two and they've made up no ground on us at all. They still have those two to play so unlikely to get points from those games.

We really are struggling anyone thinking anything else is deluded

The players Lambert has brought in are atrocious

never thought I'd say it but we are worse than under Bowyer at least we had a goalscorer whose record was 4 times better than the dross 3 strikers whom Lambert has signed

• Like 1

We really are struggling anyone thinking anything else is deluded

The players Lambert has brought in are atrocious

never thought I'd say it but we are worse than under Bowyer at least we had a goalscorer whose record was 4 times better than the dross 3 strikers whom Lambert has signed

Writing off new players as dross, based on very little.

Watt was courted by other clubs and has ability - if we can ensure his attitude remains in check it sounds like we have a good one

In the end we might well look back on this season and regard sacking Bowyer as the difference between relegation and staying in this division.

That 9 point "mini-haul" from Lambert's first 3 games looks like a dead cat bounce at the moment but its the only thing separating us from the bottom three.

Writing off new players as dross, based on very little.

Watt was courted by other clubs and has ability - if we can ensure his attitude remains in check it sounds like we have a good one

Based on little lol check all their stats...

Gomez the best of a bad bunch

• Backroom

In the end we might well look back on this season and regard sacking Bowyer as the difference between relegation and staying in this division.

That 9 point "mini-haul" from Lambert's first 3 games looks like a dead cat bounce at the moment but its the only thing separating us from the bottom three.

Sacking bowyer was 100% the correct decision

The choice of replacement still in the balance but I think it will work out - I hope

Edited by Tom M

Ive had a gut feeling since Lambo(y) arrived that we would be OK and to be honest I still feel we'll be ok. But I will admit to feeling twitchy.

I ve professed patience and we need to hold our nerve just now or we'll just put extra pressure on the team if we start getting tetchy.

But Venkys need to take a look at them selves and start investing. The decline in quality of the squad under their ownership is unacceptable.

We've got a decent management team in place, so its time to start backing them.

Edited by BlueMonday

That's the phrase I was looking for "dead cat bounce" - usually used in stock market context after a large fall in share prices but describes perfectly the false dawn and hope in the first few weeks after Lambert arrived.

Dead cat bounces are usually followed in the stockmarket but further falls that are deeper and last longer than the first one - and we appear to be in that phase now. The problem is, where is the market bottom - when we sink into the bottom 3 ?

For me, Lambert has one more game to show he can turn the corner. The performance at Middlesbrough showed the potential so I'll forgive him yesterday because of the injuries. Assuming those players return in midweek, Lambert has to get it right against Fulham and deliver 3 points.

Otherwise I think he'll be seen as a busted flush.

Edited by jim mk2

Problem is 47 Lambert is the 'MANAGER' the vast majority of fans were more than happy to see appointed and firmly believed we could push on under his tenure...I was definitely one.He came in like a breath of fresh,exuding an air of belief and confidence

Early days but so far the unthinkable has happened and the team is regressing,I'm as utterly baffled as most,total frustration.The Club cant seem to do right for doing wrong at the moment but we ALL realise that's coming from the top.

:o

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

Problem is 47 Lambert is the 'MANAGER' the vast majority of fans were more than happy to see appointed and firmly believed we could push on under his tenure...I was definitely one.He came in like a breath of fresh,exuding an air of belief and confidence

Early days but so far the unthinkable has happened and the team is regressing,I'm as utterly baffled as most,total frustration.The Club cant seem to do right for doing wrong at the moment but we ALL realise that's coming from the top.

:o

Totally identify with everything you've written there. Maybe it's as simple as Vinjay says----the owners are cursed!

By the way, they are cursed by me----everyday!

• Like 4

Today's problems have been a long time coming.

Lambert has inherited a position similar, or perhaps even worse, than the likes of Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee, Howard Kendall and Graeme Souness did.

I honestly thought he would get more out of the present crop - perhaps it just underlines the depths we've sunk to and the dross we've accumulated.

There is no chance of us going down with Lambert in charge.

Remember, the darkest hour is just before the dawn !

• Backroom

Today's problems have been a long time coming.

Lambert has inherited a position similar, or perhaps even worse, than the likes of Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee, Howard Kendall and Graeme Souness did.

I honestly thought he would get more out of the present crop - perhaps it just underlines the depths we've sunk to and the dross we've accumulated.

There is no chance of us going down with Lambert in charge.

Remember, the darkest hour is just before the dawn !

Stop cursing us ffs.

• Like 1

To get the full 100% it should have been done much earlier LOL

True. The season (as far as thinking top 6) was over before the new manager came in - after 3 wins in 16.

It was always (and still is) all about next season and as far as that's concerned it makes little difference in real terms whether we finish 21st or in the lofty heights of 12th.

There are some dross teams down at the bottom of the division that should ensure that we'll only need to scrape a few more points here and there - which should be easy enough as no matter how bad we've been we've rarely been dominated entirely by the opposition like some of those other aforementioned dross teams that have taken a few absolute spankings.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

True. The season (as far as thinking top 6) was over before the new manager came in - after 3 wins in 16.

It was always (and still is) all about next season and as far as that's concerned it makes little difference in real terms whether we finish 21st or in the lofty heights of 12th.

There are some dross teams down at the bottom of the division that should ensure that we'll only need to scrape a few more points here and there - which should be easy enough as no matter how bad we've been we've rarely been dominated entirely by the opposition like some of those other aforementioned dross teams that have taken a few absolute spankings.

This.

The problem is and I was guilty of this myself, was that with those early wins, we started to sniff the play offs and it peaked our ambitions with promises of a new dawn.

Today's problems have been a long time coming.Lambert has inherited a position similar, or perhaps even worse, than the likes of Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee, Howard Kendall and Graeme Souness did.I honestly thought he would get more out of the present crop - perhaps it just underlines the depths we've sunk to and the dross we've accumulated.There is no chance of us going down with Lambert in charge.Remember, the darkest hour is just before the dawn !

I absolutely agree with your first 3 sentences!

This.

The problem is and I was guilty of this myself, was that with those early wins, we started to sniff the play offs and it peaked our ambitions with promises of a new dawn.

We'd no chance of the play-offs at any point. Just look at the squad when Lambert came in. There may have been three teams worse than us at the start of the season but I'd be hard pressed to name them then.

• Like 1