BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

It looked earlier in the season like him and Duffy did not get on I think Lambert sorted them out and now they look like a partnership.You dont need to be best friends to work together just need to be professional and get on with it.

You been listening to Ronaldo's press conference? lol

• Backroom

Don't think any of us can be certain that it is their own money they have put in, or whether it is is loans from the Bank of India, etc. That's all.

We know at least part of it is covered by the BOI. There were rumours that the JR money came from Balaji's personal stash, though I don't know if that was ever confirmed.

He's right. Grant really seems to have matured this season into a much more reliable, level-headed player. Long may that continue.

• Like 1

• Backroom

The bottom 3 all have home games this weekend

Bolton home to Burnley

Charlton home to Reading

Rotherham home to Brentford

You could expect a couple of them to win so we really could do with something from our game to keep the gap open

I fully expect Lambert to be given the Rhodes money and abit more.

Lambert would have sought assurances from the owners about the cash that is available come this summer before he even signed here as a manager.

Lambert came here to get this club promote and to get this club promote to the PL.

Plus why would Venkys have got us out of embargo and allowed us to spend money come this summer?

WHAT MONEY ?

The bottom 3 all have home games this weekend

Bolton home to Burnley

Charlton home to Reading

Rotherham home to Brentford

You could expect a couple of them to win so we really could do with something from our game to keep the gap open

I can't see Bolton beating Burnley. A draw will be the best they can get.

But Charlton and Rotherham are both more than capable of springing wins from their games. Reading and Brentford have nothing to play for (other than the cup) and those are the sort of games where sides fighting relegation need to put 3 points on the board.

Whatever they do, a win for us is essential when you consider our upcoming fixtures after that. Middlesbrough at home, Burnley away, Birmingham at home and Ipswich away are all tricky fixtures, and whilst we are capable of picking up wins from some of them wouldn't want to be in a position where we have to.

We needed that win to keep the gap at the bottom.

Getting towards that time of the season when clubs at the bottom start running out of games to catch up but our points total is still low enough for us to go down if we go on another run like that one either side of Christmas.

• Backroom

Still only 8 points above the bottom 3 but then it's 12 points to the team second bottom.

Importantly we are now 5 points ahead of today's opponents at one point today we would have sat in the position above the drop zone and a point behind MK Dons

Massive win really

• Like 1

Both Rotherham and MK Dons winning. A bad day gets worse............................

I think we're going to be fine. We played a so-called top team today no matter who they might be and only for the referee should have easily got at least a point. We played Boro, another "top team" and won. I'm not even worried about relegation any more, I'm more worried about if Venky's back Lambert. I'd hate them not to, us further stagnate and Lambert end up leaving.

Both Rotherham and MK Dons winning. A bad day gets worse............................

Let's not be silly. We will be fine, today proved we are far too good to suggest we could go down. I look forward to next year when we are discussing the play offs. In Lambert we trust.

• Like 1

They are 5 and 7 points behind and we have a game in hand

Still have to play at Rotherham, Lose there .......

Pregnant with doom