BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Henley, a fullback who was told it's his last chance. A player who has been dropped by every manager he's played under.

What does Coyle do? Play him out of position.

Let's limit an already terribly limited player. Well done that's the answer.

Lowe, a player that's not good enough to play in his preferred position. A player that's been dropped by every manager he's played under. A player that had a long lay off.

What does Coyle do? Makes him captain.

Terrifying.

• Like 1

Would go as far to say that the first half was as bad as anything I've seen in 50+ years watching Rovers.

We were an absolute shambles.

If Norwich hadn't have eased back it could have been 6 or 7.

We are in huge, huge trouble. We don't even look fit and look totally disorganised, never mind the poor quality of footballers at our disposal.

Edited by Mercerman

On the one hand, will Marshall and Duffy sign, on the other hand would they be offered improved deals on the back of such performances?

They are both ordinary players at best and that is arguably being generous on the basis of their contributions over a 46 game season - particularly in the case of Marshall who usually looks like he can't be arsed. Duffy at least gives it his all every game but is error prone and just isn't very good. A sad indictment when they're considered our "star" players.

• Like 2

They are both ordinary players at best and that is arguably being generous on the basis of their contributions over a 46 game season - particularly in the case of Marshall who usually looks like he can't be arsed. Duffy at least gives it his all every game but is error prone and just isn't very good. A sad indictment when they're considered our "star" players.

It's all relative.

On the one hand, will Marshall and Duffy sign, on the other hand would they be offered improved deals on the back of such performances?

1 They are head and shoulders above anyone else we're likely to recruit under Venkys.

2 A good manager with a good team can get capitalize on players strengths, hide their weaknesses and get the total being more than the sum of it's parts. Not that we have that manager mind.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Marshall and Duffy. How many other Chumpionship sides would they get in.......not many.

In any other game today Marshall would have been head and shoulders above all as the worst player on the pitch, saved by the likes of Henley today

Would go as far to say that the first half was as bad as anything I've seen in 50+ years watching Rovers.

Worst managerial debut I think I've ever seen in all my time watching football.

New manager bounce, more like a new manager implosion.

Whilst I agree we were abysmal there are still a number of other teams with equally poor if not worse teams. The only advantage we have over them us a proven goal scorer, which could well be the deciding factor.

I thought Marshall was dreadful today, not that that's a great change from when he's played as an attacker. Duffy tried hard but he characteristically made a number of errors. Henley is beyond woeful, the way he got himself square on for the first was embarrassing. Lowe was at fault for the first, giving the ball away in a dangerous area and both he and Duffy were culpable for Hoolahans as they both could have covered the space before the ball was passed to him.

Edited by Lancaster Rover

The EFL game at Mansfield on Tuesday will be a good barometer as to our capabilities. My bet is we'll be playing them in two years time anyway along with the likes of Accy etc.

I can't see that happening in 2 years tine, unless Accy have failed to get promotion by then. For the first time in our history, I think we are heading for the fourth tier. Year on year we get steadily worse and the inevitable relegation this year, could quite easily turn into another one the year after.

Edited by 1arC
  • Like 1

The EFL game at Mansfield on Tuesday will be a good barometer as to our capabilities. My bet is we'll be playing them in two years time anyway along with the likes of Accy etc.

Going off yesterday it won't be that long.

I've got us at 10/3 to go down this year and I feel like I've completely mugged off the bookies at that price.

I was at a work's event yesterday and it was only when my brother text me at half-time saying "how bad are you?" that I remembered we were playing.

Any other year I could probably tell you who our first 6 games were against. Now I don't even know who our next opponent is.

Very long season ahead.

Accy will be a division above us while the dingles will be a well-established mid-Premier League outfit like we were until we got Venky'ed.

Barnsley, who are supposed to be 'one of those teams' that will be as poor if not worse than Rovers this season and who we are hoping on finishing above to survive, are set to receive 15% of the John Stones to Man City fee. This should see them land in excess of £7.5 million.

I wonder if 'little' Barnsley will moan about 'not being able to compete', having to 'cut their cloth' and 'adhere to FFP rules'.

Or alternatively they will be delighted to receive such a financial boost and wisely reinvest the proceeds into improving their squad whilst we bobble along looking for some loans to fill the squad up.

78 very similar got a manager nobody wanted .....

But at least the board acted after relegation and we got Howard Kendall....Unlike today..

Just want to weep thinking of Howard. Where's our young dynamic manager that Madame promised us?

We are not nailed on for relegation. There is still some right old tosh in this division. In terms of our expenditure, even at this moment in time, we should be comfortably clear of relegation come the end of the season. We are a bad team alright, with a number of very poor players but once the season kicks in, with injuries, loss of form and suspensions you will see other very poor teams trying desperately to escape this division with poor results.

With the lip licking, lying, smarmy, spin doctor at the helm, supposedly a huge improvement on the underachieving Lambert, we should be rocketing onwards under his astute guidance, especially coupled with the huge budget the owners simply couldn't trust Lambert to waste.

Anyone stating we are certainties to go down, gives Coyle a reason for chronic underperformance and a get out of jail card immediately.

If we are relegated this season OOJW, the blame lies solely at the door of the owners. That doesn't mean he has a get out of jail card for ridiculous decisions, poor signings and poor results.

I think many sense that we will be relegated this season, so if the barometer for success is survival, OC should be congratulated for such if it's achieved.

I think I'll wait till September 1st before making a more definite prediction!

If we are relegated this season OOJW, the blame lies solely at the door of the owners. That doesn't mean he has a get out of jail card for ridiculous decisions, poor signings and poor results.

I think many sense that we will be relegated this season, so if the barometer for success is survival, OC should be congratulated for such if it's achieved.

I think I'll wait till September 1st before making a more definite prediction!

We have rarely conceded four, if ever, in any of the previous two seasons if my memory serves me correctly.

Would I fancy Allardyce, Pulis, Warnock, Souness, Pearson, Lambert etc to keep us up this season with the existing squad. Yup I would bet my mortgage on it.

Am I confident this oxygen sucking, money grabbing, self serving parasite will keep us up? Nope, as he will endeanger little respect or true belief amongst his charges and it is a long, hard season at this level with your backs against the wall.

Whilst Venky's are of course to blame for all my recent heartaches and headaches, I personally believe that a succession of obnoxious money grabbing individuals have legally raped the club for little or no return. Both players and managers. Few can hold their heads up and state they did what it said on the tin, tried their hardest, contributed fully and earnt their huge salaries. I imagine that cycle will continue this season.

Lambert, minus Hanley and a couple of loans, was supposed to get this side promoted. :))) Coyle is supposed to keep us up? I am all for being even handed, but that doesn't quite stack up.

• Like 1