BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Have a look at the goals against column , Goalkeeper , defence and midfield are not championship standard ....We are capable of scoring goals , we have this squad til Jan , relegation will follow !

I am aware our defence has been poor but still believe there are some very poor teans at this standard and a quality manager would keep us up. Coyle is getting off very lightly with minimum expectation due to enhanced focus on the owners and a lasting malaise amongst the fan base.

• Like 1

I am aware our defence has been poor but still believe there are some very poor teans at this standard and a quality manager would keep us up. Coyle is getting off very lightly with minimum expectation due to enhanced focus on the owners and a lasting malaise amongst the fan base.

Spot on , we are between a rock and a hard place !

Have a look at the goals against column , Goalkeeper , defence and midfield are not championship standard ....We are capable of scoring goals , we have this squad til Jan , relegation will follow !

That's the problem, we're not. We've scored 1 goal in the last 5 games. We've scored 12 in 12 games. 8 of those came against Burton, Rotherham and Derby. That 4 goals scored in the other 9 games.

We have a snake oil salesman in charge of our team. Promises attacking football and delivers the opposite. Our owners have been fooled again by a Scottish accent and a nice line in patter.

Just wait for the post Xmas injuries to kick in for yet another of Coyley's woefully unfit sides... this plethora of comedy late goals conceded tells you all you need to know. Legs, concentration, organisation? Happened at every one of them. His chubby Bolton side looked like they were heading for group type 2 diabetes.

The pity is that the league is a shambles this year, Bristol City are now 6th, didn't sound like they had any more quality than Rovers yesterday.

The manager is a crucial factor with most of the league having poor players.

I fear that Coyle has the Bowyer factor of pulling a win out the bag at the crucial moment. However relegation will be a certainty if he stays into the new year.

does anyone think coyle will be sacked before relagation is comfirmed.

No. Results have little to do with being a manager of Blackburn Rovers. The only criteria to being a manager of rovers is towing the party line. Coyle will only get sacked if he starts to show ambition and wants the owners to match it.

• Like 4

Good to see that some others have grasped the reality of our situation. Unless we go on a run very soon it's beginning to look like three from Rotherham, Wigan, us and Forest. Derby, Cardiff and Wolves have more than enough about 'em to get out of trouble, whilst we're 5 and 7 points behind the pre-season fav's for the drop in Burton and Barnsley respectively. The writing is on the wall I'm afraid ladies and gents.

I should know better but I can't believe that following yesterday's game some are peddling the line 'if we play like that for the rest of the season then we'll be fine'. Firstly, we won't play like that every week, and secondly we still bloody lost!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Our season will be a run of shocking results followed by a rare win to keep us not too far away but ultimately short.

This also enables us to be 'unlucky' and keeping some fans on side

• Like 3

Bonus payments for relegation...I just can't get it outta my head!!!

He is certainly saying the same thing as Kean, about relegation. Kean said no chance we will be relegated and Coyle said last week, he isn't concerned about the league position, as we will not be in the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

He is certainly saying the same thing as Kean, about relegation. Kean said no chance we will be relegated and Coyle said last week, he isn't concerned about the league position, as we will not be in the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

I remember when a reporter called Kean out on those comments during the Wigan post-match press conference. It was one of those instances where Kean's mask slipped and he showed his true colours.

Reporter: "You said Rovers wouldn't be relegated. I think you said 'guaranteed'. What went wrong?"

Kean (sarcastically): "We never won enough games."

Bonus payments for relegation...I just can't get it outta my head!!!

But football is in another World where there are massive rewards for failure. Just look at all the managers that get sacked and paid off - and then walk into another job.

In any other field of work they would practically become unemployable.