BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

I brought up Cardiff in answer to a post about Warnock. Because that is the club where he now is, I don't see it as bizarre. We are never going to agree on this point, so you stick to your stats, and I will stick with facts. I would also say that a better point is that there is no shame in having a differing opinion. P.S. I am not a gardener

Keep at it, you'll get there.

Did you protest, rigger?

Coyle is a key part of their strategy, so no contradiction there.

Pasha to the Pune vermin "Even though we have sold our best players and cut off money to buy good new players there is still a danger that Warnock could avoid relegation. Coyle on the other hand can almost guarantee it"

Pune Vermin to Pasha "Coyle it is then. Well done Pasha but stay on your knees intil you leave our presence"

Bling to the Pune Whore "see Sis I dont feck everything up"

You didn't look like a side that will go down on Saturday, hope you have enough to pull out of it.

There isn't a gap yet, Wigan, Cardiff, Forest are all in the mix at the moment I guess the worry for you is that some are pulling away.

Hope you get out of it anyway.

Thanks for that. The worry is the " management " of the club don't seem to be bothered one way or another.

Thanks for that. The worry is the " management " of the club don't seem to be bothered one way or another.

Thanks TV, hope you're right. I'd go a step further than you though Tyrone, which to my way of thinking is a passive "couldn't care less" attitude. From where I'm looking it's a far more active "it'll reduce the costs" approach that positively encourages relegation.

Now were heading to the 3rd division,i remenber the last time we were relagated.I seem to recall the manager was John Pickering who had to come out and appeal to the fans to leave the ground what seemed a hour after the final whistle .The game was a night match,and to a man most of the Blackburn Enders stayed behind pledgeing our loyalty.Thinks maybe a tad different this time.

Now were heading to the 3rd division,i remenber the last time we were relagated.I seem to recall the manager was John Pickering who had to come out and appeal to the fans to leave the ground what seemed a hour after the final whistle .The game was a night match,and to a man most of the Blackburn Enders stayed behind pledgeing our loyalty.Thinks maybe a tad different this time.

Remember it well.

Rovers are a different animal now, as it has been shattered beyond recognition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Well after an unexpected belting win things momentarily look a little more hopeful rather than being cut adrift we move outside the drop zone for a week at least.

Expect us to be down there at the end but now we can look at teams like Burton, Brentford and Barnsley and hope to stay in touch and maybe drag them below us

We've shown in recent weeks that we can compete with most teams in this division. However our poor fitness and lack of defensive discipline has cost us dearly several times. Its saying something when despite a terrible start to the season where we picked up 2 points from a possible 21 that we're very much now back in the pack after the last 11 games. Even those we have lost in recent weeks such as Villa, Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham, have been by 1 goal margins and we arguably shouldn't have lost any of them. So there are certainly reasons to be more optimistic moving forward, however it is imperative that we maintain this and don't let our standards drop.

There is some real dross in this league and this squad should have it in them to survive. Rotherham have all but gone already, meaning we're going to have to find another 2 clubs to finish above. Slowly but surely the likes of Barnsley and Burton are being dragged back into the mire whilst Wigan look poor. I don't think Cardiff or Wolves will be relegated, though it would be satisfying if they were, but ultimately I think they'll have too much managerial nous and will recruit well in January.

Also important will be our business in January. We are still short in defence and will need to address that, especially if Hoban and Ward are still not fit in the near future. Likewise we need to keep Emnes and Gallagher fit and at the club until the end of the season. If they depart then we're going to have issues replacing them.

Of course at a normal club the groundwork for January would already be nearly done and targets lined up with a budget. Alas no such work will be done here with clueless dodgy owners not communicating and therefore we'll see no business done until Marshall is sold.

Had it not been for such an awful start and those calamitous defeats against Wigan and Cardiff then things would be looking much better. I suppose we've got our esteemed owners to thank for such a chaotic start to the season with transfer business being conducted at the 11th hour only when Hanley and Duffy had been offloaded. I'm sure that had we recruited the likes of Emnes, Mulgrew and Gallagher earlier in the summer then they'd have got up to speed in time for the season beginning rather than late September.

Given the noticeable upturn in performances and results I am prepared to praise Coyle for this. I don't like him and I have little confidence in his managerial abilities, but he's managed to overcome a dreadful start and has delivered a noticeable improvement. So long may that continue.

• Like 2

Matches last 90 minutes though. It would be interesting to know if my auntie would be my uncle should she have testicles.

I think there are several teams currently above us on a downward spiral Brentford, Barnsley, Burton are right in it now. Forest seem to be intent on staying down there, I can see QPR falling too and an outside bet on Bristol.

Off loading your better players in January and recruiting more dross will probably ensure the drop as Coyle plays the fall guy for the agents and owners.

Is Byrne and Hendrie going back in January ?

Edited by JAL

Matches last 90 minutes though. It would be interesting to know if my auntie would be my uncle should she have testicles.

I think there are several teams currently above us on a downward spiral Brentford, Barnsley, Burton are right in it now. Forest seem to be intent on staying down there, I can see QPR falling too and an outside bet on Bristol.

Stupid post! The point is that we concede late goals too often. It's either loss of concentration or lack of fitness.

Or is it stupid substitutions?

Edited by Al

Didn't Forest win 5-2 away in their last match ?