BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This post and most of the others that I have seen from you screams Venky plant.

Straight after a Rovers home loss here you are sewing discontent. You always ask for detail but never give any. The last thing Rovers fans need now is another splinter fan group.

You malign the BRFC Action Group led by lifelong TRUE Rovers fans which is a disgraceful act by you.

From your posts you claim to go to Rovers away games within 2 hours travel of London.

Why then have you as an ardent Rovers fan NEVER been to Ewood Park? Do you know where Blackburn is? How long have you been a Rovers fan? What is your first language/native tongue?(fyi I do not care what it is but I do not think its English)

Go on....answer those simple questions..you know you want to.

I can't believe a message like this was even thought of....

This is exactly what is wrong with the fracture fan base today, I mean since when do you let paranoia dictate your life and since when must be surrounded by fear of every single individual who wishes to get involved and help out. 

I do not malign BRFCA, I just do not wish to get involved in something that I believe doesn't work at this point in time. I will not waste my time, or money in being part of something that I currently believe is sending out the wrong message. Because this group, just like a few other groups call themselves "TRUE SUPPORTERS" which means absolutely nothing and is just a tag that is branded about by middle age insecure men. I mean since when do I need to have a rubber stamp of approval by you or any other Rovers fan to say if I am a fan or not? If football was dictated by fans who went to the stadium of the team they support then Man Utd, Man City, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona would have their fans slashed by half. 

I am half French/UK and live between the France and UK while also spending the majority of my time travelling for work from my family. My dream is to get to Ewood Park one day but I understand it is something that will happen under the Venky's regime. 

And why are you worried about a splintered fan group? Look around you, and really look. What is there left this fan base is so fracture to its very core there it is impossible for it to get any worse. It is fracture because for 6 long years individual have not put their egos aside for one second, causing people to point fingers at each other repeatedly and endlessly while individuals fight for the title of being called a True Blackburn Rovers fan, rather than fighting for Blackburn Rovers. 

This March 2017 date keeps getting mentioned seemingly for 2 reasons. Firstly because that is when the overdraft arrangement with the Bank of India is due for renewal, and secondly because that is the latest we can enter administration whilst taking the points deduction this season rather than next.

I'm yet to see any evidence which suggests either of those aspects are of concern at this point.

The Bank of India overdraft facility has been up for renewal every March since they started using the facility to fund the club. In every set of accounts they mention this and say they expect it will be renewed as usual. The exact same thing is said in the recent accounts of both Rovers and Venkys London. There is also a mention that if for whatever reason the Bank of India doesn't extend the overdraft facility then alternative sources of funding are available.

The point about needing to enter administration this season to avoid a deduction next season is irrelevant. Venkys have shown they will not make decisions for the good of the club and the chances of them changing their plans just to make life easier for Rovers are slim. If administration is even an option it will only happen when they have to do it, not when it makes most sense for BRFC IMO.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

You have posted this a few times.

How do you know this ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this mean that all there dealings from the past 6 years would be available to see?

I can't see them allowing it, we'll just be downgraded even more in the next couple of years and still be having the same tedious "discussions" about why they are still here.

It's just a depressing mess.

People at the club obviously planning for relegation now with Senior talking about an 'A-list' and a 'B-list' of transfer targets for summer. God knows what sort of quality on the B-list. Senior admits that "you don't need to spend money" on transfers, so I think we can read that there will be ZERO spend again in summer.

I genuinely think that the owners want relegtion so they can get rid of the high earners, reduce the annual losses, then focus on selling off assets like the training ground land and any other assets. Recoup as much as they can then put the club into administration. A second relegation next season is highly likely.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I have grown tired and fed up of Rovers. This is a club that is beyond recognisable to me. I will fight for this club and with everything I have left to get what we deserve. I refuse to be apart of the BRFC Action group or any other member grouped after having to deal with questions and aggression from other fans saying I am an agent to Venky's or that I am not a real Blackburn Rovers supporter (Only because I have never been to Ewood Park, though I attend every single London game, and game that is 2h away from London). If there are any independent fans who wish are fighting their own battle as well please let me know. The only goal I have set myself is to unite the fan base to have a bigger impact to get one message across which is Venky's out!

Do you care to elaborate on the aggression you have received from the group, or the questioning?

Forgive me but I have no idea who you are, or why you'd be making such an accusation.  If it has happened then I'd like to be made aware of it.

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I can't believe a message like this was even thought of....

This is exactly what is wrong with the fracture fan base today, I mean since when do you let paranoia dictate your life and since when must be surrounded by fear of every single individual who wishes to get involved and help out. 

I do not malign BRFCA, I just do not wish to get involved in something that I believe doesn't work at this point in time. I will not waste my time, or money in being part of something that I currently believe is sending out the wrong message. Because this group, just like a few other groups call themselves "TRUE SUPPORTERS" which means absolutely nothing and is just a tag that is branded about by middle age insecure men. I mean since when do I need to have a rubber stamp of approval by you or any other Rovers fan to say if I am a fan or not? If football was dictated by fans who went to the stadium of the team they support then Man Utd, Man City, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona would have their fans slashed by half. 

I am half French/UK and live between the France and UK while also spending the majority of my time travelling for work from my family. My dream is to get to Ewood Park one day but I understand it is something that will happen under the Venky's regime. 

And why are you worried about a splintered fan group? Look around you, and really look. What is there left this fan base is so fracture to its very core there it is impossible for it to get any worse. It is fracture because for 6 long years individual have not put their egos aside for one second, causing people to point fingers at each other repeatedly and endlessly while individuals fight for the title of being called a True Blackburn Rovers fan, rather than fighting for Blackburn Rovers. 

Thank you for responding and clearing up some questions.

If paranoia is what got me to doubt the Vs intentions from the start of their reign of terror then I am ok with that.

Your allusion to the clubs mentioned is meaningless. They all have millions of armchair supporters worldwide most of whom never visit the country of the club they follow. 

Cutting through your flaky waffle I still cannot understand why you have never gone to Ewood Park.

Are you that afraid of 'middle age insecure men'?

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thank you for responding and clearing up some questions.

If paranoia is what got me to doubt the Vs intentions from the start of their reign of terror then I am ok with that.

Your allusion to the clubs mentioned is meaningless. They all have millions of armchair supporters worldwide most of whom never visit the country of the club they follow. 

Cutting through your flaky waffle I still cannot understand why you have never gone to Ewood Park.

Are you that afraid of 'middle age insecure men'?

What flake and waffle? Why do i need to justify myself as to why i haven't been to Ewood Park? Why must I have to prove myself to you to go there? There opportunity just hasn't presented itself that is the only answer. I can ask the same irrelevant answer, why haven't you been to the Azores Islands? Why do you work? These are all categories under the same category of questions....

No they're not. He's never claimed to be a fan of the Azores. You claim to be a fan of Rovers, yet you've never been to Ewood. Unless you live on the other side of the world which you don't,  it's not difficult. I follow Lorient in the French league and I get to their home games a couple of times a season at least. 

• Like 2

Just now, roverstdt said:

What flake and waffle? Why do i need to justify myself as to why i haven't been to Ewood Park? Why must I have to prove myself to you to go there? There opportunity just hasn't presented itself that is the only answer. I can ask the same irrelevant answer, why haven't you been to the Azores Islands? Why do you work? These are all categories under the same category of questions....

ERMMMMM I don't say I support a football team on the Azores do I? And have never said I've not been there. How's that for starters?

Edited by AllRoverAsia

I don't understand the obsessive idea that I need to be at Ewood Park at least ONCE in my life to be classified as a fan....Seriously it is beyond me.....What is it to you? It is my life I manage it the way I wish too, if I haven't had the time I haven't had the time. My father is an AFC Wimbledon Supporter and is an investor in the club but yet he has never been to see them play, does that make any less of a fan? No, not at all. Wake up and smell the coffee, what is your concern I am live across different countries mostly in the France, where I have my family and I travel 7 months of the year for work what is your concern how I live my life? 

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

ERMMMMM I don't say I support a football team on the Azores do I? And have never said I've not been there. How's that for starters?

Football is like a religion, as a muslim doesn't need to go to Mecca to be classified a muslim, A christian doesn't need to go to the Vatican City to be classified a christian. I do not and need not go to Ewood Park to be classified a fan. 

Edited by roverstdt
  • Like 1

Football is like a religion, as muslim doesn't need to go to Mecca to be classified a muslim, A christian doesn't need to go to Rome to be classified a christian. I do not and need not go to Ewood Park to be classified a fan. 

I am opting out of this senseless babble as we are in danger of derailing an otherwise important thread. My apologies to all readers. I should know better as a "more than middle age" secure man.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

I should stop really too.  I just get a little annoyed with I haven't been to Ewood as an excuse for whatever when for most people who want to come and don't live on the other side of the world, it's not a hard place to get to. You can be a fan and never come but to mention it yourself as a way to have a pop at fans, I don't understand. 

• Like 1

And I am sorry but that type of questionning of the loyalty of a fan is completely out of context and the reason we are in the mess we are today because of an ideology like that, which separates rather than unites individuals. But you are right lets stop the conversation there. 

I completely disagree the fact I still turn up to their games across within reason of a 2h limit (4h trip in one day) shows my dedication to this club

Sir

May I suggest that is not dedication but that you have taken an 'opportunity' that has 'presented itself'.

Regarding your not having visited Blackburn, I would also suggest that you are the ultimate boycotter. Well done sir!

Edited by MCMC1875

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Sir

May I suggest that is not dedication but that you have taken an 'opportunity' that has 'presented itself'.

Regarding your not having visited Blackburn, I would also suggest that you are the ultimate boycotter. Well done sir!

Sir you may brand me as you will, as any other fan wishes to, I do not care if someone hasn't been to blackburn and I open minded enough to consider everyone and anyone who calls themselves a Blackburn Fan as a fan. At the point I will end this endless assessment and interrogation as it isn't constructive and just separate and alienates more and more fans. 

• Like 1

All we need to do is 'keep winning games' according to Marv: http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-marvin-emnes-queens-park-rangers-3555257.aspx

That's alright then. There was I thinking we'd only won one game in eleven in the league, but I must be wrong.

We've also been terribly 'unlucky'. Coyle's hyperbole rubbing off big time on the players it would seem. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

All we need to do is 'keep winning games' according to Marv: http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-marvin-emnes-queens-park-rangers-3555257.aspx

That's alright then. There was I thinking we'd only won one game in eleven in the league, but I must be wrong.

We've also been terribly 'unlucky'. Coyle's hyperbole rubbing off big time on the players it would seem. 

That is what happens when managers continually blame other things and dance around their handbags instead of facing the truth. Players will use any excuse for mediocrity but when the manager gives them one on a plate they will undoubtedly use it.

• Like 1