BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Interesting you pick on Lowe - but didn't go. If you had gone you would have seen that Hoban and Brown had absolute mares. Though I wouldn't say Lowe had a good game - he was far from the worst player on the pitch - and was one of the few busting a gut for the cause. The only bright spot was Mahoney - and he is out of contract soon - which just made it a thoroughly depressing day.

It's impossible to argue with people about Lowe's (non) contribution.

He has been an ever present during the worst period of the last 7 years. Everything that can been said about him has been said. We are a better side without him playing. It has been proven over and over. Making him captain was the worst decision ever made by one of our worst ever managers. The players have no obvious respect for him on the pitch, he doesn't visibly communicate, he's not a leader of men, he doesn't even lead by example. It's like Ferguson making Phil Neville captain and sticking Keane at CB. The only good thing about Venkys penny pinching is that he will leave - hopefully. I cringe when I think of the players that have been left on the bench through some inexplicable need for him to play.

The thought of him signing a new contact and it being announced as great news would kill off any hope I might have left.

• Like 1

If we do actually go down to division 3 it'll make for an interesting couple of months once the dust has settled.

I've long been of the opinion that a drop down to next tier will see Venkys looking for the nearest exit, I have nothing but a gut feeling to go off and maybe its more in hope than expectation, but can you imagine the start of a new season under new owners and renewed optimism?

If we do go down its time for a renewed effort from everyone concerned, hammer the owners and everything they stand for at every opportunity. We need the big hitters like Jack Straw, MP's like Kate Hollern and G Jones shouting from the rooftops, Shearer, Sutton and anyone else that values this great club of ours to get that message out.

With relegation comes outrage, we need to seize upon that.

• Like 2

Just now, Gav said:

If we do actually go down to division 3 it'll make for an interesting couple of months once the dust has settled.

I've long been of the opinion that a drop down to next tier will see Venkys looking for the nearest exit, I have nothing but a gut feeling to go off and maybe its more in hope than expectation, but can you imagine the start of a new season under new owners and renewed optimism?

If we do go down its time for a renewed effort from everyone concerned, hammer the owners and everything they stand for at every opportunity. We need the big hitters like Jack Straw, MP's like Kate Hollern and G Jones shouting from the rooftops, Shearer, Sutton and anyone else that values this great club of ours to get that message out.

With relegation comes outrage, we need to seize upon that.

I expect we'll get a surge in public support over the coming weeks as our plight becomes clear to the world and there's a story to be had about the former Premier League Champions dropping into the 3rd tier. Most will be sympathetic to our fall from grace and understand where the blame lies.

Unfortunately it won't be sustained. Once we're entrenched in the 3rd division or even worse we'll become yesterday's news. Just like Coventry and Portsmouth became after a few seasons down there.

As much as I dearly hope that our imminent relegation will be the beginning of the end for Venkys I just can't see it. Magic Mike will be tasked with reducing expenditure in line with the further fall in revenues and as long as their input doesn't exceed a certain level I think they'll be content to cart on as usual.

Just been listening to 5 live phone-in. Rovers fan on. Oh dear. Passion maybe but didn’t even know where the Venky’s hailed from (he thought it was China) –just the routine clichés. Thank God Ian Wright actually stepped in and knew a little about us –talking about due diligence, all our ills coming from Venky’s etc. Not bad for a pundit –a bit better than the usual stuff (presumably Kells has been talking to him). Ultimately, of course, the media aren’t interested and presumably the FA wish we would disappear.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If we're worrying about Wigan we're down. If we don't get at least 4 points from the next two games we're down. If Wes Brown is good enough to get in our 1st team we're down.

I think we're down.

But are we going bust? That is the question.

We were that poor last weekend I'm worried about Rotherham catching us.

As for Wes Brown, he's taking the pi$$. So was the bloke who signed him. 

Are we going bust? We probably already are, there's just a bit more to be squeezed out of this charade first though isn't there? You know, for "the owners". 

We've been morally bankrupt as a club from the moment The Walker Trust sold us to "Venkys".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

We were that poor last weekend I'm worried about Rotherham catching us.

As for Wes Brown, he's taking the pi$$. So was the bloke who signed him. 

Are we going bust? We probably already are, there's just a bit more to be squeezed out of this charade first though isn't there? You know, for "the owners". 

We've been morally bankrupt as a club from the moment The Walker Trust sold us to "Venkys".

:D

I think they'll have to wait till mid-August. They'll be out of sight by September.

Barnsley 2-up now. They're world beaters away to shyte League 1-bound teams.

I don't think there's anything left to squeeze. Very few players worth selling and hopefully the other assets are protected. Not sure why any 'owner' would stick around in League 1, whatever their motivation. 

Edit. I think Barnsley may have capitulated whilst I looked away! 

Edited by blueboy3333

• Backroom

It all goes to show just how much we truly deserve to go down.

This league is so poor, and we have been the second worst team without a doubt.

Down and we deserve it!

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

It all goes to show just how much we truly deserve to go down.

This league is so poor, and we have been the second worst team without a doubt.

Down and we deserve it!

Can't argue with that. Barnsley, one win in 10. Yep.

If you employ Owen Coyle, keep him in charge for as long as they did, spend nothing on player recruitment, bring in far too many loans, bring in has beens and scum bags, employ Sheffield Wednesday "managerial" cast offs.

Well, basically, you're setting yourself up to fail. Premeditated destruction.

Can't come as a surprise to anyone can it.  Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.  It's been coming for a while and isn't the end of the downward spiral.  At least next season we have some good away games to go to and we even might win a few.  Stay up and we'll just go down next year anyway. 

Just now, McClarky said:

Not too worried what Wigan do, it's the teams above the line we need to worry about, ie the ones we play this weekend.

Exactly. Wigan winning is annoying but doesn't really change things for us. We're well behind the pack of Forest, Bristol and Burton and unless we win games ourselves and catch them 3 then we'll go down. 

Wigan have shown fighting spirit that we haven't in the last couple of games. A last minute win against Rotherham followed by turning around a 2-0 down at half time to win 3-2. 

Just now, McClarky said:

Not too worried what Wigan do, it's the teams above the line we need to worry about, ie the ones we play this weekend.

Don't think we should worry about teams above the line. Just worry about what venkys have done and the end of a great club.