BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

5 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

good investment fro a side fighting relegation I thought they had problems meeting FFP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/18/ross-mccormackhas-not-reported-training-nottingham-forest-three/

Might be wrong but think Forest were put under an embargo (around the same time Venkys had the FFP excuse)  because they failed to pay part of a transfer fee on time

Edited by perthblue02

More down to Fawaz's unusual business style and refusal to appoint a CEO than a lack of money or investment.

Infact just about the only thing he can't be criticised for at Forest is spending money. He's spent a fortune, albeit with a lot wasted. Recently they've had a few big sales as he looks to cut costs but then he still allowed re-investment into quality like Clough to the tune of a few million.

Investment in football is putting above and beyond the bare minimum in to keep the doors open to try and improve the club and its chances of success.

Venkys think investment is servicing the debt and paying the wages they have contracted themselves into paying. A bit like me buying a house and claiming investment because I pay the gas and electric bill. Never mind the walls are falling down and there's no roof.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

More down to Fawaz's unusual business style and refusal to appoint a CEO than a lack of money or investment.

Infact just about the only thing he can't be criticised for at Forest is spending money. He's spent a fortune, albeit with a lot wasted. Recently they've had a few big sales as he looks to cut costs but then he still allowed re-investment into quality like Clough to the tune of a few million.

Investment in football is putting above and beyond the bare minimum in to keep the doors open to try and improve the club and its chances of success.

Venkys think investment is servicing the debt and paying the wages they have contracted themselves into paying. A bit like me buying a house and claiming investment because I pay the gas and electric bill. Never mind the walls are falling down and there's no roof.

Please write a blog... It'd be fantastic! At least consider it! Bang on every time!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

We won Nikelodeon Family Club of the Year as well as being FFP compliant.

Cheston deserves a pay rise and a new company car.

Unfortunately Mike just did a software upgrade on his phone which has automatically sorted his contacts by last name.

As a result, he seems to have lost the number for "Suhail"

Should it not come under P or could that be S or maybe some other alias? I might need to call my office later today, to check the surname of my boss, as I don't know it. Come to think of it, I don't know his job title either. I must be losing the plot or covering something up!

19 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

good investment fro a side fighting relegation I thought they had problems meeting FFP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/18/ross-mccormackhas-not-reported-training-nottingham-forest-three/

McCormack is another troubled soul looking for salvation in the bars of Glasgow. He will end up managed by Coyle in Scotland L2.

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

A debt that comes relegation from the Premier league, due to their terrible decisions.  

Just now, Phil T said:

A draw at Wolves isn't an "embarrassing" or "pathetic" result on its own, but the other results just exacerbate the fact that we could have done with a win. When you consider that Wigan could still actually survive, we still have a fighting chance. You never know...

Factor in the needing a win and not getting it against Wolves, Bristol City or Barnsley then it does get pretty embarrassing. Heck, even not giving Reading a hard time - who've had a few dodge results of late - shows an innate lack of desire as well as ability.  Blimey we're not struggling for wins against Chelsea, Barcelona and Juve is it? We've been against some very mediocre sides with not much to show for it.

Still have a sneaky feeling Brum will save us. But we're really supping in last chance saloon now.

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Imagine if someone said to you back when sparky was our manager that we would be in league 1 in 2017,no way you would have believed them. 

Or even if it had been said at any time pre-Venkys. Summer 2010, just finished 10th with Big Sam. Great mix of experience (Nelsen, Salgado, Givet etc) and good young players (Phil Jones, N'Zonzi, couple of others). 7 years later we'd be going down to League One? Anyone saying that would have been laughed out of town.

Then just a few months later we were bought by that lot and suddenly the future for Rovers became a frightening place. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Worry for the good folk at Ewood when this is confirmed.

I think a lot of people who have done nothing wrong will find themselves out of work.

Is the community trust currently funded by the club?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, frosty said:

n.

Then just a few months later we were bought by that lot and suddenly the future for Rovers became a frightening place. 

Wasn't though was it ? This place was crammed with people believing the Raos' rhetoric and thinking we were going to sign the world's best players and competing in the Champions League.

A few of us knew it didn't look or feel right but were shouted down.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Worry for the good folk at Ewood when this is confirmed.

I think a lot of people who have done nothing wrong will find themselves out of work.

Is the community trust currently funded by the club?

The CT do some fantastic work.  I am unsure of the funding but I hope they survive.

44 minutes ago, preston blue said:

The CT do some fantastic work.  I am unsure of the funding but I hope they survive.

Community Trusts are usually separate entities and are charities using the the clubs brand. 

It's going to be a summer of reckoning, once relegation confirmed.

It will be interesting to see which players accet the massive paycuts coming their way.  (Tbh I would only want to see Raya, Mulgrew, Ward and Bennet and possibly Graham anywhere near the 1st team..and  some of those will be the highest earners).

I wouldn't bet against starting the season with the under 23 squad as our first team and Dunn as manager.

The ST price rises are not going to act as any incentive to purchase.

Ewood was rebuilt as a prem league ground which makes it a millstone  in terms of running and maintenance when less than a third full each week.

What will happen to the academy as surely we can no longer afford to finacially support a cat 1 academy in league 1?

Without major investment from somewhere, I just don't see how we can turn it around.  We will just drop again next year.

All that said, if we do stabilise things in summer,  A league in which we could potentially compete at the top end and build a winning mentality, may see crowds flock back.  Providing a springboard for the future -  As per Bolton.

Realistically, I fear the former will be the most likely scenario whilst we watch Dave Wheelan's Wigan push for promotion.

Owners 'n all that eh!  

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller