BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

They were so bitter about that result. They didn't think we could win that game. If Pedersen could head straight Chelsea would be the same. We've been lucky to see such quality at the Rovers. Newer fans can only dream of such times.

I don't support a team purely to win trophies, I support them to compete and give their all. Boy did we ruffle some feathers during the Souness, Hughes and Big Sam eras.

Sadly, we don't step on that pitch anymore believing we will win or ever giving 100%. A team are often a reflection of their manager, unfortunately we aren't full of fight and grit and we are just nicey,nicey pushovers. I miss the days when their was a team of battlers on the pitch.

• Like 2

I don't support a team purely to win trophies, I support them to compete and give their all. Boy did we ruffle some feathers during the Souness, Hughes and Big Sam eras.

Sadly, we don't step on that pitch anymore believing we will win or ever giving 100%. A team are often a reflection of their manager, unfortunately we aren't full of fight and grit and we are just nicey,nicey pushovers. I miss the days when their was a team of battlers on the pitch.

Quite right. No point supporting the Rovers if you want to win trophies. They've been few and far apart all my life.

Its not about that for us and many others. But I expect them to be up for it whoever and wherever we play. I loved the fact teams didn't like coming up north to play us under those managers.

• Like 1

Quite right. No point supporting the Rovers if you want to win trophies. They've been few and far apart all my life.

Its not about that for us and many others. But I expect them to be up for it whoever and wherever we play. I loved the fact teams didn't like coming up north to play us under those managers.

Yeah. Remember Gordon Lee before a home game with Charlton? Something about Northern grit being too much for the London outfit

Rovers have won more trophies than the majority of teams in this country. And that's just in my lifetime.

But I take your point.

• Like 1

Rovers have won more trophies than the majority of teams in this country. And that's just in my lifetime.

But I take your point.

We've done very well indeed. Supposedly much bigger clubs have had years of failure. Enjoyed our cup exploits in the noughties very much. I started believing we'd get to the latter stages and often we did.

When I started watching the thought of winning a cup was ridiculous, but fair shout to our club in that the only one we had a realistic chance in, we won, beating PL clubs along the way. (What a shame Hendry isn't a lasting hero after two spells and two trophies).

We've done very well indeed. Supposedly much bigger clubs have had years of failure. Enjoyed our cup exploits in the noughties very much. I started believing we'd get to the latter stages and often we did.

When I started watching the thought of winning a cup was ridiculous, but fair shout to our club in that the only one we had a realistic chance in, we won, beating PL clubs along the way. (What a shame Hendry isn't a lasting hero after two spells and two trophies).

On the football side he still is - of mine anyway.

• Like 1

Going of those stats we should get circa 60 points, but the major difference is that we have lost Rudy's 20 goals and not adequately replaced them so that is going to effect the equation.

So to compensate we have to become better defensively (not seen evidence of that) or we get Rhodes to score 30 odd goals and we get 10 additional goals from likes of Delfounso/Koita.

Yet all the talk is of nothing to worry about, everything will be ok. It shows we were average at BEST but now we are weaker, overachieve and we can match that probably. Under achieve and well............. You do get the sense of too good to go down or anything from club and players. They need to wake up because they damn well ain't !

• Like 1

• Backroom

Going of those stats we should get circa 60 points, but the major difference is that we have lost Rudy's 20 goals and not adequately replaced them so that is going to effect the equation.

So to compensate we have to become better defensively (not seen evidence of that) or we get Rhodes to score 30 odd goals and we get 10 additional goals from likes of Delfounso/Koita.

Or bring in a better manager.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

In calendar year 2015 Rovers have picked up 35 points out of a possible 81 (we have played 27 league games).

Interestingly we have only lost 8 games, drawing 11 and winning 8.

Just about squeaks us out of relegation apart from the squad now being massively inferior to the squad we had at the start of the year, albeit without some high wage earning passengers.

Just about sums up the situation Kamy.

Sounds a wee bit depressing to me.

On that basis, I'd say he can be forgiven for the following :)

Gresko

Grabbi

Baggio

Diawara

Keller

Pelzer

Ferguson

Andresen

Enckelman

Bothroyd

Amoruso?

I'm waiting for some work :)

Gresko was good on loan tbf, I think we signed his rubbish twin.

I think you can see from that list, his signings dropped off a bit, but you can't knock him for the list i put up.

Btw you missed de Pedro.

I can't imagine even with all the money in the world Bowyer could attract a player like Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Andy Cole - anyone remember the press release from big-club saying they had a bid accepted for Craig Bellamy? Souness, Hughes and Big Sam could spot and bring in players.

• Like 1

We are in a relegation spot now,

Unless there are changes I don't think we will get out of the situation

:angry:

The next 2 games will define quite a bit. Win and we surge up the table lose and we're mired in the deep crap. Bowyer will be happy with a point a game but with his tactics I don't think we'll get them.

I really hope I'm wrong.

I think tomorrow will be a defining game.

Fulham were in the bottom 3 themselves last month, possibly they've just had a slow start. Hope springs eternal, if we can keep them out, we may nick one through Rhodes.

A win and we can relax a bit, a draw and ... well, we stagger on. A loss and we're right in it.

It's going to be unbearable viewing. My concern is that we'll ship one early doors, let them get on the front doot and never get back into it.

Just hope I'm wrong, because I don't think the leadership at the club is strong enough to get us out of a hole. The best we can hope for this season is survival, I guess it's just a waiting game. But tomorrow I think will tell us a lot. We're in the bottom three again, can Bowyer get a response out of whatever 11 he picks?